You are not connected.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Things that are banned - Page 2 Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/14/2011, 12:26 pm

BlazedGonzo

BlazedGonzo
smileyfacedkill wrote:
stikstyle wrote:
ip0nder wrote:How is parrying cheap? You're gonna rely on the limited blocking, head movement, and side stepping. Have fun eating body shots than.

It's people that complain about things like this "Parrying is cheap" that make it not fun to even play the game. It's a well functioning part of the game, it's a solid part of fighting. Mostly everyone that buys a MMA simulation game is to get as close to reality as possible. Well, parrying is something that happens in real life. And I know everyone and their mother's argument is gonna be "No one parries that much." Right, but this is still a game. If you don't want to use it, by all means. But don't go around saying it's cheap and bullshit because you don't want to use it. You're just demeaning all the other players out there that do use it.

While I would love to keep the thread on track this will be the last I say about parrying...

I'm 2404 and 820 something and have no issue post patch dealing with body spammers. Limited blocking? Are you really playing the game? I can stand with a brawler in front of a boxer and let him unload his whole stam bar with taking zero damage to the head or body. Head movement and side stepping is real MMA. I don't care if people use it but parries are cheaper than people body spamming. Attacking the body in combos is intelligent as Stamina is essential to the game now. The more you attack the body the less your opponent can do without resting.

Of course 7 or 8 body hooks in a row is cheap but its easily broken up with a jab.

And yes I am demeaning those players who use the parry as a crutch. The one thing I hate more than anything is getting in a fight and seeing my opponent waving to the audience or swatting the invisible flies around their head. I don't mind a well timed parry because I'm becoming predictable but its the endless parries with zero risk if they are good at that is stupid and ruins game play.

I parry spam. It's a smart move. Take away your opponents lead hand and you can counter all day. Very Happy

That... is not something to really smile about yo, considering this league somewhat frowns on spamming. I am not saying man you are a hardcore spammer or something, just you might just want to rephrase that, so no one think you are a parry spamming fiend or anything.

Also I do agree with pOnder on this, however I can see what Stik is trying to get across. Body shots and Parrying are part of this game, it someone is going to exploit them, in my opinion that limits them to what they can do. All you have to do is look out side the box and figure out another way around their defenses (can be easier said then done)

I agree with you Parry Spamming takes away from the game, but it happens, and I try to figure out their pattern so I can hit the opposite side and rock them when they parry. It makes for a beautiful counter, and makes your timing look amazing.

I say no to banning or restraining body blows, if someone can get 6-8 body shots on you, I would say that is your problem and not theirs.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum