You are not connected.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Ideas for a new UFC3 league 9/25/2011, 3:58 pm

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
Its been talked about many times and alot of ideas have been thrown out there but i want to hear from the community on this one. We definately plan to run a league possibly 2 with UFC 3 but what would be best for as far as setup, rules, etc.?

OK so far the name we are looking to use is Undisputed Fighting Championship. Nothing is set in stone so if you have any suggestions please feel free to post them. As far as rulles there are multiple options seeing as UFC3 has multiple ways to setup fights. The choices are as follwed:

1. Roster fighter league - UFC fighters only fighter stats as is
2. Roster fighter league w/ stat leveler - UFC fighters only using the stat leveler (everyone has the same exact stats)
3. Career CAF league - Career CAFs only
4. Instant CAF league - Instant CAFs only
5. Mix CAF and UFC fighter league - Instant CAFs and roster fighters together usng the stat leveler

There is much more to work out but this is what I need to know off hand. Thoughts?

2Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 9/25/2011, 7:21 pm

Cesar Cyborg

Cesar Cyborg

How bout one big CAF league. We are a caf league website not a Fighter one.

one big insta and career league. Honestly you guys know how I roll, Rapping people with instant cafs.

3Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 9/27/2011, 5:52 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

Definately CAF only. I like the stat leveler option but the CAFs may be weak tho. I think we should just continue with the format we have now. Career CAF with the option to go instant if you dont want to do career.

4Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 9/27/2011, 6:43 pm

Geek

Geek

Cesar Cyborg wrote:How bout one big CAF league. We are a caf league website not a Fighter one.

one big insta and career league. Honestly you guys know how I roll, Rapping people with instant cafs.

We still have a Pt. 2 to finish homie, don't think i forgot about that butt whooping i got in probably the most hyped fight in OMMA history. Imma see you lol Jay retired but i got army guns

5Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 9/29/2011, 6:34 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

I like the roster league idea, but there aren't enough good fighters to go around.

I'd say you can allow the lower ranked guys, maybe guys like Michael Johnson, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Mark Munoz or even Stephan Bonnar, but not guys like Jon Jones, Anderson or GSP

6Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 9/29/2011, 8:36 pm

Cesar Cyborg

Cesar Cyborg

if we do a roster we will do a live draw at one time. my vote.

7Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 9/29/2011, 8:50 pm

Geek

Geek

Idk, may have to debate it more as time draws closer for release

8Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 9/30/2011, 5:19 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

Another question is do we also want to run a Pride league?

9Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 9/30/2011, 10:32 pm

Cesar Cyborg

Cesar Cyborg

no, unless ufc is 40x better than ea which i doubt.

UFC3: UFC
EA: Bushido

and have no strikeforce or uc.

10Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/1/2011, 2:27 am

hellraiser286

I like the idea of a CAF league since that way every fighter could have the same potential amount of attribute points. I think this is part of what makes the current EA league great since it creates great fights. I also like the idea of a Pride league, I always preferred the Japanese rules over the Unified rules.

11Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/1/2011, 8:43 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

I do agree with a fighter draft, however.

But there are so many of us, it'd be unfair.

All the good fighters would be gone by the 15th pick and everyone else would get stuck with shit.

12Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/1/2011, 10:04 pm

Geek

Geek

Rainboi21 wrote:I do agree with a fighter draft, however.

But there are so many of us, it'd be unfair.

All the good fighters would be gone by the 15th pick and everyone else would get stuck with shit.

Agreed...

The draft is an awesome idea, but as soon as the top fighters are gone all You know what breaks lose, depending on how many people are in each weight class, we might could pull off but with 100+ fighters, most able to fight in other divisions, EPIC fail is certain. Most leagues that use the real fighters end up with the top fighters always headlining and fighting for the belts.

13Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/1/2011, 10:11 pm

Geek

Geek

This is my opinions...

I love the aspect of CAFs..It gives each of us an identity and let's us express ourselves and make our own reality happen inside of an arena we don't have ie. UFC contracts. Some of the greatest fights we've had here were between "our" guys, waging war and having rivalries. It's our own fight world inside of virtual reality.

I like the Pride aspect, but we'd have to eliminate some stuff. If UFC 3 is good as we hope, then everyone will naturally migrate over too UFC. I say we use the UFC 3 as a full out UFC league, Pride as an all-out Japanese rules league. Depending on how everything plays out and the attention still at EA, we could use Fight Force as our "Bamma type" league and bushido as the "Dream type" league Honestly that may get to be too much for us to handle, so i'd say eliminate FF and Bushido depending on what we looking like as far as who still wants to keep the EA MMA section thriving but def. Keep the Strikers Challenge league bc everyone knows how good the striking on MMA is.

14Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/1/2011, 10:12 pm

Geek

Geek

The only question is...

Do we use Instant, Career, or a mix of both for the fighters (gotta make sure career has no glitch to amp up your fighters, instant too)

What you guys think about a TUF style thing too?

15Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/1/2011, 10:22 pm

Cesar Cyborg

Cesar Cyborg

i vote we can mix it, with career limits, not every fighter will be an allstar

16Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/1/2011, 10:32 pm

GoldenBoyGageX

GoldenBoyGageX
if someone gets a crappy stat fighter thats why we got stat leveler but i like to use the undercard fighters you just have to be good at the game and know how to use them.

17Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/1/2011, 10:35 pm

Cesar Cyborg

Cesar Cyborg

Charles Scott wrote:The only question is...

Do we use Instant, Career, or a mix of both for the fighters (gotta make sure career has no glitch to amp up your fighters, instant too)

What you guys think about a TUF style thing too?
yes yes 100x yes mabye a insta-caf one.

18Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/2/2011, 3:14 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

I say we let each person have 2 real fighters (obviously in different divisions), only if they want, and only if they attend the draft which of course we would manufacture in the most fair way possible

I also think that if you take someone very high up, you have to take someone very low. Set an overall cap. If you go out and grab Jon Jones, you're not getting GSP. End of story.

19Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/2/2011, 4:37 pm

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
Good suggestions guys thanks. I'm leaning towards remaining a CAF only league. I just wanted to see if there was an overwhelming difference of opinion.

Now I want to know the answer to the same question K!LLA B33 asked. Do you guys want a PRIDE league as well? Also, what do you suggest for the names of both leagues?

20Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/2/2011, 4:51 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Online Fighting Championship (OFC)

and Pride!

If we do two, I just want to use Kenflo at FW and A. Silva at MW. I just think it would be fun to include (some of) the real fighters.

Although other fighters I have interest in using include:
Melvin Guillard
Urijah Faber
Mark Munoz
Michael Johnson
Forrest Griffin

etc.

21Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/2/2011, 5:46 pm

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
Rainboi21 wrote:Online Fighting Championship (OFC)

and Pride!

If we do two, I just want to use Kenflo at FW and A. Silva at MW. I just think it would be fun to include (some of) the real fighters.

Although other fighters I have interest in using include:
Melvin Guillard
Urijah Faber
Mark Munoz
Michael Johnson
Forrest Griffin

etc.
OFC (online fighting championship) is already taken. I'm not sure if they're still active but there is already a league titled OFC.

22Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/2/2011, 6:57 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Undisputed Fighting Championship?
United Fight League.
Peak Fighting Association.
Operation Fight

I dunno, I'm just throwing stuff out there now.

I fully and completely support a The Ultimate Fighter type things. With the online training camps, we can wait a while until a serious fight opens up and BAM! put the two fighters as the head coaches on the online training camps. All leading up to a card headlined by the coaches and co-mained by the TUF Finale.

also, I'm thinking of stepping down from being a writer (Obviously not right now.), but I'd be willing to volunteer to be president of either UFC league if you need the extra presidents.

23Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/2/2011, 8:11 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

Well as the one streaming I like the 2 events on friday and 2 on saturday setup. Its perfect with my schedule and not too much to handle so if we do 2 leagues with UFC3 I suggest we fold one of the EA MMA leagues. That way we can run 2 EA MMA leagues on friday and 2 UFC leagues on saturday. This of course is only based on me being the only streamer and one who can record.

24Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/2/2011, 8:18 pm

Geek

Geek

K!LLA B33 wrote:Well as the one streaming I like the 2 events on friday and 2 on saturday setup. Its perfect with my schedule and not too much to handle so if we do 2 leagues with UFC3 I suggest we fold one of the EA MMA leagues. That way we can run 2 EA MMA leagues on friday and 2 UFC leagues on saturday. This of course is only based on me being the only streamer and one who can record.

Agreed K!lla...

I think it comes down to overkill. With a UFC and Pride league, we'd just be copying our same strategy for EA. If BAMMA was a legitimate threat or dream for that matter, it would be cool to have them as starter leagues or Farm Systems, but that makes no sense since both playing styles will be drastically different. So i say we use both of their strengths. EA MMA is known for is striking, so why don't we fold FF, keep Bushido and one of the Striker's League. Bushido is more popular than FF and showcases almost every element good about EA's Title.

Just a thought, and k!lla hopefully we can get you some more help!!!

25Ideas for a new UFC3 league Empty Re: Ideas for a new UFC3 league 10/2/2011, 8:22 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Definitely fold FF.

Give all FF guys a title shot to unify the leagues and make it official, because FF guys worked hard to get to the top. It also creates interesting match-ups.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum