You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

russianboy7

russianboy7
Bushido 20 was amazing! The fans held their breath through the whole evening as the fighters gave their all showing the true art of MMA. As a result of one of the battles- a new lightweight champion was crowned. Let's see how it went.

Lightweight Championship Dan Murphy vs Oliver Wood. Oliver Wood wins by Unanimous Decision. The fight was given the FOTN award.
It was a REAL kickboxing war from the start of the 1st round. About 98% of the fight was played on the feet giving the fight more intensity. A couple of clinches and takedowns were performed by Wood, but the fighters didn't stay there for too long and continued their battle on their feet. Both of the fighters took a great beating for each other. Even I would have never guessed who would win if there was a decision. The fight was surely close. At the end of 2 rounds the fighters were standing at either sides of the ref. The fans held their breath.....then....Oliver Wood's hand was raised! He walked out with a belt and a great respect from the fans.

Now let's review the rest of the card of course because I believe all of today's matches stood out and deserve being written about.

Welterweight Matchup
Gonzo Miller vs Jeremy Frost
Winner: Jeremy Frost via 1st Round Knockout
Pretty quick, but a great fight. Both stand up and ground were used. The fight ended on the feet, however. Gonzo fell flat on the ground after a body kick and a head kick from Jeremy Frost.

Light Heavyweight Matchup
Cedric Dorsey vs Ivan Pavlinsky
Winner: Ivan Pavlinsky via 1st Round Submission SOTN
Another great fight! A lot of great techniques from both sides. Ivan almost got knocked out by Cedric, but still didn't go for any takedown or clinches yet. He threw some body punches at Cedric who ran out of energy leaving himself vulnerable to clinches and takedowns. Ivan saw his chance, a clinch, a takedown and then the ground finished it after Ivan mounted Cedric and submitted him from there.

Welterweight Matchup
Jose Vickers vs JZ Webb
Winner: JZ Webb via 1st Round Submission
Another quick fight which quickly got to the ground. After a short ground battle JZ Webb finally saw his chance and submitted his opponent with an arm submission.

Middleweight Matchup
Marcus Savalas vs Jason Dunn
Winner: Jason Dunn via 1st Round Knockout KOTN
This was a very anticipated fight and it turned out great. It was also a war, but a very short one. Started out with punches and kicks from both sides. But, Dunn's striking power was greater and didn't pass much time as Savalas got knocked out from the ground.

I'd like to thank all of the fighters for showing respect to each other and touching gloves before the fights and for actually showing up for the fight. Also win or lose- you guys put on a wonderful show for the fans and I really appreciate that. You can't be too careful and somebody always makes mistakes so relax guys and have fun. I really appreciate Marcus Savalas, Gonzo Miller, and Jeremy Frost for taking their time and giving a pre-match interview for the fans and the whole OMMA world. If any of the fighters wish to give a post-match match interview hit me up and I'll try to find some time for you. Also, fans, for some of you who may not know tomorrow is the first Ultimate Combat event. They already have 4 fight cards for now and I'm pretty sure it will also be great so be sure to check that out. And, I wish you all a great day!

Droges

Droges

How many belt defenses did Murphy put up, 2 or 3?

Must have been great to watch this whole card live, looked awesome!

russianboy7

russianboy7
I'm not sure how many sorry

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

Droges wrote:How many belt defenses did Murphy put up, 2 or 3?

Must have been great to watch this whole card live, looked awesome!
Just once. Mad lol

Droges

Droges

If Dan Murphy needs a punching bag to get back on the road to lw bushido glory, Droges crew at Canadian Supremacy is here for him, that is as long as Mad Dog lets them out of their cage at some point. Cool

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum