You are not connected.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/2/2011, 8:26 pm

Geek

Geek

Rainboi21 wrote:Undisputed Fighting Championship

I fully and completely support a The Ultimate Fighter type things. With the online training camps, we can wait a while until a serious fight opens up and BAM! put the two fighters as the head coaches on the online training camps. All leading up to a card headlined by the coaches and co-mained by the TUF Finale.

I highlighted two points i really liked. 1) Undisputed Fighting Championship allows us to still use the moniker UFC without having to change things. All of the venues etc will have the abbreviations UFC in the game (Barring the shock us and actually have WEC) in it. So that saves us trouble with having to not have a name that has nothing to do with the abbreviations UFC. Also, when WF creates belts, he can just use a template of UFC and we'll be able to actually show them when fighting 5 round fights!

Also, barring the interest etc. I'm really feeling TUF and your idea there rainboi. Would be awesome if we could pull it off.

27Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/3/2011, 2:28 pm

Cesar Cyborg

Cesar Cyborg

TUF- I did something way back in UOC like in 09 and fell apart because they didnt let me run it and i would love to be a president of it and mabye get it big.

My Idea: 1 league per game so we can have the most competition if guys arent at the skill set thewy will fight guys with lower rankings.
UFC3- UFC
EAMMA- Bushido
and k-1 for both.

28Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/3/2011, 4:28 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Like I said, I can be the Dana White of UFC and Cesar can run the TUF (Which would be directly absorbed into the UFC)

and then we'd have Pride, while EAMMA kept Bushido and either Striker's Challenge or UC.

Then:
UFC events friday
EA events saturday

OR

Pride/K1 and UC/Striker's Challenge Friday.
Bushido and UFC Saturday

I feel really good about the way UFC3 looks and it's a definite buy for me.

29Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/3/2011, 6:45 pm

Geek

Geek

Cesar Cyborg wrote:TUF- I did something way back in UOC like in 09 and fell apart because they didnt let me run it and i would love to be a president of it and mabye get it big.

My Idea: 1 league per game so we can have the most competition if guys arent at the skill set thewy will fight guys with lower rankings.
UFC3- UFC
EAMMA- Bushido
and k-1 for both.

What went wrong with TUF in that league? Details please Wink The online communities have evolved since then so theres room for expansion. I just think we have to strategically figure it out. Like instead of using popular divisions, use the ones that need a good uprise in talent. Have the two best fighters like rain said and usher out the plan of letting the winner and two best fighters headline the card like TUF Finales are ran.

Aas for the leagues, the only thing that may be wrong with EA is by the time UFC releases, how many people do you think will still be on the game as such? To have it as lower competition, you'd have to give more incentive for them to boot up MMA and fight in bushido, especially if UFC 3 is good. You'll be effectively "making" guys go down to the lower promotions because UFC is overcrowded and idk how many people would be willing to do that. So i think you'll need to have the Pride league as a back up on UFC 3. This way if EA doesn't take off, the transition to close off the Bushido Promotion isn't a hard one. We'll already have a "Japanese Rules" league on UFC and just send Bushido fighters over.

30Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/3/2011, 6:53 pm

Geek

Geek

Rainboi21 wrote:Like I said, I can be the Dana White of UFC and Cesar can run the TUF (Which would be directly absorbed into the UFC)

TUF wouldn't really have to absorb because the fighters would already, in theory, be under contract for the UFC. Like i stated recently, pending the include the WEC brand is/isn't included, unlike EA MMA we won't have a lower promotion to the UFC other than EA, but since we can't transfer it will stand as just a lower promotion as: UFC (big leagues just like the Real UFC) and Fight Force ( smaller promotions, BAMMA Shark Fights, all entities not owned by Zuffa ) only thing is, there won't be a Farm system. So the fighters in TUF would be contracted already. Maybe guys at the lower part of the ladder that need a resurgence of momentum and guys who signed up and don't wanna be thrown to the wolves. So TUF would be our farm system Wink All fighters, win lose or draw will be under UFC contract or Pride, just after TUF tourney we'd have newer ladders, rankings, P4P listings if someone starts off 0-0 and goes on a tear of 4-5 wins in the tourney (depending on how many apply). This would be really good to do in weight classes where we don't have many people. Say our BW division is lacking, get a TUF going, wham get new talent and rankings of where the rest follow.

And i will probably buy, but because of the license. I wanna KO and break some arms of licensed fighters in the UFC lol Also for the presentation etc. just something different from EA MMA (which i love) but just being able to fight fighters i haven't been able too makes it attractive, but i gotta get out of that habit because thats not always good lol

31Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/3/2011, 7:01 pm

hellraiser286

Rainboi21 wrote:Like I said, I can be the Dana White of UFC and Cesar can run the TUF (Which would be directly absorbed into the UFC)

and then we'd have Pride, while EAMMA kept Bushido and either Striker's Challenge or UC.

Then:
UFC events friday
EA events saturday

OR

Pride/K1 and UC/Striker's Challenge Friday.
Bushido and UFC Saturday

I would really prefer the latter scheduling option presented since it gives more diversity to the players. I personally cant ever make it to the Saturday live broadcasts and I would like to compete in both an EA and a UFC league

32Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/3/2011, 7:47 pm

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
^ ^
Well you can certainly compete in both leagues regardless. The broadcast isnt manditory. You can get your fight in during the week if you like. Now I definately would like to see your fights live as you have put on some good ones so far but as long as they are recorded its all the same to me.

Good discussion guys. So far it seems the best format will be 2 leagues for EA MMA and 2 for Bushido with the broadcasts on friday and saturday. What I need to know now is:

1. which 2 EA MMA leagues will we keep?
2. what will be the names of the UFC leagues?
3. which leagues will be on which days?

33Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/3/2011, 8:22 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

We definitely need to keep Bushido, that's a given.
UC is notably more popular than SC, but, SC offers more diversity. I say we do a league vote there.

As far as UFC goes, we can just do it so that Undisputed Fighting Championship or something else everyone else likes would work.

I definitely think that we should continue with a Friday/Saturday schedule. It works great with my schedule and a lot of other people's.

Going off what hellraiser said, we could do a vote and put one of each UFC/EA on each day, putting either

A) Pride and UC
B) K1 and SC
C) UFC and Bushido

on Friday/Saturday

That way, everyone who likes doing Striking only, or prefers to battle it out on the ground in Bushido... they probably will want to play similarly in UFC, so, scheduling them back to back is much better because similar things on the same night. Someone who wants to stand and bang wants to stand and bang. It'd be more convient for them to just have 2 fights in the same night instead of having to be available on two different days.

34Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/3/2011, 11:31 pm

Geek

Geek

1. Which 2 EA MMA leagues will we keep?

I don't know what we going for as far as what our guys want. Fight Force usually has a higher attendance and sign up rate, but more seem to aspire for Bushido which has increased as of late. So my thoughts are as such:

Bushido
Striker's Challenge

I say Striker's Challenge because UC is our Brazilian Bushido. With three Japanese style ruleset Promotions, it may be overkill. Everyone always yells for a K-1 league, a pure standup league. EA MMA's high point is the striking, enough reasoning to use it for the strikes.

2. what will be the names of the UFC leagues?

The Octagon based Promotion should be Undisputed Fighting Championship. It makes us easier to Look at the ring, see the UFC abbreviations, and think Undisputed instead of Ultimate. Makes it easier on WF to template out the belts and frees up time to do other things to get this League in shape.

The Pride based Promotion is up to everyone. It's a japanese based promotion so it would keep with Bushido in terms of event names etc. so we'd constantly need help keeping it fresh and reflecting the Japanese Culture. Or we can just keep it Pride lol I'll keep thinking and get back to this one.

3. which leagues will be on which days?

Hmm...Promotion wise it would be a dream come true to have UFC on Saturdays when all the events really do happen. But we'd probably have to chop the time down an hour or so. 1) We'd be competing with the Real UFC and have to make sure everything is wrapped up before 7:30 or 8:00 o'clock. I know most of the guys go to bars etc to watch the fight. This gives everybody time to get to where they need, get set up for their viewing pleasure. 2) We'd be in direct competition with all other sports and daily ins and outs such as parties etc lol

Friday is a good day, but usually more people show up for Saturdays.I don't know man, this a tough one.

Wilson, as far as statistically speaking, how did the figures stack up as too attendance both fighting and viewing on the OMMA channel stack up for our current leagues on their respective days?

35Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/4/2011, 7:54 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

^ ^
What if we change UC's rules to Unified? That way each game will have a league with unified rules and one with japenese rules. Very Happy

I think SC is probably the least active league here. Its like the featherweight division we tried to impliment. Many ppl thought it was a good idea and acted interested but only 3 ppl joined it. lol SC is the same way. Its pretty much the same ppl each week now and nobody new is joining. I think we should reduce SC to singular events or tournies instead of a league with weekly events.

Another suggestion, what about alternating games each week? What I mean is one week we do EA MMA (friday = Bushido, saturday = UC) the next we do Undisputed (friday = Pride, saturday = UFC). It would greatly reduce the chances of interfering with the real UFC events on saturdays.

36Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/4/2011, 8:39 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

2 weeks between events is just too much.

37Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/4/2011, 10:14 pm

Geek

Geek

I don't know how many would really appreciate the Alternative weeks. Good idea, but would be hard to justify if UFC 3 is a hit. I do agree though, SC would go since no one actually fights there. I don't know bro we need more people commenting on this!!!

38Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/5/2011, 12:55 am

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Charles Scott wrote:I don't know how many would really appreciate the Alternative weeks. Good idea, but would be hard to justify if UFC 3 is a hit. I do agree though, SC would go since no one actually fights there. I don't know bro we need more people commenting on this!!!

this.

39Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/5/2011, 2:47 am

Geek

Geek

Yea man, we just need more input seriously. I mean we're all getting good ideas, but that risks us getting too far ahead of ourselves and future/current members who haven't had a say get upset. The talk is constructive, and we've garnered a lot of good ideas definitely. Cesar, Rainboi, K!lla, hellraiser, and i think cloud? and me all have put out some ideas and gotten the ball running, we just need more participation.

It gets me pumped just because i'm always up for anything league related etc and i wanna hope UFC 3 is good, but thats a long shot lol more discussion!

40Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/6/2011, 1:05 am

Geek

Geek

guys if you haven't already, check out the UFC Q&A vid posted in the UFC thread

41Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/9/2011, 9:14 pm

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
So whats the official word on this guys?

42Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/10/2011, 1:45 am

Acoustic

Acoustic
I just picked up EA MMA today and played about 15 matches in career mode and even with the CPU spamming me, it is quite an enjoyable game.

I can remember playing UFC Undisputed 2009 way back and it certainly doesn't compare to EA in terms of realism, graphics, animations, and overall gameplay. If you guys still decide to go that direction though, you of course need to do a CAF league as that is what draws people here. Here are some suggestions that I will throw out there that you could maybe use for UFC 3 or even EA MMA.

1. Some sort of attribute leveling system like in career mode for EA MMA. Your fighter starts with some pre determined skill set style (ie boxer) and gets certain attributes risen at the beginning. The website could set up some sort of money system for when you win fights you can go to training camps based on the amount of money you got. You could choose certain areas to work on for your fighter as well. This of course would have to be made pretty realistic so that you can't get really good and so that there are different fighter styles out there,

2. 3 Minutes rounds. I think it is somewhat funner to be able to go to the corner for a little while in a fight and re think your gameplan.

3. 2 Leagues.

Experienced League

3 Minutes Rounds (5 for championship)
Payed a good amount of money depending on what fight your in (a lot more than the other league).
3-5 fights a card.
Must have a certain record or impress the league owner by winning in the other league.
Better Arena.
Commentated (if possible)

Rookie League

3 Minute Rounds (No Championship)
Barely payed any money.
Up to 10 fights a card.
Any record.
Simple Arena.
Not commentated.

At first no one would be in experienced league but as time goes on it would seperate the good from the bad.

Having the whole 4 league system isn't really a good choice. If I want to change leagues I am going to actually change UFC3/EA MMA leagues and go somewhere else.

UFC wouldn't be a bad game if it had some sort of realism settings to slow the game down or even make strikes do more damage.

43Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/10/2011, 11:57 pm

Geek

Geek

Well I'll place my thoughts and hope everyone chimes in with their voice as acoustic did!

[1] UFC League = Undisputed Fighting Championship
[2] Pride League = Destiny or something Japanese related
[3] We keep Ultimate Combat since its popular and Bushido

In case UFC Excels and EA loses steam, we close one of the EA leagues and open an extra card for UFC like UFC FN Live.

depending on difference in stats, just use insta CAFs but if stats are varying use any.

I also say we try to implement our own TUF tourney lol i just like the idea and it would help raise fighters in the weight class.

Either way we have endless opportunities, just need the community voice.

44Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/11/2011, 12:52 am

Acoustic

Acoustic
Nice ideas Charles.

I still think that the focus on 1 main league would better assist this UFC league as being one of the best. I also think that players should only be allowed 1 fighter. This way, with 1 main league and 1 fighter, players really have to focus on improving their fighter's skills. Quality would certainly rise with fights and you can have better match ups since all of your fighters are in one league (unless they are still in the rookie league).

BTW, I just read that UFC 3 will have a sim mode in which realism is bumped. Will this league be using that mode?

45Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/11/2011, 12:59 am

cloudx142

I played UFC 3 and its pretty beast. I think it would be a good idea to have a league for it. Tbh i kind of like it better then MMA.

46Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/11/2011, 1:08 am

Geek

Geek

Acoustic wrote:
BTW, I just read that UFC 3 will have a sim mode in which realism is bumped. Will this league be using that mode?

They haven't Specified whether that is strictly offline or online capable yet. Until then we can only speculate man, but if it is online we'd try it out and see. We look to bring the experience as close to the real thing as we can so the sky is the limit Wink
cloudx142 wrote:I played UFC 3 and its pretty beast. I think it would be a good idea to have a league for it. Tbh i kind of like it better then MMA.

Ah your lucky cloud lol I'm glad you enjoyed yourself though, i know i woulda been picture snapping, chester cheetoh smiling all over the place.

47Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/11/2011, 4:55 pm

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
Acoustic wrote:Nice ideas Charles.

I still think that the focus on 1 main league would better assist this UFC league as being one of the best. I also think that players should only be allowed 1 fighter. This way, with 1 main league and 1 fighter, players really have to focus on improving their fighter's skills. Quality would certainly rise with fights and you can have better match ups since all of your fighters are in one league (unless they are still in the rookie league).

The reason why we allow multiple fighters is because people tend to not show up sometimes. We then have to find a replacement and if we couldnt then someone waited all week and didnt get to fight. We do multiple leagues for more variety. Our setup is a result of months of trial and error. We ran 4 different leagues with EA MMA. UFC will have a bigger community so having 2 leagues for Undisputed shouldnt be a problem at all.

48Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/12/2011, 12:58 am

Geek

Geek

Yea, if we could handle EA MMA at its Peak with 4 leagues, we could do UFC too lol

We use multiple fighters for diversity. Giving someone 1 fighter breaks some hearts when you got a guy that would wanna fight in HW MW and FW or a guy who has a good FW but there aren't enough fighters yet so he wants one in BW and LW too.

I still wanna know if sim mode will be online as well though, that one is a must know

49Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 11/14/2011, 6:01 am

EGFr0sty

EGFr0sty
I know im new but my opnion is this
-CAF only
-a pride league, a ufc league and a strikers league (According to what i have heard striking looks much nicer in this next installment.)
and thats it keep it simple at the start then expand.

50Ideas for a new UFC3 league - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 11/14/2011, 5:23 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

I'm pretty bent on doing 2 leagues, possibly a third if EA MMA fails out.

UFC - Undisputed Fighting Championship (full 7 divisions, which I think I'd be president of)
Fantasy - Pride Mode (the upper 5 divisions)

and if at all possible a beginner league with the upper 5 classes (barring FW and BW... beginners are less likely going to want to fight technically, they're going to crowd HW/LHW and likely just as well MW/WW)

Even with 7 divisions, I'd say you could still only have 3 fighters. I don't want anyone to have a monopoly on all the belts...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum