Stat cap I_vote106%Stat cap I_vote11 6% [ 1 ]
Stat cap I_vote1025%Stat cap I_vote11 25% [ 4 ]
Stat cap I_vote1019%Stat cap I_vote11 19% [ 3 ]
Stat cap I_vote1050%Stat cap I_vote11 50% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Stat cap Empty Stat cap 2/20/2012, 8:58 pm

What is your guys opinion on the overall cap i think it should be 90.

Edit: I've done a lot of testing since then and it should be 95.

2Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 2/21/2012, 4:46 pm

Geek

Geek

Guys we need some more input on this...

Seeing that most guys range from 90-93-95 I'd say 90-91, more towards 91. Mistakes happen and sometimes you can't justifiably get it directly on 90, so 91 gives a bit of lead way.

3Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 2/21/2012, 6:45 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

I agree with 90. That gives ppl good stats and a satisfiable amount of moves. To avoid going over I suggest that once you reach 89 save after you schedule your next fight. Then after each training session check your stats to see the overall. If you remain under 90 after a training session then save. If you go over then quit without saving and reload or dashboard. As long as you dont save or choose Fight Now you will go back to your last save.

Once you reach 90 of course save. You may be able to squeeze a few more points into certain stats without raising it so you may want to make a few attempts at that and quit or dashboard if you go over. If you were able to add points without going over 90 make sure to save.

4Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 2/23/2012, 1:05 am

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

What about CAF boost? Since it gives an 84 or 85 overall but gives you a ton of moves.

I think the average is mainly 90 and I think most can reach that number pretty easily since all 3 of the guys I made are 90,96,92.
http://geekintomma.blogspot.com/

5Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/2/2012, 8:09 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

Judging by the other thread the cap needs to be 90 or maybe 92. 92 is right in the middle of the suggested caps (88 and 95) so thats a perfect medium IMO would require less ppl to redo career. 90 is good too tho so I dont know. I'll be cool with any cap. I just figured out a good pattern that gets me good stats and a good amount of moves for my style so I plan to go thru career again anyway. I'll stop at 90 tho just incase. Weigh in guys we need to get this settled and no arguing man. Save your animosity for the cage. Right now we need to figure this out.

6Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/2/2012, 8:33 pm

K!LLA B33 wrote:Judging by the other thread the cap needs to be 90 or maybe 92. 92 is right in the middle of the suggested caps (88 and 95) so thats a perfect medium IMO would require less ppl to redo career. 90 is good too tho so I dont know. I'll be cool with any cap. I just figured out a good pattern that gets me good stats and a good amount of moves for my style so I plan to go thru career again anyway. I'll stop at 90 tho just incase. Weigh in guys we need to get this settled and no arguing man. Save your animosity for the cage. Right now we need to figure this out.
Thats perfect 92 i'm cool with that.

7Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/2/2012, 9:04 pm

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

I honestly think we should just go with 100 since that's what the other leagues are going to do. If we have unified rules, then we end up with more players since more people can be part of multiple leagues.

If not then 96 cause that is the highest that can be filtered in player matches. For whatever reason THQ decided 96 was high enough that it wouldn't unbalance the roster fighters vs CAF.

I have other reasons but those are all in the thread that was locked, there's no reason to repeat them.

If 92 is the cap at least I can use my middleweight.

Then again overall could mean anything, someone could have 100 striking off/def but a 88 overall which is still better then what my 96 Cafs have in striking and if they have lvl3 strikes to go with it it makes them a threat, even if my overall is higher. Not a single one of my 96 cafs has a stat higher then 90, maybe 2 90s and lower 80s or 3 90s and the rest is 78-83 which is relative to other cafs since that's who we are fighting, not the roster guys. As stated earlier if you can make a 92 CAF with lvl3 sweeps in every position then just imagine what type of moves you can get away with at 88 (clinch throws and lvl3 striking to boot).

Don't get me wrong, I can make a competitive caf at any stat CAP, I would just prefer not being forced to have a ton of lvl3 reversal transitions.

8Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/3/2012, 4:21 pm

ele25

ele25

Im going with 88. But nothing higher than 90. Im still getting the game down. But we will see what it is.

9Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/4/2012, 3:35 am

taz19

taz19
95 sounds great to me. lml
https://www.youtube.com/flames19

10Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/4/2012, 6:02 am

ele25

ele25

anything over 90 is overkill. Lets have fun and see guys with strs and weaknesses. Having a guy near perfect or perfect is just boring.

11Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/4/2012, 8:24 am

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

It's all relative. For instance if we couldn't go over 90 then 90 is the new 100 an 80 is the new 90.

So a 90 stat would be treated as a 100 stat.

Example:
100 striking offense vs 90 striking defense is the same as
90 striking offense vs 80 striking defense is the same as
80 striking offense vs 70 striking defense

They end up doing the exact same amount of damage. The only difference is more moves which means more lvl3 sweeps. A 85 lvl3 striking technique would end up doing the same damage as a lvl1 90 striking technique if not possibly more. The current balance is moves vs stats but with a low cap means we all bank up on moves and it's not very realistic nor fun to have to worry about getting swept from every ground position but not having a high enough defense stat to defend it (which is the trade off of a higher stat).

Just ask Tweedy. The reason he would beat my higher overall guys is cause he had sweeps from the bottom and my guys usually had a sweep from 1 position. This meant for me to get up, would take 2-3 transitions while all he needed to do was succeed in one transition and end up on top. His lvl3 strikes also ended up being as useful as my lvl1 strikes. Again I have no problem with people doing this but if I have to do this too then I'm forced into it and I have to remake my CAFs which are already balanced against other cafs 88-100 so it's just pointless replaying to get a CAF that's equal to my CAFs cause they have more moves but a lower overall.

Mark my words, 3 months from now you'll see what I mean when more people figure the game out. This isn't crap I'm pulling right out of my ass either, I've tested this stuff out against other members' cafs and people on my friend's list, not against AI roster fighters, and if you think I'm being a wimp cause I don't want to use lower overall CAFs, that's not the case, I don't mind making a 88. What I mind is doing Career over again for CAFs that are just fine as is. There's a reason other leagues picked 100 and it's making more and more sense to me everyday and the ones who decided that were the same people who got early copies of the game sent to them from THQ. The same people who weeks before the game came out were looking for exploits and cheapness. The same people who've beaten career mode over 10 times. The same people that came up with the banned move list. Their obsessive compulsive disorder completely overshadows my own.

Overall caps aren't going to change anything cause people who are good at Career mode will still end up with better CAFs then those who aren't as good (by having more moves or higher level moves). So a lower cap just forces people to remake their cafs. If it wasn't for the glitched CAF bug, I would recommend we be insta-CAF only to save everyone from these headaches and career mode.

12Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/4/2012, 11:08 am

Kingdaddydesmin

Kingdaddydesmin
No caps are needed in my opinion my main caf is 88 and i can beat most of my opponents 90+ cafs with stock characters and im not great at this ufc game, stats are irrelevant they're just an excuse for people to cry when they lose to a better fighter, spamming and exploiting obviously should be penalized but don't punish people for spending more time training rather than simulating, im lazy i sim a lot but i don't care if others have higher stats as long as they fight fair.

13Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/4/2012, 3:35 pm

Hung Long

Hung Long
only diff between a 88 caf an a 95 caf is lvl of moves. 95 caf will have less lvl 3s then a 88 caf

14Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/4/2012, 9:17 pm

Is ele rainboi's second account?

15Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/4/2012, 9:50 pm

Kingdaddydesmin

Kingdaddydesmin
I'm 88 over all and i have zero lvl 3 moves

16Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/4/2012, 9:55 pm

ele25

ele25

Tommy Tweedy wrote:Is ele rainboi's second account?

I've been here longer than Rainboi. I just went inactive for awhile.

17Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/4/2012, 11:04 pm

taz19

taz19
It shouldn't matter how high or how low is anyone's fighter. At the end of the day, every fighter has its weakness, either less more or high stats. No one has an advantage this time around. Having a higher stat then your opponent shouldn't be no reason for anyone to talk about how cheap the opponent fighter is.

The whole point of making a career fighter, is to be unique compare to the rest. Have him the way you want it to be. By having a stat, is basically trying to even out the field. All I know, is each fighter will have its flaw, either less moves or higher stats.
https://www.youtube.com/flames19

18Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/5/2012, 4:44 am

Hung Long

Hung Long
Kingdaddydesmin wrote:I'm 88 over all and i have zero lvl 3 moves

i highly doubt that

19Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/5/2012, 5:06 am

Hung Long wrote:

i highly doubt that
Need some help with career....... lol

20Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/5/2012, 7:11 am

xAghastEaglex

xAghastEaglex
92 no doubt. All my realistic guys average 88 or so. Making it 92 allows us to have Bones type guys while being able to compete.
http://spxufl.enjin.com/

21Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/5/2012, 9:56 am

Kingdaddydesmin

Kingdaddydesmin
Tommy Tweedy wrote:
Hung Long wrote:

i highly doubt that
Need some help with career....... lol

nah just as i said previously i'm lazy:P

my unfinished lightweight has like 4 lvl 3's all subs

22Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/5/2012, 5:11 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

It looking like Wilson made a good 1st guess at a cap. Razz

23Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/6/2012, 4:34 am

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

8 want the cap under 95
7 want the cap @ 95.

two most popular should be put up for a revote.

24Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/6/2012, 8:47 am

Rainboi21 wrote:8 want the cap under 95
7 want the cap @ 95.

two most popular should be put up for a revote.
Are you serious i didn't even vote for 95 i voted for 92 and 95 has almost the same votes as every other option. I know your the pres and you want loopholes to try and get what you want but come on.

25Stat cap Empty Re: Stat cap 3/6/2012, 8:52 am

K!LLA B33 wrote:It looking like Wilson made a good 1st guess at a cap. Razz
Yeah i figured 92 would get picked thats why i didn't vote for 95. Good thing it did though 95 is really the best cap.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

» FORUMS » ONLINEMMA » Stat cap

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum