You are not connected.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Rainboi21 wrote:Rosenthal did a lot of my career fights....

but I've only been through career once. and really. it doesn't take that long.

but if you want to train, send a friend request to Rainboi21 (my gt)
Once? Dang and you know what your talkin about.....

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Tommy Tweedy wrote:
Rainboi21 wrote:Rosenthal did a lot of my career fights....

but I've only been through career once. and really. it doesn't take that long.

but if you want to train, send a friend request to Rainboi21 (my gt)
Once? Dang and you know what your talkin about.....

My grammar? Come on dude i could care less and you've been saying 85 since before the game even came out. Even one of your voters ele I think said he just got the game so he shouldn't know what a good cap is yet. I'm not going to agrue but if the cap is gonna be 95 i'll register a 95 and an 85-88 and i'll do the same with both. Its not even worth it to give any more examples because your minds already set on what your gonna do. I gave you all kinds of points and you insulted my grammer. That shows how much your taking into consideration. Your gonna say that because 4 guys that i'll bet haven't tested the cafs as much as me or nova that the cap should be lower than 90. I hope Wilson gets the game and looks into it because he's not opinion based.

See your not even seeing my point i beat nova because my guys had way more moves and higher level moves. Everytime he got me in a bad position i did a sweep. Everytime i got him in a bad position he had to work his way back up because he didn't have any moves or if he did it was only from certain position(level 1s).

yeah. once. and guess what. you only need to do it once to know how long it takes.

You bet haven't tested the CAFs as much as you? There's a term for this. You have no proof or even real evidence, and yet you're going to fight for it until your last breath. Just because you THINK we haven't played as much you doesn't mean we haven't.

Also, the 85 cap comes from the ALPHA. come on now. don't be stupid. I know what I'm doing.

and no, I'm not set on what I'm going to do. It's a vote. Whatever wins the vote is what I'm going to do. If you don't like democracy then you don't belong here. The group currently wants a lower cap and if anyone changes their vote I'll change my actions accordingly. Don't you dare say I'm not fair. I'm doing everything to be fair. If I wasn't fair, the cap would already be set and there wouldn't be any discussing of it. I put it to a vote. What you want isn't winning. Since it's going to take you so long to beat career, why don't you go work on that instead of mindlessly arguing your point. Okay. We get it. You want a higher cap. You're one person, though.

Quit crying because right now you aren't getting what you want. It's a vote and anyone here can vote, that includes me. Until then you should probably just drop it because insulting me really isn't going to get you anywhere.

Okay? How does that apply? You can have a high overall with a lot of moves if you train correctly. I'm not missing your point. I get your point. You're missing my counter-point entirely.

And I'm done arguing with you Tweedy. When it's all said and done, you got a vote. Just stop. Seriously.

Hung Long

Hung Long
im jus gonna say your an idiot rainboi if you make the cap at 88. if your gonna make the cap at 88. you might as well as make this an insta caf league. honestly youve been thru career once. when most of us have been thru career 4 or more times. our exp thru career > your exp thru career

Hung Long wrote:im jus gonna say your an idiot rainboi if you make the cap at 88. if your gonna make the cap at 88. you might as well as make this an insta caf league. honestly youve been thru career once. when most of us have been thru career 4 or more times. our exp thru career > your exp thru career
Exactly and about you saying i'm crying because i'm not getting what i want. I just want the league to be intresting and not opinion based. You saying you ran through once and know what your talking about is opinion based and naive.

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Hung Long wrote:im jus gonna say your an idiot rainboi if you make the cap at 88. if your gonna make the cap at 88. you might as well as make this an insta caf league. honestly youve been thru career once. when most of us have been thru career 4 or more times. our exp thru career > your exp thru career

So? I know how long it takes. I know the mini-games in and out. I know how to train effectively and I know how to maximize overall and level three moves. It's actually not that hard. It's basic algebra... you just have to know what you're doing and do well in the mini-games.

I'm not making the cap at 88. I haven't set a cap at all. I'm saying I don't want the cap to be 95. I want a lower cap. Many people agree. Now, how much lower, that's up for discussion.

I don't know why you all are getting so upset over something that's being voted on. I'm not a dictator - I'm going to run this league to what the majority wants.

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Tommy Tweedy wrote:Exactly and about you saying i'm crying because i'm not getting what i want. I just want the league to be intresting and not opinion based. You saying you ran through once and know what your talking about is opinion based and naive.

Opinion based? So all the fighters have to be 95 overalls with no holes in their game, essentially just fighting Jon Jones against Jon Jones every time? And you call that interesting?

Or if you lower it to 80 something you get much more diverse statistics and attributes and that's a fact. More combinations of stats produce 80-whatever overalls than 95. More diversity = new matchups and new fights.
How is that not interesting?

How is that opinion based? if anything your argument is completely opinion based.

Rainboi21 wrote:
Tommy Tweedy wrote:Exactly and about you saying i'm crying because i'm not getting what i want. I just want the league to be intresting and not opinion based. You saying you ran through once and know what your talking about is opinion based and naive.

Opinion based? So all the fighters have to be 95 overalls with no holes in their game, essentially just fighting Jon Jones against Jon Jones every time? And you call that interesting?

Or if you lower it to 80 something you get much more diverse statistics and attributes and that's a fact. More combinations of stats produce 80-whatever overalls than 95. More diversity = new matchups and new fights.

How is that opinion based? if anything your argument is completely opinion based.
Jon jones has over 50 lvl 3 moves 95 ovr cafs have 30 moves and 5 or less lvl 3 moves.

Edit:The way stats are raised and lower on career stats will be almost the same with every 85-88 caf oh wait you only played career once so you wouldn't know that. Also they'll have all the same lvl 3 moves other than striking. "Oh man this guy has 78 ggt and 70 ggb the other guy has 78ggb and 70ggt with all sweeps from the bottom".

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Tommy Tweedy wrote:
Rainboi21 wrote:

Jon jones has over 50 lvl 3 moves 95 ovr cafs have 30 moves and 5 or less lvl 3 moves.

I have a 92 overall Career fighter with 10 level 3 moves.

I'm saying - solely talking about rating - not moves - it's like Jon Jones vs Jon Jones. You get a guy who is great at everything and bad at nothing. Where as with a lower cap you can have a guy who is a shining stand-out in one area and really weak in another. A great example is Jake Shields. Very great grappler, shitty stand-up.

You can have guys who are kinda good at everything but not great at anything. once your overall hits a certain point though it's like your fighter is perfect and that just isn't fun.

Hung Long

Hung Long
like i said your jon jones vs jon jones thing plus saying youve only gone thru career once makes you an idiot. cuz my 88 guy will have mostly lvl 3 moves compared to a 95 caf so you tryin to make the cap way lower is making it a jon jones vs jon jones fight

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Tommy Tweedy wrote:Edit:The way stats are raised and lower on career stats will be almost the same with every 85-88 caf oh wait you only played career once so you wouldn't know that

except I would? maybe the way YOU raise it, it produces one very similar set of stats, but that's not true at all. The way someone else trains is different from you.

I would know. Like I said before, you don't have to play through career multiple times to understand how to raise your stats effectively or diversely. They spell it out pretty nice and easy for you.

Rainboi21 wrote:
Tommy Tweedy wrote:
Rainboi21 wrote:

I'm saying - solely talking about rating - not moves - it's like Jon Jones vs Jon Jones. You get a guy who is great at everything and bad at nothing. Where as with a lower cap you can have a guy who is a shining stand-out in one area and really weak in another. A great example is Jake Shields. Very great grappler, shitty stand-up.

You can have guys who are kinda good at everything but not great at anything. once your overall hits a certain point though it's like your fighter is perfect and that just isn't fun.
Ratings mean nothing if you have no moves. Say you get a guy in the clinch the lower overall has a throw from every position but 2 the high overall has 2 both level 1s. They get on the ground the lower guy has many level 2 and 3 sweeps and special transitions and the high overall have few level 1s.

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Hung Long wrote:like i said your jon jones vs jon jones thing plus saying youve only gone thru career once makes you an idiot. cuz my 88 guy will have mostly lvl 3 moves compared to a 95 caf so you tryin to make the cap way lower is making it a jon jones vs jon jones fight

What's with this notion that just because the cap is 7 or 8 points lower that all the sudden that means you get 50 level 3 moves? It takes three-five actions to get a level 3 move depending on how good you are and it only takes 2-4 actions to get your overall up a couple points.

Rainboi21 wrote:
Tommy Tweedy wrote:
Rainboi21 wrote:

A 92 with that many moves that makes my point more valid. Imagine a 85 then they'll have insane level 3s from every position.

With power hand

Level 1 ducking hook 27 damage
Level 2 ducking hook 41 damage
Level 3 ducking hook 45 damage

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

all transitions and all sweeps are blockable. The amount of moves you have matters, sure. The level of the moves from 1-3 matters, sure.

But you can have all those level 3 moves and not have good stats to back them up. Then what? That's exactly what I'm trying to say.

These 88 fighters or whatever may have more high leveled moves, but they won't be able to have the stats to back them. Doesn't matter if you have all level 3's with a guy with 60 overall - he'll get ragdolled by any fighter over 80. That fighter may have all level one moves, but he'll still beat the 60 with all level 3s.

Stats DO matter. Moves are based on level, sure. but if you don't have the stats to back then they're not as powerful.

Rainboi21 wrote:
Hung Long wrote:like i said your jon jones vs jon jones thing plus saying youve only gone thru career once makes you an idiot. cuz my 88 guy will have mostly lvl 3 moves compared to a 95 caf so you tryin to make the cap way lower is making it a jon jones vs jon jones fight

What's with this notion that just because the cap is 7 or 8 points lower that all the sudden that means you get 50 level 3 moves? It takes three-five actions to get a level 3 move depending on how good you are and it only takes 2-4 actions to get your overall up a couple points.
These guys are trying to compete on this website nobody is gonna use a caf they took 5 trys getting a level 3 move. You might be different then most but most people in leagues will try to run a perfect career for their caf.

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Tommy Tweedy wrote:
Rainboi21 wrote:
Tommy Tweedy wrote:
Rainboi21 wrote:

A 92 with that many moves that makes my point more valid. Imagine a 85 then they'll have insane level 3s from every position.

With power hand

It makes my point more valid. Any high overall can have a shit ton of high moves and high overall stats to back up those level 3 moves.

Turn the standing striking down to about 60 and I bet you it doesn't do 47 damage.

I bet you it does significantly less.

Because stats are solid. Moves require stats, otherwise, they're not effective. even if the move is as effective as possible, it doesn't matter if you can't execute it.

I'm done talking to you. Just stop. We get it. You want a higher cap. I've told you my reasoning and you're just going to be stubborn and won't listen to me, so I'm not even going to try to reason with you.

Move on with your life.

Rainboi21 wrote:all transitions and all sweeps are blockable. The amount of moves you have matters, sure. The level of the moves from 1-3 matters, sure.

But you can have all those level 3 moves and not have good stats to back them up. Then what? That's exactly what I'm trying to say.

These 88 fighters or whatever may have more high leveled moves, but they won't be able to have the stats to back them. Doesn't matter if you have all level 3's with a guy with 60 overall - he'll get ragdolled by any fighter over 80. That fighter may have all level one moves, but he'll still beat the 60 with all level 3s.

Stats DO matter. Moves are based on level, sure. but if you don't have the stats to back then they're not as powerful.
60 vs 80 come on. A 95 with 85 sso vs a 88 with 75 sso the 95 had a level 3 punch and the 95 had a level 1 the 88s is stronger.

Rainboi21 wrote:
Tommy Tweedy wrote:
Rainboi21 wrote:
Tommy Tweedy wrote:
Rainboi21 wrote:

With power hand

It makes my point more valid. Any high overall can have a shit ton of high moves and high overall stats to back up those level 3 moves.

Turn the standing striking down to about 60 and I bet you it doesn't do 47 damage.

Because stats are solid. Moves require stats, otherwise, they're not effective. even if the move is as effective as possible, it doesn't matter if you can't execute it.
No one will have 60..............75 at the least

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Tommy Tweedy wrote:
Rainboi21 wrote:
Tommy Tweedy wrote:
Rainboi21 wrote:
Tommy Tweedy wrote:
Rainboi21 wrote:

With power hand

No one will have 60..............75 at the least

It's an example. The average 85 will have some 60s. Since you won't listen, I gave you an example you could comprehend because it's very very easy to see. You're obviously very hardheaded and stubborn, so I defer you back to my previous comment.

Drop it. Stop. Move on.

I had a counterpoint to everything and you just gave more senseless points. Hendo's goin to POW you can have your way i'm done here.

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Tommy Tweedy wrote:I had a counterpoint to everything and you just gave more senseless points. Hendo's goin to POW you can have your way i'm done here.

The difference between you and I is that I acknowledged your counter-points as valid.

My points were just as valid but you're so damn set on getting your own way, you're incapable of compromise or viewing somebody else's idea for 10 seconds and admitting it's a good one because it's different than your own. You have to win.

And you know what? That's what the vote is for. But you're not going to convince ME by arguing with ME especially by calling me an idiot.

I don't care what you do. If you're really going to quit over a cap, then the league is better off without you.

Rainboi21 wrote:
Tommy Tweedy wrote:I had a counterpoint to everything and you just gave more senseless points. Hendo's goin to POW you can have your way i'm done here.

The difference between you and I is that I acknowledged your counter-points as valid.

My points were just as valid but you're so damn set on getting your own way, you're incapable of compromise or viewing somebody else's idea for 10 seconds and admitting it's a good one because it's different than your own. You have to win.

And you know what? That's what the vote is for. But you're not going to convince ME by arguing with ME especially by calling me an idiot.

I don't care what you do. If you're really going to quit over a cap, then the league is better off without you.
I didn't call you an idiot once just to clarify.

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
OK guys. There is no need to argue or insult each other so lets calm down a bit. The purpose of this thread was really to update you guys on how to legalize your CAFs. I didnt mean to start a debate over the cap so I going to close this thread. We really need to come to a happy medium on the cap though so please continue this discussion here.

http://www.onlinemma.org/t4077-stat-cap

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum