You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

RB: I'm here with FF WW fighter, Marco Cloud. How are ya feelin' Marco?
MC: I feel fine, you know, just training for my upcoming match against Zachery Boyd.

RB: How do you think you match-up with Boyd?
MC: Well, we're both 0-2 and we're both boxers... but both my losses were by submission and both his were by technical knockout. While both my losses were to the same guy, he lost to a man I thought won the title the other night.

RB: How have you been preparing for this fight?
MC: Mainly working on my wrestling and bjj, you know, so that when the fight does hit the mat I'm not a fish out of water.

RB: From what I have heard from my sources you plan on retiring on a loss?
MC: I never said that. I might just cut a ton of weight and move to Bushido if I can get a contract... WF is like DW... He doesn't always look at the record of the fighter... Sometimes he sees potential and maybe he'll give me two fights at featherweight.

RB: What are you at now, monday before the fights?
MC: I'm at about 172 but the weigh-ins aren't until tomorrow, so I've got time to drop that.

RB: We've talked about if you lose... what if you win?
MC: *sigh* well if I win, I'm then contractually obligated to fight another fight in FF... maybe that will trigger a momentum shift.

RB: Now, in your last bout with Clive Larson you told us you hurt your ankle. Can you explain what's wrong with it?
MC: Well I pinched some nerves on his takedown... it was bad. It's mostly healed now and Doesn't really hurt. Which is good, because the Painkillers I use aren't allowed to be in your system at the time of the post-fight drug test.

RB: There was some speculation that your brother Jose would be moving over from Kickboxing after his contract. How does that make you feel?
MC: It's cool and all... but the thing is I would never fight him... I couldn't. Plus we're two weightclasses apart and 4 if I drop to FW. It wouldn't really change anything for me.

RB: Why FW? Why not LW?
MC: I've tested the waters in LW and I just didn't like fighting there. I felt like I wasn't quick enough, but I think if I go to FW I can at least be a little quicker, even if those guys are extremely fast.

RB: well, that's all the time we have, thanks for coming on the show
MC: No problem, just give me a call any time.

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

Looks like the Welterweight division in Fight Force is back from the dead. We went from having few potential matchups and active fighters in that division to not only belting a champion but having many exciting fights.

Hopefully Clive Larson returns from his hiatus soon and if Kody Downs and Greg Martin come out of retirement , then there's plenty of great matchups to look forward to in a potentially stacked division. And who knows what new young up and comers show up as well, gives me chills.

Good luck to both Cloud and Boyd, win or loose just make sure you leave it all in the cage.
http://geekintomma.blogspot.com/

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum