You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OMMA Community Empty OMMA Community 5/17/2011, 3:20 am

ip0nder

ip0nder

Hey there everyone, most of you may not know me, those of you that were here since the beginning might. I got an email from a thread I was supposedly watching, and it brought me here. I'd just like to say, I deeply apologize for not being an active member like I said I would be. The beginning members of this community, and Wilson Fisk, were nothing but good to me. They welcomed me as soon as I got banned from UOC. They even gave me a staff position for me to write articles. I said I would not disappear, but sadly enough, I could not keep my word.

First of all, for those of you that haven't been here for that long, or for those of you that just didn't get to know me, I'd like to explain myself. When I first entered into these forums, I was given an opportunity. I was given the opportunity to write articles, not necessarily about what is going on in the real MMA world, but about the members and their actions of what happened in this very league. I have always wanted to be involved in a community as this, to engage in meaningful conversations and interviews, get to know the fighters, see the fights, and than do my job to give them more of a chance to make a name for themselves outside the ring. Wilson asked only that I write and do my job, and I asked for nothing in return. I was happy that I was just given the chance to do what I really wanted to do.

Recently though, many things in my life have fallen apart. I've lost my job and have gotten in trouble with the law. Although you don't need, nor probably even want, to know about what was going on in my life, I find it necessary to share with you. I was put under arrest because I was in possession of marijuana. I spent all the money on video games, nice clothes, cigarettes, alcohol, and even more weed. With the cost of court fines, probation appointments, gas, I was left with nothing.

I have been in the process of selling everything I have. Well, had to be politically correct. I had to sell all my DVD's, video games, my xbox, and now I am at the point where I am selling my clothes just to survive. I am still currently on probation, and honestly, it would not be that bad if I had the money to pay for everything. Seeing as I don't, I have had to sacrifice a lot, and I am still doing so to this day.

My brother, who lives in Chicago, will be flying me up there when I am done with probation. He has a job set up for me, sure fire thing. It will be a way for me to get my life back on track. I know some of you might be thinking "what sacrifice's has he been making?" You'd be surprised when you lose everything just to survive. Yes, I still live at home, but my parents don't have the funds to help me out. So, hopefully when I am done, I will be able to get on with my life.

But, in the grand scheme of things, that is why I have not been here in so long. Because I had to sell my xbox and my games, among other things. I will be honest, I had forgotten about this place. Not because I didn't want to be apart of a growing league. It was because I had no business being here anymore. Hopefully when I get to Chicago, I will be able to purchase another Xbox/PS3 and get back into this game and actually participate in the league.

Just thought I would let you all know how I am doing and why I have not been here lately. If any of you are interested in my newest project though, I will be sure to let everyone know.

2OMMA Community Empty Re: OMMA Community 5/17/2011, 3:54 am

russianboy7

russianboy7
I feel very sorry for you man it must be crazy living a life like that Shocked

3OMMA Community Empty Re: OMMA Community 5/17/2011, 4:28 am

ip0nder

ip0nder

It actually wouldn't be that bad if I already had the money to pay for everything. That's the only reason why it sucks so bad right now.

4OMMA Community Empty Re: OMMA Community 5/17/2011, 4:32 am

russianboy7

russianboy7
Yeah money is always the problem these days

5OMMA Community Empty Re: OMMA Community 5/17/2011, 10:42 am

Droges

Droges

Ouch Iponder,

Glad to hear you are getting your life back on track. I understand about temptations and making bad choices.

Glad you shared and we hope you make a speedy recovery to a stable life of OMMA Journalism. Wink

6OMMA Community Empty Re: OMMA Community 5/17/2011, 1:34 pm

ip0nder

ip0nder

Thanks guys. I appreciate the words. I am actually in development of a new project that would be unique to this community. If you guys are interested, I will start a new thread about it and get it organized.

7OMMA Community Empty Re: OMMA Community 5/17/2011, 1:52 pm

BronzyCoder

BronzyCoder

Sure, I would be interested in this project, depends on what it is however.

8OMMA Community Empty Re: OMMA Community 5/17/2011, 2:18 pm

ip0nder

ip0nder

Cocked, locked, and ready to rock, my friend. The thread is up.

9OMMA Community Empty Re: OMMA Community 5/17/2011, 3:14 pm

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
Sorry to hear bout your troubles. No judges here. Everyone makes mistakes. Glad to hear that you picked yourself back up and are on the road to recovery. Welcome back. cheers

10OMMA Community Empty Re: OMMA Community 5/17/2011, 3:21 pm

ip0nder

ip0nder

Thanks Fisk. If you have a microphone, I'd like to have you on the podcast sometime.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum