You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Matt Hughes and BJ Penn Empty Matt Hughes and BJ Penn 11/30/2010, 12:35 pm

Droges

Droges

first off is Matt in the hall of fame?

Matt appears to have the best and biggest record in MMA. After their fight, Matt is left with not much to go on.
I feel bad for him, all that training and he got schooled. Both guys are not on my fav list but you have to feel for the guy.
His career is wraping up.

BJ Penn has more to work with however if he can't stop frankie and GSP aslo beat him quite decisive last time, whats in store for him? Gate Keeper?

Both weight classes are locked up with not much room for him to move. Don't get me wrong, he has all the skill to go for another title run but besides his last fight with Matt, he is tenative.

2Matt Hughes and BJ Penn Empty Re: Matt Hughes and BJ Penn 11/30/2010, 12:53 pm

ovfd55

ovfd55
Rumor is BJ next fight will be Fitch

3Matt Hughes and BJ Penn Empty Re: Matt Hughes and BJ Penn 11/30/2010, 2:21 pm

I like both guys. Matt is in the HoF already so what he needs to do is go out before he has a string of losses like this one. Ya know like Liddell didn't do.

BJ had lost me a little with his not so great fights in recent history... I really wanted him to beat GSP. But after this decisive win he can build on it. He's (like ovfd said) rumored to fight Fitch next and if he can win that one a title fight may be one fight away.

Either way I hope to see some good stuff from both these guys in future, BJ fighting and Matt announcing or something like that.

4Matt Hughes and BJ Penn Empty Re: Matt Hughes and BJ Penn 11/30/2010, 2:24 pm

Geek

Geek

def. feel bad for hughes, but he's already a HOF so no worries there.

as you've stated, his record speaks for itself, i think he should fade away with his dignity. This probably was the last "big" fight he'll get, i'd rather leave with the rubber match being my last outing. You lost to a former champion and quite skilled competitor, let it go Smile

As for Mr. Penn..Stay at WW. be a top contender, most of the fighters there choke when big fights are handed. Idk where he'll stand tho. Kinda like another post here said, he's not really a gatekeeper and he's not really a top contender right now. See how he does with fitch, then we'll reserve judgement

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum