You are not connected.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
For now I'll start with 95 icne the highest roster fighter is 95.  This can and will be changed if the community wants so I'm leaving this open for discussion.

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

I think 95 is much too high Wilson.

Also, if you press 'Y' you should be able to see the stats for both fighters...

Last, I think the limit should be /2/ roster fighters DEPENDING on the roster fighter you already have. For instance, Bee has Silva. He cannot have anyone else. But if he were to have... say a lower tier fighter such as... Daddy Stevenson. He can then have another lower tier fighter like, say, Murillo Rua.

Here was my reasoning for a lower stat cap of (85) which was raised to (87) and then finally (90):
I don't want it that high but it's what everyone else wanted. I was going to make it slightly lower. A slight drop would allow for bigger stand-out strengths and weaker weaknesses (well, your fighters are more defined with a slight overall drop.). I don't want everyone to be invincible at every aspect of the game and the higher you allow your overall to be, the less beatable they are.

Jon Jones on ultimate is near impossible to beat and he's a 95 overall. The guys here are much better than the ultimate AI, so I really think 95 is too high.

ele25

ele25

Rainboi21 wrote:I think 95 is much too high Wilson.

Last, I think the limit should be /2/ roster fighters DEPENDING on the roster fighter you already have. For instance, Bee has Silva. He cannot have anyone else. But if he were to have... say a lower tier fighter such as... Daddy Stevenson. He can then have another lower tier fighter like, say, Murillo Rua.

Here was my reasoning for a lower stat cap of (85) which was raised to (87) and then finally (90):
I don't want it that high but it's what everyone else wanted. I was going to make it slightly lower. A slight drop would allow for bigger stand-out strengths and weaker weaknesses (well, your fighters are more defined with a slight overall drop.). I don't want everyone to be invincible at every aspect of the game and the higher you allow your overall to be, the less beatable they are.

Jon Jones on ultimate is near impossible to beat and he's a 95 overall. The guys here are much better than the ultimate AI, so I really think 95 is too high.

Agreed.

I mean everyone wants to be perfect but I think being perfect is lame.

gregstuna

gregstuna
ele25 wrote:

Agreed.

I mean everyone wants to be perfect but I think being perfect is lame.

+1 i agree 85 or 87 should be the cap shows more difference in fighters

ele25

ele25

Hopefully we can come to agreement before I finish ma career.

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

Funny I actually wanted it at 96 since I can't seem to go past this (can't afford the last upgrade to go past 90 in regular stats). 96 is the highest you can play at in player matches if you use the player filter(it's like 78-96) which is another reason I stopped there.

I've gone through career 5 times. The first 2 times turned into glitch fighters and one had a banned move, so I deleted them. Out of all those times only twice was I able to make a guy under 96, on my 1st guy learning how to play (being 90) and my 3rd guy (gave him a ton of moves). I believe the max stat anyone can get legitimately (if they don't take any moves and win every ultimate fight and ace every minigame) is 110.

The thing about overalls is they don't take into account lvl3 moves and transitions. A lvl3 move is significantly more powerful then a normal move or lvl1 move (tested it out in practice), with some moves even doing almost 2x the damage. Maybe on paper the guy's bottom grapple offense is only 78 but with a lvl3 transition it's almost equal to a 83. So overalls can be deceiving for instance my 91 caf is still better then my 2 96cafs (beats them in AI matches all the time due to his lvl3 moves). My 91 caf also beats Jon Jones even though he's at 95 as well. As for >90s guys having no weakness, that isn't entirely true, yes maybe relative to the normal roster but not to other cafs or champions in the roster. I made 3 different types of CAFs (A boxer, a wrestler, and a kickboxer), they feel different due to the moves and stats and they have weaknesses against each other. Heck Dominator's guy is at 88 and he schools my guys (he's better then me too so that helps). I am going to start on my LHW and my HW and will try to keep them around 90 like my 91 CAF but I do hope we bump it up to 96 so I can use the other 2 guys I have (if not I'll take them through career again but that won't be for weeks cause I'm taking a break from career when I'm done with my 5 guys for OMMA).

These are just my 2 cents since I'm pretty sure I'm the only one right now that has finished career multiple times. I'll write a post this weekend on CAF building and some of the tricks I've learned to help people ACE the annoying training games.
http://geekintomma.blogspot.com/

Jones has over 50 lvl 3 moves 95 cafs have 15 20 maybe 1 lvl 3 and no special default strikes. If the career is done right then fights will be even stats/moves wise 87-95 ovr.

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

so the current vote, then, is 3y-2n for a lower (yet unspecified) cap.

I believe ultimately the decision lies with Wilson and Myself, but - as a fighter - I vote Yes for a lower cap. As the president, I will do whatever the votes tally, and hopefully we can all get on with our happy lives then.

Geek

Geek

Eh, I think all points are good.

Tommy Said it best, Jones had an incredible amount of Level 3 moves. I've done too much studying on the career, and you really get three options out of it.

1) Lots of moves leveled up = lower overall
2) median between moves and stats, gives you a middle of the road overall
3) High stats = lower # of moves.

I think Wilson did it for a reason, but both sides can be argued. With so many fighters here, how many guys you think going to directly hit that mark? You gonna have some hit 85-87 dead on, some surpass it and have to start over, and some that will fall short with fear they'll go over. So that 85-87 will turn into 83(84)-85(86)

I really am stuck in the middle, I'll wait to make my CAF until we decide this one, but it seems the majority want a lower overall. I think 87-90 is good if thats the case. You'll have 85-88 overalls.

Wilson probably made the decision based off the ability to compete with roster fighters. Jon Jones is the highest, hence 95.

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
My apologies. I dont have the game so I dont know whats too high. I just didnt want to force people who have a 91 or 92 to redo their career. I figured 95 was high enough because not only is it the overall of best fighter in the game (Jones) but not very many people have an overall above 95. From my understanding it goes like how Charles stated.

2) Median between moves and stats, gives you a middle of the road overall
3) High stats = lower # of moves

I'd like people to have a choice in how they want to make their fighter. Less moves and well rounded stats or low stats and alot of moves. Ultimately its up to you guys as you are the ones who will be competing. I just think if we set a low cap now it would force alot of people to have to redo career which could cause them to say never mind about joining and we dont need that if we're trying to get this going. As always the ruling will change if enough people want it changed. As of now my main concern is glitch CAFS. Let me know though guys.

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Wilson90 wrote:My apologies. I dont have the game so I dont know whats too high. I just didnt want to force people who have a 91 or 92 to redo their career. I figured 95 was high enough because not only is it the overall of best fighter in the game (Jones) but not very many people have an overall above 95. From my understanding it goes like how Charles stated.

I'd like people to have a choice in how they want to make their fighter. Less moves and well rounded stats or low stats and alot of moves. Ultimately its up to you guys as you are the ones who will be competing. I just think if we set a low cap now it would force alot of people to have to redo career which could cause them to say never mind about joining and we dont need that if we're trying to get this going. As always the ruling will change if enough people want it changed. As of now my main concern is glitch CAFS. Let me know though guys.

I'm gonna say an 88 cap. Try to keep it at 89. If you hit 89, that's okay. Just don't hit 90. Cool? cool.

that's my final vote.

Geek

Geek

Rainboi21 wrote:
Wilson90 wrote:My apologies. I dont have the game so I dont know whats too high. I just didnt want to force people who have a 91 or 92 to redo their career. I figured 95 was high enough because not only is it the overall of best fighter in the game (Jones) but not very many people have an overall above 95. From my understanding it goes like how Charles stated.

I'm gonna say an 88 cap. Try to keep it at 89. If you hit 89, that's okay. Just don't hit 90. Cool? cool.

that's my final vote.

I actually like your idea of giving a lead way Rainboi. If we set it at 88, thats the cap but 89 is the absolutely MAX HARD CAP. no exceptions. I say if we set it anywhere under 90, its a one spot hardcap ie. 85(86) But if its 90 or above its no negotiation, that set cap is what it is. Guys put your input on here, lets get this straightened out so we can get to rolling Smile

ele25

ele25

What the boss says goes.

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

I was cool with 90 but 95 is perfect since my latest Anderson came out a 94. Razz I'm like Charles, kinda in the middle. I like the high cap bcuz I can make my fighter well rounded in stats but I also like the low cap bcuz it means we'll see alot more moves in the fights. I dont have a problem with 95. At least its not 100 like the UOC.

I dont agree with the leeway idea. You can easily avoid going over and if you're allowed to go to 89 then whats the purpose of saying the cap is 88? scratch

I'm sorry but theirs no way the cap should be lower than 90. If its 85 then more than half the cafs about to or that are registered will have to be remade. It is impossible to make a caf(i've ran through career 7 times)as good as a 89-91 ovr stock fighter. Moves and stats highly impact the fight. If you have a 100 ovr caf and i have a 92 i'm gonna win most the time. I played ultranova today i had Brad pickett(88 ovr) he had his 96 ovr caf and i won every time i think if not he won once. What i'm saying is it's best at 95 because then everyone will be at a disadvantage. You can say oh well people have their own styles with 85-87 but everyone will have that by their 25th fight at the most and idk how many of you guys have done career a few times, but the way the decreases work the stats end up well rounded and almost the same if you make a good caf. Their is no way a 88(lot of moves lvl 2s and 3s) good made career caf can't compete with a good 95(medium amount of moves a fews 2s or a couple 3s) caf imo. At the end of the day its up to you guys but if you want proof i'll show you a guide on how to make a 100 overall caf and fight me with it and i guarntee i'll win every single time with a 90 overall caf.

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

K!LLA B33 wrote:
I dont agree with the leeway idea. You can easily avoid going over and if you're allowed to go to 89 then whats the purpose of saying the cap is 88? scratch

Agreed. If there is a leeway then people will just assume the leeway is the cap. 1 training game doesn't make your overall jump up by 2 or 3 points when you're in the 80s or 90s overall.

The range that I've seen with people in my friend's list has been around 88-98. Now that's just within the first 2 weeks of the game coming out, I'm assuming months from now people will know the ins and outs of career mode to make 90 something CAFs with a decent move set. So I would say any cap below 90 is far too low in comparison to what I've seen from players.

What really bothers me are lvl3 transitions/sweeps/throws/subs which a lower overall CAF would have that a higher overall CAF probably wouldn't have but it should be my choice on whether I want stats or lvl3 moves. A lvl3 transition with decent stats backing it up is almost unblockable, all you have to do is a minor that will get blocked but it's almost 90% that your lvl3 transition will go past the block after your opponent blocks the minor. A lower overall CAF can stock up on these and if it's just lower overall cafs vs lower overall cafs then it's going to be sweeps a plenty on the ground. You can say that everyone has more strengths and weakness with a lower cap but I see everyone being exactly the same, IE all lvl3strikes standing (everyone has multiple headkicks), all lvl3 sweeps from multiple positions, ect. I have nothing against people using lower overall to get the lvl3 transitions but we shouldn't all be forced to play that way.

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

Tweedy wrote: I played ultranova today i had Brad pickett(88 ovr) he had his 96 ovr caf and i won every time i think if not he won once. .........
Their is no way a 88(lot of moves lvl 2s and 3s) good made career caf can't compete with a good 95(medium amount of moves a fews 2s or a couple 3s) caf imo.

Indeed,

And those 2 guys I used at 96 had different build strategies.  1 has a lot of lvl1 moves so his stats can make up for his overall game.  The other has a couple of specialized lvl3 moves in the standup so I tend not to go to the ground with him but he has devastating striking.  Each guy fought differently and required a different play style to use effectively and did have weaknesses/strengths.

ele25

ele25

i just wish there will be a beginner league. Like the fight force days lol. I havent touched an xbox controller in over a year. haha. And I suck big at this game.

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

You just gotta keep at it, practice makes perfect. I was putting in a lot of hours in the demo on ultimate to get ready for career.

It's also been confirmed that Ultimate difficulty not just gives you more CRED but actually boost your stats faster

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/go/thread/view/136085/28943131/UFC_Undisputed_3_FAQ

Q: Why is it that my Career Fighter has much lower stats then my friends’ Career Fighter?
A: Stats that are given to Career fighters are based on the difficulty level of the Career. A fighter on a Beginner Career will receive less stats boost then a fighter on Expert.

So a guy playing on Ultimate is going to hit the CAP much faster then a guy playing on a lower difficulty and as such will have more actions left to pick moves. So even if the CAP is 85-90, people playing on Ultimate will hit that cap in about 18 fights and will then use their remaining 30 fights to get moves. Here's my calculation of that

1 fight = 2 actions
30 fights = 60 actions

60 actions = 20 lvl3 moves = 30 lvl2 moves = 60 lvl1 moves

So if people want to get the most out of their CAFs they need to do Career on ultimate or expert at the very least.

ele25

ele25

ultranova5000 wrote:You just gotta keep at it, practice makes perfect. I was putting in a lot of hours in the demo on ultimate to get ready for career.

It's also been confirmed that Ultimate difficulty not just gives you more CRED but actually boost your stats faster

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/go/thread/view/136085/28943131/UFC_Undisputed_3_FAQ

Q: Why is it that my Career Fighter has much lower stats then my friends’ Career Fighter?
A: Stats that are given to Career fighters are based on the difficulty level of the Career. A fighter on a Beginner Career will receive less stats boost then a fighter on Expert.

So a guy playing on Ultimate is going to hit the CAP much faster then a guy playing on a lower difficulty and as such will have more actions left to pick moves. So even if the CAP is 85-90, people playing on Ultimate will hit that cap in about 18 fights and will then use their remaining 30 fights to get moves. Here's my calculation of that

1 fight = 2 actions
30 fights = 60 actions

So if people want to get the most out of their CAFs they need to do Career on ultimate or expert at the very least.

What should the stat cap be (UFC3)? Implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393

so now sucking at this game is now putting you at a disadvantage from the start.

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

ele25 wrote:

so now sucking at this game is now putting you at a disadvantage from the start.

In a sense yeah.

Don't worry though, if you don't want to fight anyone with an overall that's higher then yours just put in the signups

who'd you like to fight? Anyone with a 80-86 overall CAF

I hate career but you have to think of it like a training camp for your fighter, you go through training, pick the workouts and in about 12 hours he's done and you never have to train him again (unlike real fighters who have to constantly hit the gym).

i just wish there will be a beginner league. Like the fight force days lol.

We could incorporate a undercard league portion to Ultimate Combat. Basically people in the undercard would fight in non-ppv arenas(no gyms fights pls) and the best players would be barred from competing in it. We could then use the undercard league to farm the champions off to either UC PPV or Pride of War. Similar to Fight Force, when someone starts dominating in the undercard league, they will simply be asked to leave and move up to UC or Pride of war. Undercard fighters would still count as UC fighters so his 3 UC fighters would fight on it and the player still has the option of using 2 guys in pride of war if he wants a taste of the higher level guys. You ran Fight Force rather well and I would suggest you be president of the undercard fights/matchmaking/rankings if you want to.

If that doesn't happen then just put in the signups

who'd you like to fight? Anyone ranked 1 above me and anyone ranked 2 below me

That way you can climb the ladder slowly rather then get thrown at guys 5 ranks above you.

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Tommy Tweedy wrote:I'm sorry but theirs no way the cap should be lower than 90. If its 85 then more than half the cafs about to or that are registered will have to be remade. It is impossible to make a caf(i've ran through career 7 times)as good as a 89-91 ovr stock fighter. Moves and stats highly impact the fight. If you have a 100 ovr caf and i have a 92 i'm gonna win most the time. I played ultranova today i had Brad pickett(88 ovr) he had his 96 ovr caf and i won every time i think if not he won once. What i'm saying is it's best at 95 because then everyone will be at a disadvantage. You can say oh well people have their own styles with 85-87 but everyone will have that by their 25th fight at the most and idk how many of you guys have done career a few times, but the way the decreases work the stats end up well rounded and almost the same if you make a good caf. Their is no way a 88(lot of moves lvl 2s and 3s) good made career caf can't compete with a good 95(medium amount of moves a fews 2s or a couple 3s) caf imo. At the end of the day its up to you guys but if you want proof i'll show you a guide on how to make a 100 overall caf and fight me with it and i guarntee i'll win every single time with a 90 overall caf.

Your grammar is terrible. Your main driving point is that you beat another player with a lower overall fighter. Good for you. Maybe you're just better than the other person. However, calling me out was just stupid. It serves no purpose. It proves nothing to me about how high the cap should be set.

The vote is currently 4-3 for a lower cap.

There absolutely is a way to make an 87-88-89.

ALSO if you did beat a 96 career caf with an 88 or whatever you're just further proving my point that the cap should be lower. If you can win with an 88 convincingly, I'm sure as hell not gonna let you fight with a 95. Get out of here with that logic.

As president, I'm trying to acknowledge all opinions on the subject but I'm very nearly set on an 90 as the highest possible. How much under 90 we go is up to you guys. And it's not my fault you guys played through career before we established a cap. That was foolish and was nobody's fault but your own.

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

ultranova5000 wrote:What really bothers me are lvl3 transitions/sweeps/throws/subs which a lower overall CAF would have that a higher overall CAF probably wouldn't have but it should be my choice on whether I want stats or lvl3 moves. A lvl3 transition with decent stats backing it up is almost unblockable, all you have to do is a minor that will get blocked but it's almost 90% that your lvl3 transition will go past the block after your opponent blocks the minor. A lower overall CAF can stock up on these and if it's just lower overall cafs vs lower overall cafs then it's going to be sweeps a plenty on the ground. You can say that everyone has more strengths and weakness with a lower cap but I see everyone being exactly the same, IE all lvl3strikes standing (everyone has multiple headkicks), all lvl3 sweeps from multiple positions, ect. I have nothing against people using lower overall to get the lvl3 transitions but we shouldn't all be forced to play that way.

When I built my CAF, all my sweeps takedowns throws and most of my subs and transitions are level three and he's a 92 that isn't even finished. Not to mention most of the ground spam is reversals that can be done at any skill level, which level three moves make harder to acomplish

Level three moves are not nearly unblockable. Sure, more difficult... but that's where skill comes into play.

ultranova5000 wrote:So a guy playing on Ultimate is going to hit the CAP much faster then a guy playing on a lower difficulty and as such will have more actions left to pick moves. So even if the CAP is 85-90, people playing on Ultimate will hit that cap in about 18 fights and will then use their remaining 30 fights to get moves. Here's my calculation of that

1 fight = 2 actions
30 fights = 60 actions

That's assuming they do the training mini-game perfectly, everytime. Considering it becomes harder each time to both do perfectly and to level up, this argument is void. Players will mess up a handful of times and will not be perfect every time.

Career has ALWAYS given more points (UFC 2009, 2010 and UFC 3) for the harder difficulties. It's not THAT big of a difference.

My grammar? Come on dude i could care less and you've been saying 85 since before the game even came out. Even one of your voters ele I think said he just got the game so he shouldn't know what a good cap is yet. I'm not going to agrue but if the cap is gonna be 95 i'll register a 95 and an 85-88 and i'll do the same with both. Its not even worth it to give any more examples because your minds already set on what your gonna do. I gave you all kinds of points and you insulted my grammer. That shows how much your taking into consideration. Your gonna say that because 4 guys that i'll bet haven't tested the cafs as much as me or nova that the cap should be lower than 90. I hope Wilson gets the game and looks into it because he's not opinion based.

Rainboi21 wrote:
Tommy Tweedy wrote:I'm sorry but theirs no way the cap should be lower than 90. If its 85 then more than half the cafs about to or that are registered will have to be remade. It is impossible to make a caf(i've ran through career 7 times)as good as a 89-91 ovr stock fighter. Moves and stats highly impact the fight. If you have a 100 ovr caf and i have a 92 i'm gonna win most the time. I played ultranova today i had Brad pickett(88 ovr) he had his 96 ovr caf and i won every time i think if not he won once. What i'm saying is it's best at 95 because then everyone will be at a disadvantage. You can say oh well people have their own styles with 85-87 but everyone will have that by their 25th fight at the most and idk how many of you guys have done career a few times, but the way the decreases work the stats end up well rounded and almost the same if you make a good caf. Their is no way a 88(lot of moves lvl 2s and 3s) good made career caf can't compete with a good 95(medium amount of moves a fews 2s or a couple 3s) caf imo. At the end of the day its up to you guys but if you want proof i'll show you a guide on how to make a 100 overall caf and fight me with it and i guarntee i'll win every single time with a 90 overall caf.

Your grammar is terrible. Your main driving point is that you beat another player with a lower overall fighter. Good for you. Maybe you're just better than the other person. However, calling me out was just stupid. It serves no purpose. It proves nothing to me about how high the cap should be set.

The vote is currently 4-3 for a lower cap.

There absolutely is a way to make an 87-88-89.

ALSO if you did beat a 96 career caf with an 88 or whatever you're just further proving my point that the cap should be lower. If you can win with an 88 convincingly, I'm sure as hell not gonna let you fight with a 95. Get out of here with that logic.

As president, I'm trying to acknowledge all opinions on the subject but I'm very nearly set on an 90 as the highest possible. How much under 90 we go is up to you guys. And it's not my fault you guys played through career before we established a cap. That was foolish and was nobody's fault but your own.
See your not even seeing my point i beat nova because my guys had way more moves and higher level moves. Everytime he got me in a bad position i did a sweep. Everytime i got him in a bad position he had to work his way back up because he didn't have any moves or if he did it was only from certain position(level 1s).

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum