You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Droges

Droges

Dan Murphy has recently won the light weight belt by beating Cesar Azevedo in a war that went to the cards. Murphy won it by UD in Bushido7.

Atlantic KickBoxing Academy is near imposible to beat but Murphy found a way to give the welterweight fighter, Cesar Azevedo his first lost.

---------------------------------------Interview: Dan Murphy talks about winning the belt Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAtnjSEZrQ8lZsBBNTuCFV56M2QubVoMFeCI0VCIfZi1iMAXo4NfuWvdk2

iOMMA has finally caught up with Dan Murphy for his thoughts on the fight.

iOMMA:
"Congratulations Dan Murphy on your impressive win against a tough competitor in Cesar Azevedo and more importantly earning the belt with said victory."

Murphy: "Thanks. I trained really hard to make sure I was ready."

iOMMA: "Tell us your thoughts on the fight?"

Murphy: "It was tough as expected. I came out a little slow and was kinda off with everything and he started to take advantage of that. Once I found my groove I felt better and started to do the things I trained and the rest is history."

iOMMA: "Cesar Azevedo actually cut weight to fight you for the belt. He was undefeated up until your fight, were you nervous at all facing an AKA camp that produces some of the best fighters this league has seen?"

Murphy: "I was DEFINATELY nervous. lol He was undefeated, top 10 P4P and it was for the title."

iOMMA: "We noticed that you had performance enchanments coming into the fight. Is this normal now or only against other performance enchanced fighters? Care to comment?"

Murphy: "lol What?"

iOMMA: "He had you early in the first round, he knocked you down twice but you quickly got back to your feet. At any point were you hurt or worried that this could be it?"

Murphy: "The 1st knockdown pis'd me off more than anything. The 2nd time I was hurt and definately thinking it could be it."

iOMMA: "Then near the end of round 1 you had him hurt and had a dominate postion, you must have felt good going into the second round?"

Murphy: "Actually no I was disappointed going into the 2nd. He got 2 knockdowns on me and even tho I ended the round in mount he still won the round. I knew I had to really bring it the next 2."

iOMMA: "A stand up war with Cesar throwing big shots that appear could have changed the fight at any time, but you remained elusive and again at the end of round2 had his back and were raining punishment. This surely clinched the victory for you"

Murphy: "Well i wouldnt say that. I dont know how the judges were looking at it but IMO I felt like I was still losing and needed a finish."

iOMMA: "Well Dan Murphy, you are now 7-1. You have avenged your only lost and now have given one of the top pound 4 pound guys his first lost. That is an impressive resume, whats next for Dan Murphy?"

Murphy: "Now its defense time. They say you arent really a champ until you defend so thats my next goal."

iOMMA: "Congratulations again Mr. Murphy, you deserve it and all the best in your next fight"

Murphy: "Thanks alot and thanks to all those who helped me. I couldnt have done it without you."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum