You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gonzo Miller Interveiw  Empty Gonzo Miller Interveiw 5/12/2011, 2:27 pm

BlazedGonzo

BlazedGonzo
Reporter: Hello OMMA fans. I have the chance to speak with Gonzo Miller, a OMMA vet who has just returned to compete after a disappearance. How have you been Gonzo?

Gonzo: I am good. I went to Brazil and then to EFC for a brief moment, but decided to come back here after having a discussion with Marcelo Gracie.

Reporter: Well welcome back. Where is Marcelo Gracie, and Chris Miller?

Gonzo: Marcelo went back to Brazil and my brother had a son, so it is just me here now.

Reporter: So GJJA? What happened with Black House?

Gonzo: Well I had to leave after losing my title shot. Chris had to leave due to his family, and Marcelo did not know enough english to run an academy. I was hoping that my memebers would just take it over, but they created their own camp. Which I am glad to see. So when I realized that, Black House was dead, and I was a new man. So Gracie Jiu Jitsu Academy was born. Ryan Murray and Solomon Kidd also liked the idea of the Academy and decided to join.

Reporter: So what is the point of Gracie Jiu Jitsu Academy?

Gonzo: The point is to train, and be proud of where you train. It is simple, but I find many camps get too complicated. GJJA is just to train, with who ever you want. Higher experienced fighters help less experienced fighters, and everyone learns from one another.

Reporter: Isn't Ryan Murray in direct competition with you?

Gonzo: Yeah he is. He is the number 1 contender in Welter Weight, and I am the number 2 contender in Welter Weight. It does not matter though, just as long as one of us is wearing the belt I will be happy.

Reporter: Any thoughts on Ryan's upcoming match against Jeremy Frost?

Gonzo: Well I have fought both. Ryan I fought and submitted here in OMMA. Jeremy and I sparred many times in EFC. I know they are both solid fighters, but I have to go with my fellow Academy trainer Ryan Murray. Murray's ground and pound is strong and he loves to control mount. Jeremy is just an all round fight, so if he can find a way to beat Rayn, he will.

Reporter: So final verdict on their match?

Gonzo: Ryan Murray. Sorry Jeremy you are a solid fighter, but Ryan has been working hard for this.

Reporter: Well thank you for your time. We hope to see you fight soon.

Gonzo: No Problem

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum