You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

russianboy7

russianboy7
Spending time in England was great, but watching the Fight Force 19 was even better. I got to see some great action out there. I even got to interview one of the winners Ray "Razor" Burns who was making his debut against Nelson Pinto.
FF19 Ray Burns post-match interview Pizap_18

Reporter: Hello, hello, hello OMMA! The Fight Force went awesome and I encourage all of you to go watch it on OMMA TV when you get a chance. Some fighters were very active and some weren't, but hey it's all a matter of experience. Ray Burns, who just won his fight against Nelson Pinto, agreed to give a few words on his fight and career so far.

Ray: Yeah Russianboy7, it's great to be here!

Reporter: First off, congratulations on your great win and second I never got a chance to interview you before your first fight so tell me Ray how does it feel to be in OMMA and to (even better) win your first fight?

Ray: Well, it feels great to sign with OMMA and Fight Force. It still blows my mind cause a month ago I was sloshing my way through the amateur circuit fighting for pennies and in front of just coaches and family members of the fighters. Now I'm on the big stage, fighting in front of thousands live and millions watching at home. Needless to say it's also exhilarating to win my debut and I hear a KOTN award as well. I want to thank my corner and coaches for pushing me so hard during training. I also want to thank Ultranova, ele25, and Wilson Fisk for this honor to fight in Fight Force for OMMA and my opponent Pinto for taking this fight.

Reporter: How many years have you been doing MMA because out there you looked like you've been doing it for quite a while?

Ray: Well like most I didn't start out to be a MMA athlete. I started combat sports in my senior year in high-school when I took up boxing. I continued to box when I was in college earning a degree in education. I needed the money to get through college so I started to take MMA fights along with boxing matches. After I graduated, I hung up the gloves, got married, and started a career teaching freshmen in high-school and didn't think much about fighting.

It wasn't till one of my students who was really big into the local MMA scene showed up with a bootleg of one of my fights. He thought I was good enough to go pro which never crossed my mind. I started watching OMMA and caught the bug, I was back in the gym and taking BJJ classes on the weekends and after school. I then got a call from HallofFamer who at the time was Anderson Silva's manager. It turned out that Anderson needed a local sparring partner to practice his standup. I jumped at this opportunity and trained with Anderson, learning his deadly arts and by learning I mean getting front kicked constantly but it made me stronger. Eventually, I decided to go pro and fight in some minor leagues earning my 10 fight win streak, then I was approached by Ultranova who said he could use his connections to get me a fight deal with OMMA. He seemed shady at first but what can I say, I'm here in Fight Force now.

Reporter: How did you feel stepping in that cage and fighting for one of the big leagues? Did you feel more pressure than in your usual fights?

Ray: I felt pressure coming into the fight but once the doors in the cage closed, it was like any other fight. I will admit though, when Pinto was in side-control near the end, it dawned on me that I was about to lose and on live TV too. I think that's when my whole life flashed before my eyes leading to this very moment and how I was going to blow it. I was also dazed at the time and could hear a choir in my head. Somehow, I was able to get the fight back on my feet, regain control of my senses, and pick up my A-game. I think the pressure helped me out there cause normally I would have lost in that situation.

Reporter: (looks at Ray's swollen left hand) What happened with your hand Ray?

Ray: I think I might have broken it with the big knockout punch I gave Pinto cause I put everything I had into that straight. It stung a little in the cage but now that the adrenaline dump is over it's starting to ache.

Reporter: Oh geez! Is it really bad?

Ray: Yeah, when we started this interview I wasn't feeling it but now it's starting to bother me a bit.

Reporter: Do you think you'll be ok for the next fight or might take some time till you come back?

Ray: If it was up to me I would fight on the next card but I have to think of my career, so I think I'll go see a doctor first and get some X-rays, if it looks ok then I'm on the card. I'm sorry but this is really starting to bother me, I have to go see the cageside physicians if you'll excuse me.

Reporter: Alright you go see that doctor over there and I'll continue the interview with your manager

Ray: Alright take care man *goes to the doctor*

Reporter: (catches up to Ultranova) Hello there! Ray injured his hand badly and I sent him to the doctor so can you answer a few questions instead?

Ultranova: What?! Mys fighter's hand is broked? *goes and checks with the doctor and Ray then walks back with a concerned look and mumbling*. Okays *looks at press badge* russianboy7 right? I'll answer yous questions since I'm apparently not needed with the quack.

Reporter: What do you think of Ray and what do you think of his first fight?

Ultranova: I tells yous, I find talent, talent don't find me, capiche? I scouted all the dives looking for some guy like him. Ray's gonna be a contender, I watched that kid floor bums in the local scene, what yous saw here was only the beginning.

Reporter: What training did Ray had to go through to prepare for this fight?

Ultranova: His coaches handle the dorty work with him but I sprung for the best boxing coach I could find for him and his BJJ coach has been drilling him on that juurr jitsu jazz.

Reporter: And lastly, what do you think of Ray's other fights to come?

Ultranova: He made a whatjama call it...*snaps fingers*...... statement heres tonight(yeah that's the ticket). I.... I means Ray, is gonna be big and nuthin is gonna stand in his way.

Reporter: Thanks a lot Ultranova and tell Ray thanks from me as well. Tell him to get well soon and hope to see him back in action soon. I hope the fans will support the fighter as well and send his manager some get well soon cards. And, I have to go now to get on the plane for tommorow's Bushido fights. See ya!

ele25

ele25

Will be posting FF20 Card up this afternoon.

russianboy7

russianboy7
cool

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
Nice interview. Wink

russianboy7

russianboy7
Thanks man Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: