You are not connected.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 11/14/2011, 11:33 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

OK after reading thru the thread its looking like Bushido, Ultimate Combat, Undisputed and Destiny (good name Charles). We can do Bushido and the uC on fridays and Undisputed and Destiny on saturdays. Thats 4 leagues 2 for each game. Pretty much stays within the same time frame as our previous broadcast schedule so this is perfect IMO. I guess the only question left now is will Undisputed have fight cards?

52Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 11/15/2011, 12:32 am

Geek

Geek

K!LLA B33 wrote:OK after reading thru the thread its looking like Bushido, Ultimate Combat, Undisputed and Destiny (good name Charles). We can do Bushido and the uC on fridays and Undisputed and Destiny on saturdays. Thats 4 leagues 2 for each game. Pretty much stays within the same time frame as our previous broadcast schedule so this is perfect IMO. I guess the only question left now is will Undisputed have fight cards?

lol i had forgotten i'd even came up with Destiny

It's definitely a perplexing question as to whether or not THQ will include fight cards this year. Thats the fun thing about EA MMA, it unintentionally catered to all online fight leagues and helped us. THQ who basically started the online league movement has to include this at one point or another.

Rainboi we'd definitely have to have all 7 classes in UFC simply because everyone will want to get their hands on the new divisions. I think if we do have a beginner league, we'd have to maybe do

HW/LHW

MW/WW

and splinter those off when they move up if those people would like so, into WW moving down to LW etc etc. just something where we can channel talent into the bigger league. I think that's the biggest problem online is getting all weight classes equally stacked so we as staff have to encourage the use of all classes.

We won't have to worry about pride, BW FW are in LW in Pride (from what i hear) WW is WW, MW includes LHW and HW is HW and LHW i believe.

I agree with your scheduling K!lla, no comments to that other than i agree.

53Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 11/15/2011, 4:56 am

EGFr0sty

EGFr0sty
I think maybe you guys should do it where theres an under league (kinda like Fight Force) but you have to win four "Solid fights"(not in a row) before you can go into any other league. You let all your top guys that switch over and fight in the big leagues and have the guys like me or the guys with no wins or bad records fight in the little leagues. Also i think you guys should host an event on sundays.

54Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 11/18/2011, 7:02 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

The thing about an under league is that it takes extra time and energy. to run two competitive leagues is difficult enough. We have to make the time for it and make sure it doesn't conflict with anyone's schedules. Then we have to make sure it gets streamed. Then on top of that we have to take into account the availability of each individual league member and make sure enough people can come to make an event worthwhile.

55Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 11/25/2011, 7:20 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

So do you guys agree with doing Bushido and UC on fridays and the Undisputed league on saturdays?

56Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 11/25/2011, 8:31 pm

Geek

Geek

Sounds good to me homie. Saturdays are usually our busy days anyway and if we run UFC 3, the majority of the people will have migrated by then, so you have my vote

57Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 11/25/2011, 11:51 pm

GoldenBoyGageX

GoldenBoyGageX
chances are ea mma will die out lets be honest.... and i dont see why you guys have such a big ass problem with stock fighting leagues most people on ufc like stock fighters more than cafs but idc which all i know is we should 1 caf league and 1 stock league....

58Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 11/26/2011, 12:13 am

ele25

ele25

If theres a PS3 league Im in. But everyone hates onus PS3ers for some reason.

59Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 12/7/2011, 4:31 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

I really do like the idea of a stock league, the only problem is that there is an imbalance for fighters and you run out of match-ups quickly. I think the best COA is to make an over-all cap. Then, you can either select to have a fighter over the overall cap or a stock fighter.

As far as the schedule goes... I personally do think EA will die off. But, if it doesn't I'm cool with UFC saturdays and EA fridays.

THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER!! THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER!! We need this.

60Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/1/2012, 9:00 pm

Acoustic

Acoustic
We certainly need more discussion on this topic with the release of Undisputed 3 coming pretty soon.

Here are some things we need to go over:

How exactly the two leagues are gonna work out in terms of championships, whats going to make them different, contracts, ect ect

If THQ decides to throw in CAF caps then how are we gonna go about things? Either use just caps or everyone has to take their CAF through career mode?

If THQ doesn't decide to throw in CAF caps what should the new fighter cap be for the league and how do we raise our stats (wins, how we peform, training camps?)

Whether or not we use only CAF (I really hope we only use CAF tbh)

Anything else anyone can think of?

I do have some inputs of my own though. One of the main things that the league needs is the real MMA experience. This is going to call for professionalism, interviews (nothing over the line, just simple questions that don't get into roleplaying), training, very good matchups that are hyped, people talking about fights on the boards, people actually knowing the fighters and what's going, ect ect. If we can make this happen, my UFC Undisputed 3 experience will be amazing!

61Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/1/2012, 11:11 pm

Geek

Geek

Acoustic wrote:We certainly need more discussion on this topic with the release of Undisputed 3 coming pretty soon.

How exactly the two leagues are gonna work out in terms of championships, whats going to make them different, contracts, ect ect

If THQ decides to throw in CAF caps then how are we gonna go about things? Either use just caps or everyone has to take their CAF through career mode?

If THQ doesn't decide to throw in CAF caps what should the new fighter cap be for the league and how do we raise our stats (wins, how we peform, training camps?)

I do have some inputs of my own though. One of the main things that the league needs is the real MMA experience. This is going to call for professionalism, interviews (nothing over the line, just simple questions that don't get into roleplaying), training, very good matchups that are hyped, people talking about fights on the boards, people actually knowing the fighters and what's going, ect ect. If we can make this happen, my UFC Undisputed 3 experience will be amazing!

We already run it at the tip top of professionalism. There's always room to grow though, but we run this ship at top notch capacity! We do need more spotlight on fighters etc outside of the top ones, because everyone knows names around here, we just need to expand it further than just the top p4p and let that trickle down to the lesser know fighters and the hyping of fights. Good ideas Acoustic, keep putting input forth, we need it.

62Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/1/2012, 11:21 pm

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
Acoustic wrote:We certainly need more discussion on this topic with the release of Undisputed 3 coming pretty soon.

Excellent input Acoustic and thanks for taking the time to post it. We will definatelty be CAF only. We just need to know more about the game before we know if we need to set caps or not. From what I here there wont be any caps but we will be able to see the stats on the ready up screen so the super CAF problem is no more. Very Happy Now its just a matter of what the name of the league will be (please guys give me some suggestions on that. I came up with Undisputed Fighting Championship but it isnt sitting well with me) and the rules as far as exploits go but that will have to wait until after release when people have had the time to play it. More input is needed guys so please weigh in.

63Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/2/2012, 12:30 am

BlazedGonzo

BlazedGonzo
Well I hope you guys go with Cafs. though you will prolly need to cap just to be safe.

Regardless I hope you guys open up all weight classes in the UFC stuff (all 7 UFC and all 4 Pride weights, yes 4)

as for name league what about;

Championship Fighting Series (Championship FS or CFS)
Ultimate Cage Fighting (UCF) lol
Supremacy Championship Fighting (SCF)
Online Ultimate Fighting (OUF)
Ultimate Combat Fighting (UCF)
Cage Fighting Championship (CFC)

just some ideas

64Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/10/2012, 10:20 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

If it's CAF only, I'm not sure how the overall works out where 80 - A Silva + GSP is the max or maybe they make 100 the max. Regardless, we can't have everyone be 80's. That's just unrealistic. I personally believe we can start people out with like... a 65, and as they win they can distribute more points. Or maybe not 65 but you get the point. Fighters would progress

65Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/10/2012, 10:31 pm

taz19

taz19
On my perspective, depending on how many players sign up for this league, it should be both Caf and UFC fighters. It will keep many players in the league. I don't know if this mode is on private fights, but there is this mode which equalizes that fighter stats, so It wouldn't matter about there stats, but on how well the fighter is. Another mode that should be put in, is simulation. This way, you won't be able to throw countless of strikes and kicks without getting tired. Anyways, looking forward for the upcoming UFC season.
Cesar Cyborg wrote:How bout one big CAF league. We are a caf league website not a Fighter one.

one big insta and career league. Honestly you guys know how I roll, Rapping people with instant cafs.

Yea, I dout that happens when UFC 3 comes in. I've never faced you in UFC, but I'm sure, ill beat you with instat caf.
https://www.youtube.com/flames19

66Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/11/2012, 11:37 pm

Acoustic

Acoustic
Been lurking around the UOC league forum (one that THQ has made a thread about on their forum) and I must say their league is all over the place. They are divided between PS3 and Xbox which seems to cause a lot of issues. Lots of players saying that they are better than the xbox champion blah blah. Their forums are very difficult to go through as well.

One thing I did like about their league was the importance of camps. It seemed like a big deal over there to get multiple (or even one) champions in your camp. Maybe we could focus a little more on that.

So far this is what you guys got so far:

2 Leagues with all weight classes for each one (or are we gonna exclude some of them?)

SIM Mode

Insta or career caf (or both?)?

Some sort of xp system based on fights (not sure how it's done and what CAF's start at)

Xbox only

Fights once a week

ect ect/

Please do correct me on any of those if I am wrong. UFC 3 is right around the corner so the quicker you/we get everything set in stone the sooner advertisements can go out for the league.

67Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/11/2012, 11:45 pm

Acoustic

Acoustic
Oh and can we ban stupid CAFs. Little ridiculous to see someone with a pink afro and a clown face come into the octagon...lol

68Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/12/2012, 4:48 pm

taz19

taz19
You just have to be around UOC to understand it. I been in the UOC since 09. Since the 1st UFC game. We do take our camp serious. Im in CBA , one of the best if not the best camp out there, I'm not just saying it either, go check camp leaderboards when the alpha get's back up. From what I've seen , there isn't any issues, there's a ps3 side and a xbox side, everyone's happy. The more belts a camp has, the more reason to have bragging rights. UFC is all about competition.

Simulation deff sounds like a good idea to put in the league. More competitive and you can't just rush in there throwing punches or kicks, same when you in the ground. In my opinion,

Career Caf league , Do few Weight Classes not all, because we don't know how many players will actually be active.

A pride mode league. The way this would work, maybe just a suggestion, players could have two different CAfs , one for the regular league and one for pride mode. If there are people who want have Instant caf, your could make instant caf for pride and career caf for UFC league. That way, everyone's happy.

So, any thoughts on my suggestion?
https://www.youtube.com/flames19

69Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/12/2012, 6:30 pm

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
Thanks for your input guys. I dont want to run a bunch of different leagues to try and please each individual group though. Thats too much work for the staff so I need to find a happy medium. I like the format we have for EA MMA so I want something similar to that.

What I've narrowed it down to is 2 leagues at the most. One for UFC and another for Pride both CAF only (instant or career its your choice). Simulation settings seems more realistic but I dont think the majority of the UFC3 community will be using it so we'll use normal settings so we dont turn away the majority.

The only thing I'm looking for now is the name of each league. I've read a few suggestions from 2 people already so the rest of you guys please chime in on that. Thanks

70Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/12/2012, 9:03 pm

Acoustic

Acoustic
No simulation? I am gonna have to pass then. Only reason I am buying UFC 3.

71Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/12/2012, 9:23 pm

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
Acoustic wrote:No simulation? I am gonna have to pass then. Only reason I am buying UFC 3.
Wow well thanks anyway for your imputs. I will say this, nothing is set in stone. The staff always goes with what the majority of the community wants since you are the guys who are fighting. We will just be starting with normal settings. If it turns out that more people want simulation settings then we will gladly switch. Also, once the game is out we eventually tune the current rules and add new ones once things are found like exploits.

72Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/12/2012, 10:38 pm

Acoustic

Acoustic
I know it is certainly a bold statement but I am a very hardcore MMA fan and can't even stand to play the old UFC Undisputed games due to the lack of realism. SIM mode is what brings this game any sort of realism so I will be sticking to that. I still hope you guys continue to run the league with plenty of fighters but I am gonna have to skip out, good luck!

73Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/13/2012, 1:46 am

GoldenBoyGageX

GoldenBoyGageX
def needs to be sim mode!

74Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/13/2012, 4:04 am

edit

75Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/13/2012, 9:11 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

I dunno really. I think once the game comes out we mess around with it and see what we like

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum