You are not connected.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/31/2012, 6:17 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

ele25 wrote:
Tha Gageanator wrote:come the hell on no sfl? wtf are you guys crazy??? alot of people like stock fighters more than cafs in ufc and for the people who bitch and complain about having a bad fighter stfu and get better and you wont have to complain about losing because of your fighters stats.... i know i sound like a dick no need to say it but its true and stat leveler is dumb...

If the OMMA goes and changes it identity I would be heart broken. Even though I dont compete any more. This place has always been a CAF league and I think it should remain a CAF league. It creates a whole new way of fun. Cause eventually you will run out of stock fighters. YOu never run out of CAF fighters.
Exactly. We're leaders not followers homie. Very Happy Offering something different is what sets us apart from other leagues.

102Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/31/2012, 6:21 pm

Geek

Geek

Wilson Fisk wrote:
Tha Gageanator wrote:ok this is mainly a caf league i know but in the ufc games people love to play with stock fighteers we know that the caf league will be the main league but you can still run a sfl like it shouldnt be this big of a deal a ton of people like stock over caf in ufc...

and heart broken? C'MON SON lol
Calm down fella. lol We're still working things out for this game. A stock fighter league is definately considered. Like all things here if alot of people request it WILL happen. As of now I just want to get the base leagues ironed out 1st.

OK so far we have Ultimate Combat for UFC rules and Bushido for Pride rules with both leagues using simulation settings. Now my question is how many fighters per league should we allow. For EAMMA we allowed 3 per league. Regardless, I'd like to give each fighter the ability to fight in 3 weightclasses. For example, a light heavyweight can also fight in heavyweight and middleweight (one fight per event) so 1 fighter per league may be perfect especially if we get alot of new signups. Let me know guys.

If we get a bunch of signups, I say we allow 1 fighter per league. It allows you to hone in on that guy and make him better. If we don't see a lot of new signups, i think we should go two for UC and 1 for Bushido. We prety much can assume Bushido will be the popular league. If we allow to fight in adjacent weight classes ie. BW to FW and FW to LW, i think that takes the same space as having two fighters. So i agree with that.

Alot of new signees = 1 fighter per league

103Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/31/2012, 7:42 pm

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
Charles Scott wrote:If we get a bunch of signups, I say we allow 1 fighter per league. It allows you to hone in on that guy and make him better. If we don't see a lot of new signups, i think we should go two for UC and 1 for Bushido. We prety much can assume Bushido will be the popular league. If we allow to fight in adjacent weight classes ie. BW to FW and FW to LW, i think that takes the same space as having two fighters. So i agree with that.

Good points. Another question is stat caps or overal rating cap (ex. 90 is the max)?

104Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/31/2012, 8:13 pm

Geek

Geek

Wilson Fisk wrote:
Charles Scott wrote:If we get a bunch of signups, I say we allow 1 fighter per league. It allows you to hone in on that guy and make him better. If we don't see a lot of new signups, i think we should go two for UC and 1 for Bushido. We prety much can assume Bushido will be the popular league. If we allow to fight in adjacent weight classes ie. BW to FW and FW to LW, i think that takes the same space as having two fighters. So i agree with that.

Good points. Another question is stat caps or overal rating cap (ex. 90 is the max)?

I don't know, this is a hard one. Stat caps could stop overpowered moves/spam fests to a degree, but overall caps would allow more diversity and range with fighters. I'd like to know others opinions before i go further, thats a good question Very Happy

105Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 1/31/2012, 9:30 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

Capping the overall would be easier to keep track of and allow more flexibilty for those who like to edit their fighters in between fights.

106Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 2/1/2012, 4:21 am

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

just my thoughts

1- Caf only- allowing both career and instant fighters since I plan on using instant fighters until I train my guys through career mode. If there is a massive advantage to Career cafs then make Pride the Career Caf league and UFC the insta CAF league.

2-Allow career CAFs that are UFC fighters- You can take a UFC fighter through career and as far as I know give them whatever stats or moves you want, thus making them a CAF. This would allow people to use Anderson Silva or Tito Ortiz but still remain balanced with the other CAFs. I'm basing this on this Video here
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/career-mode-ufc-undisputed/726135

3- CAF limits on stats and overall- I would have to wait to get my hands on the game to really make up my mind on this. I suggest allow everything for stats and moves until certain obvious in-balances pop up.

4- We should use Simulation mode. I believe the ranked online play for the game will only be default and there's ALOT of people that want some kind of competitive play with simulation stats. Especially according to this post here
http://www.ufcundisputed.com/go/thread/view/136085/28866841/Petition_Simulation_Mode_in_Ranked_Matches

I don't believe the game will have a Multiplayer Fight card like EA MMA does. On the official website and on the Xbox site it claims it's only (1-2 players multiplayer). If this is the case then we couldn't stream the fights anyways. There is hope however.

UFC 3 supposedly has content sharing and it saves replays of your last 50 rounds in any mode. I'm hoping that we can download eachother's replays so we can see the fight. If not, I'm hoping we can just make the whole fight a highlight reel (maybe make them in parts like Tito vs Anderson rnd1, rnd2, ect..). I'm basing my information about content sharing and replays on this video

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/highlight-reel-ufc-undisputed/726137

If we can set up a method of downloading eachother's replays I could edit the replays together using the event mode in the game to make it look like a PPV card and then upload it somewhere so people who don't own the game can see the fights. I'm really hoping we can download eachother's fighters and replay data, cause that's all I would need to set it up (wouldn't hurt if people made their own highlight reels too in the league that I can stick in before their fights).

*Edit*
Wilson Fisk wrote:OK so far we have Ultimate Combat for UFC rules and Bushido for Pride rules with both leagues using simulation settings. Now my question is how many fighters per league should we allow. For EAMMA we allowed 3 per league. Regardless, I'd like to give each fighter the ability to fight in 3 weightclasses. For example, a light heavyweight can also fight in heavyweight and middleweight (one fight per event) so 1 fighter per league may be perfect especially if we get alot of new signups. Let me know guys.

I do want people to be able to have more then 1 fighter and their wins/losses based on their fighter, not their gamertag. The reason for this is it allows someone like me to take a chance and make a fighter outside of their comfort zone for instance I consider myself more of a stand up fighter in EA MMA but when I played grappler classes, I would try to take the fight to the ground. If the wins/losses are based on the player then all my fighters will have the same move set/stats since I wouldn't want to risk a loss. The current system we have now allows for people like me to experiment and others to make 3 clone fighters in different weightclasses so it appeases everyone.

Obviously if we have too many sign ups and fighters for the staff to handle then we could limit fighters to fight just in their weightclass or allow a person to use 3 cafs or 1 caf in 3 weightclasses. Ideally though I would like 3 Cafs with the ability the move them between 3 weightclasses so I'm guaranteed more fights and considering fights in UFC 3 will be shorter then EA MMA, I'm looking to get as much game time as possible. When I joined the league there was a cap of 9 CAFs per player, now with FF gone and Strikers probably fading out that means we lost 6 potential cafs. With UFC and pride we gain back those 6 cafs. I also like having 3 cafs cause it allows for me to potentially have 3 fights in one event/week as well.

Gage wrote: stat leveler is dumb...

I'm also completely against the stat leveler, since it negates having more then one caf. If my CAF has the same amount of points as the CAF I'm fighting, then I'm always going to fight the exact same way all the time. There would be no distinctions between my cafs aside from their move list, making it pointless, The only reason to make more then 1 caf with the stat leveler is to fight in other weight classes. A good deal of the fun I had with EA MMA was creating guys with strengths and weaknesses and using those assets against who ever I fought meaning that I went into every fight with a different mindset depending on who I was using and who I was fighting.

Charles Scott wrote:
I think too we should start gauging interest for weight classes so we don't have dead weight. So guys what are some of the weight classes you're interested in participating in?

HW
LHW (1)
MW (3)
WW (2)
LW (1)
FW (2)
BW (2)

Since career cafs can fight in 3 different weight classes I might spread it out like a LHW (that cuts to MW and can do HW), A WW (that can do MW and LW) and a FW(that can do BW and LW). That should give me the most flexible CAFs to suit the needs of the league.

http://geekintomma.blogspot.com/

107Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 2/1/2012, 4:07 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

I don't care for "ultimate combat" as the name...

I was thinking we could incorporate UFC in the title, but I mean

I guess it's not really that big a deal. I thought we were doing Undisputed Fighting Championship

also if we're doing career sfs I have dibs on Silva. I mean, seriously. I already got jipped on my Aldo CAF when we were doing FW for EA

108Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 2/1/2012, 5:52 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

ultranova5000 wrote:Allow career CAFs that are UFC fighters- You can take a UFC fighter through career and as far as I know give them whatever stats or moves you want, thus making them a CAF. This would allow people to use Anderson Silva or Tito Ortiz but still remain balanced with the other CAFs. I'm basing this on this Video here
Oh snap! Shocked I totally forgot about this. No need for a stock fighter league then as we can blend them using career. Good points all the way around Ultra and glad to see you back.
Rainboi21 wrote:I don't care for "ultimate combat" as the name...

I guess it's not really that big a deal. I thought we were doing Undisputed Fighting Championship

also if we're doing career sfs I have dibs on Silva. I mean, seriously. I already got jipped on my Aldo CAF when we were doing FW for EA
Too late buddy. Razz

109Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 2/1/2012, 9:32 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

K!LLA B33 wrote:
ultranova5000 wrote:Allow career CAFs that are UFC fighters- You can take a UFC fighter through career and as far as I know give them whatever stats or moves you want, thus making them a CAF. This would allow people to use Anderson Silva or Tito Ortiz but still remain balanced with the other CAFs. I'm basing this on this Video here
Oh snap! Shocked I totally forgot about this. No need for a stock fighter league then as we can blend them using career. Good points all the way around Ultra and glad to see you back.
Rainboi21 wrote:I don't care for "ultimate combat" as the name...

Too late buddy. Razz

I don't think so Mr. already has Jon Jones, Anderson Silva and Melvin Guillard CAFs.

Don't have a monopoly on the fighters mayneee

Anderson Silva has been my avatar from day uno.

110Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 2/1/2012, 9:59 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

Rainboi21 wrote:I don't think so Mr. already has Jon Jones, Anderson Silva and Melvin Guillard CAFs.

Don't have a monopoly on the fighters mayneee

Anderson Silva has been my avatar from day uno.
and Anderson Silva has been my CAF before you were even registered here. I made plans to retire him from EA MMA and move him over to UFC3 a while ago. Theres over 150 fighters. I only want Silva. Far from a monopoly.

111Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 2/2/2012, 7:39 am

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

sounds like killa and rainboi might have to do a silva vs silva off when the game comes out, perhaps a best of 5?

Or one of you can be UFC Anderson and other can be the evil Anderson Silva from the mirror-verse (pride Silva with goatee).

glad to see you back

Thanks, I always tried to check out the site and keep up with the fight cards even though I stopped competing, never really gone just not actively involved.
http://geekintomma.blogspot.com/

112Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 2/2/2012, 4:25 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

ultranova5000 wrote:sounds like killa and rainboi might have to do a silva vs silva off when the game comes out, perhaps a best of 5?

Or one of you can be UFC Anderson and other can be the evil Anderson Silva from the mirror-verse (pride Silva with goatee).

glad to see you back

Thanks, I always tried to check out the site and keep up with the fight cards even though I stopped competing, never really gone just not actively involved.

I want him.
I mean, Silva is always talking about wanting to fight his clone, right?

Besides, Bee deserves Silva- there's no questioning what he has done for this community, but I have never gotten to say "hey, here's a real life fighter I really really like that I can make a CAF of that isn't already in use and that I can use" despite contributing to the community in various ways.

Top 10 favorite fighters:

10. 'Sexyama' Yoshihiro Akiyama - Marco Cloud was my WW
9. Melvin Guillard - Killabee
8. Jose Aldo - Don't have FW (and LW Aldo was taken)
7. Mighty Mouse Johnson - Don't have BW
6. Dong Hyun Kim - Marco Cloud was my WW
5. Frankie Edgar - Tbh, don't know why I didn't make an Edgar CAF
4. Kenny Florian - we don't have FW
3. Forrest Griffin - don't fight at LHW (except SC)
2. Georges St Pierre - Marco Cloud was my WW
1. Anderson Silva - Killabee

113Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 2/3/2012, 7:10 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

Rainboi21 wrote:

I want him.
I mean, Silva is always talking about wanting to fight his clone, right?

Besides, Bee deserves Silva- there's no questioning what he has done for this community, but I have never gotten to say "hey, here's a real life fighter I really really like that I can make a CAF of that isn't already in use and that I can use" despite contributing to the community in various ways.

Top 10 favorite fighters:

10. 'Sexyama' Yoshihiro Akiyama - Marco Cloud was my WW
9. Melvin Guillard - Killabee
8. Jose Aldo - Don't have FW (and LW Aldo was taken)
7. Mighty Mouse Johnson - Don't have BW
6. Dong Hyun Kim - Marco Cloud was my WW
5. Frankie Edgar - Tbh, don't know why I didn't make an Edgar CAF
4. Kenny Florian - we don't have FW
3. Forrest Griffin - don't fight at LHW (except SC)
2. Georges St Pierre - Marco Cloud was my WW
1. Anderson Silva - Killabee
I only want A. Silva. Razz I'll retire Melvin from EAMMA if you want him and I dont think Aldo is being used anymore so you may be able to get him (talk with the Gageanator). Everyone else on your list you can still get tho.

114Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 5 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 2/3/2012, 8:09 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

That's why if we do Career Stock Fighters I want PRIDE Silva and you can have UFC Silva.

After the Okami fight, he said something he's said on a few occasions before. They asked him, "Who's next?" and he replied "My clone!"

I'll be 'his clone'

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum