You are not connected.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Things that are banned Empty Things that are banned 6/4/2011, 5:29 pm

Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy
So on this list i did'nt see anything about body combo's. In my personal opinion if we are banning the parry take down then why is there nothing on how many strikes a user can throw in a BODY SHOT COMBO from the stand up. I say five should be the lucky number.The take down is just as dirty as over using the body and we still have to defend it so whats the diff really???

WHATS everyones opinion on this?

2Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/4/2011, 6:20 pm

cloudx142

I think this idea is ok. It was cause less spam. But whatever is fine. I would go for this idea!

3Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/4/2011, 11:54 pm

seasonedbark

seasonedbark
jonnyboy is rite. it shows lack of class if u ask me, im as competitive as they come but there are standards all of us have to honor like it or not

4Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/5/2011, 12:53 am

alex wolfe

alex wolfe
Yeah i wouldnt ban hitting the body though just how many hits u can do to the body because i do body head combos but no body spam

5Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/5/2011, 1:46 am

Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy
thats what i'm sayin limit to how many throws in a combo to the body not ban it but cap it lol

6Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/5/2011, 1:51 am

cloudx142

What about someone is rocked? Then can we throw a lot of body hits?

7Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/5/2011, 3:52 am

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

I'm not sure if a rule is neccessary. The patch already punishes hook spam with huge stamina losses. If someone does it to me they're asking to get slammed and mounted. The only time it can be effective is when you're hurt in which I believe it should be allowed since real fighters do that. Whatever will make ppl feel better I'm with. I think a 4 hook rule while your opponent is not hurt would work. If they're hurt tho you should be allowed to flurry.

8Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/5/2011, 10:37 am

Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy
And real fighter would learn how to get there ass back up from the take down that's what the whole ground get up stat is all about, then we might as well ban the perry head kick same thing can't defend the kick after the perry and then what's after that rubber gaurd cause once ya there UR going to get choked or arm bared and after that the catch punch to armbar!!!!!It's mma Learn to fight ur way back up!!!CAN'T BEAT EM JOIN EM LOL don't take away from the game

9Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/5/2011, 3:26 pm

gregstuna

gregstuna
Something call BLOCKING help a lot. we all have some sort of honor we don't body spam. The only time i ever do it is when the body is rocked which is a going for the kill moment. if i ever hit the body i only beat down Stamina. Beating down the body unless rocked is consider cheap IMO. body spamming is not a problem in this league. The main difference between us and the other league is that we allow you to fight the way u want to fight. If u have a problem with a person oh you think is a spammer then don't fight them pull out of your fight or man up and fight.

10Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/5/2011, 5:00 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

Jonnyboy wrote:And real fighter would learn how to get there ass back up from the take down that's what the whole ground get up stat is all about, then we might as well ban the perry head kick same thing can't defend the kick after the perry and then what's after that rubber gaurd cause once ya there UR going to get choked or arm bared and after that the catch punch to armbar!!!!!It's mma Learn to fight ur way back up!!!CAN'T BEAT EM JOIN EM LOL don't take away from the game
And real fighters can go an entire fight and never get a take down and dont have things like the parry takedown move to fall back on. lol Dont take away from the game? You're trying to take away flurries when you're hurt. lol Hook spamming, parry HK KO and rubber guard can all be avoided. PTD cannot. Wait yes it can...dont punch at all! lol Ppl need to learn to get back up? Why dont you guys learn to get it to the ground without PTD? lol

11Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/5/2011, 7:06 pm

Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy
Well if ur rocking my body and i got no juice and perry y ban it i'm going to be going to the ground with no juice anyway it's a way i'm going to save myself from a knock down and ur going to have equal chance to get up so really???UMMM KNOCK DOWN OR A SAVE

12Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/5/2011, 9:06 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

in real life... fighters who get taken down, unless they have a wrestling or BJJ pedigree... stay down.

There's no such thing as ground get up. Your argument is invalid.

13Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/5/2011, 11:37 pm

ip0nder

ip0nder

Hey if we are going to ban this than lets back punches in mount or back control, people spam that on me too.

Are you kidding? Competition is to put yourself in adverse situation and find a way to overcome it, otherwise, you fail at that competition. If you're going to ban something that's easy to maneuverer around, what's the point of playing the game than? As soon as this gets banned, punching to the face will be banned, and than side stepping with be banned, than takedowns in general will be banned. And it will go on until the only thing you can do is watch your fighter intro and hope the judges will give you the win after just walking around without hitting each other.

You get hit in the body? Stop blocking and start parrying. Take them down. Parry and hit back. It's apart of competition. And stop comparing everything to real life. You wanna know what it's like to fight in real life? I suggest you get outta the house and in the gym.

Keep in mind, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone specific, but I've seen threads like these before and they piss me off because it's ridiculous. No one knows what competition even means.

14Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/6/2011, 12:14 pm

gregstuna

gregstuna
ip0nder wrote:Hey if we are going to ban this than lets back punches in mount or back control, people spam that on me too.

Are you kidding? Competition is to put yourself in adverse situation and find a way to overcome it, otherwise, you fail at that competition. If you're going to ban something that's easy to maneuverer around, what's the point of playing the game than? As soon as this gets banned, punching to the face will be banned, and than side stepping with be banned, than takedowns in general will be banned. And it will go on until the only thing you can do is watch your fighter intro and hope the judges will give you the win after just walking around without hitting each other.

You get hit in the body? Stop blocking and start parrying. Take them down. Parry and hit back. It's apart of competition. And stop comparing everything to real life. You wanna know what it's like to fight in real life? I suggest you get outta the house and in the gym.

Keep in mind, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone specific, but I've seen threads like these before and they piss me off because it's ridiculous. No one knows what competition even means.

100% agree with everything he just said

15Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/6/2011, 12:46 pm

BronzyCoder

BronzyCoder

ip0nder wrote:Hey if we are going to ban this than lets back punches in mount or back control, people spam that on me too.

QFT.

16Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/6/2011, 5:06 pm

Cesar Cyborg

Cesar Cyborg

Parry......... Estupido.......

17Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/6/2011, 7:21 pm

ip0nder

ip0nder

BronzyCoder wrote:

QFT.

If you can't parry some punches than I hope you have a good takedown, otherwise you're gonna start losing a lot more often.

18Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/6/2011, 9:49 pm

stikstyle

ip0nder wrote:

If you can't parry some punches than I hope you have a good takedown, otherwise you're gonna start losing a lot more often.

I don't agree with this as I never use the parry system any more... I will from time to time try the kick catch if I see I'm getting alot of torso kicks thrown at me but other than that I refuse to use the parry system as its cheap and BS

19Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/7/2011, 12:20 am

ip0nder

ip0nder

How is parrying cheap? You're gonna rely on the limited blocking, head movement, and side stepping. Have fun eating body shots than.

It's people that complain about things like this "Parrying is cheap" that make it not fun to even play the game. It's a well functioning part of the game, it's a solid part of fighting. Mostly everyone that buys a MMA simulation game is to get as close to reality as possible. Well, parrying is something that happens in real life. And I know everyone and their mother's argument is gonna be "No one parries that much." Right, but this is still a game. If you don't want to use it, by all means. But don't go around saying it's cheap and bullshit because you don't want to use it. You're just demeaning all the other players out there that do use it.

20Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/7/2011, 12:45 am

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
OK guys. LEts not turn this into an arguement over the parrying. This thread is concerning the body spam problem. Can we get back to that please?

21Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/7/2011, 1:17 am

stikstyle

ip0nder wrote:How is parrying cheap? You're gonna rely on the limited blocking, head movement, and side stepping. Have fun eating body shots than.

It's people that complain about things like this "Parrying is cheap" that make it not fun to even play the game. It's a well functioning part of the game, it's a solid part of fighting. Mostly everyone that buys a MMA simulation game is to get as close to reality as possible. Well, parrying is something that happens in real life. And I know everyone and their mother's argument is gonna be "No one parries that much." Right, but this is still a game. If you don't want to use it, by all means. But don't go around saying it's cheap and bullshit because you don't want to use it. You're just demeaning all the other players out there that do use it.

While I would love to keep the thread on track this will be the last I say about parrying...

I'm 2404 and 820 something and have no issue post patch dealing with body spammers. Limited blocking? Are you really playing the game? I can stand with a brawler in front of a boxer and let him unload his whole stam bar with taking zero damage to the head or body. Head movement and side stepping is real MMA. I don't care if people use it but parries are cheaper than people body spamming. Attacking the body in combos is intelligent as Stamina is essential to the game now. The more you attack the body the less your opponent can do without resting.

Of course 7 or 8 body hooks in a row is cheap but its easily broken up with a jab.

And yes I am demeaning those players who use the parry as a crutch. The one thing I hate more than anything is getting in a fight and seeing my opponent waving to the audience or swatting the invisible flies around their head. I don't mind a well timed parry because I'm becoming predictable but its the endless parries with zero risk if they are good at that is stupid and ruins game play.

22Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/7/2011, 4:40 pm

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

Body spamming is something I have to deal with in Rank matches so I don't see why it should be illegal unless we can come up with a compromise like we did with the parry takedown system.

If the league starts adding too many house rules then the rest of the EA MMA community are going to call us wimps.
http://geekintomma.blogspot.com/

23Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/7/2011, 5:40 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

ultranova5000 wrote:Body spamming is something I have to deal with in Rank matches so I don't see why it should be illegal unless we can come up with a compromise like we did with the parry takedown system.

If the league starts adding too many house rules then the rest of the EA MMA community are going to call us wimps.
I agree. Body spam can be dealt with. Not only that EA punishes it with a stamina drain so there is no need to set a rule for it. As for the EA community calling us wimps, lol. We're the only league WITHOUT a spam rule. In fact we have the least house rules out of all leagues so I'd say we're the last to be called wimps. Razz

24Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/14/2011, 2:48 am

smileyfacedkill

body shots are a part of striking. It's not the same as parry takedown which is a move that has no defense to and is very unrealistic.

People only complain about body spamming because they don't understand striking technique.

25Things that are banned Empty Re: Things that are banned 6/14/2011, 2:52 am

smileyfacedkill

stikstyle wrote:
ip0nder wrote:How is parrying cheap? You're gonna rely on the limited blocking, head movement, and side stepping. Have fun eating body shots than.

While I would love to keep the thread on track this will be the last I say about parrying...

I'm 2404 and 820 something and have no issue post patch dealing with body spammers. Limited blocking? Are you really playing the game? I can stand with a brawler in front of a boxer and let him unload his whole stam bar with taking zero damage to the head or body. Head movement and side stepping is real MMA. I don't care if people use it but parries are cheaper than people body spamming. Attacking the body in combos is intelligent as Stamina is essential to the game now. The more you attack the body the less your opponent can do without resting.

Of course 7 or 8 body hooks in a row is cheap but its easily broken up with a jab.

And yes I am demeaning those players who use the parry as a crutch. The one thing I hate more than anything is getting in a fight and seeing my opponent waving to the audience or swatting the invisible flies around their head. I don't mind a well timed parry because I'm becoming predictable but its the endless parries with zero risk if they are good at that is stupid and ruins game play.

I parry spam. It's a smart move. Take away your opponents lead hand and you can counter all day. Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum