You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RobiVio

RobiVio

I began to feel frustration as i made my way to my seat in the designated spot, even though we all know that these other seats are not going to get filled and people like a little space on a plane....but this time i couldn't complain. I found that sitting in the window seat to my aisle seat was none other than newly aquired Fight Force fighter Hector Castro. I had to jump on the opportunity to interview him and after minimal coaxing he gave in.

thank you for granting us this interview Mr. Castro, I know that talking to the press probably isn't top priority right now.

It's not a problem really, I'm actually surprised to get any press (chuckles)

Where do you train at Hector?

I am currently training a localized Gym outside Curitiba Brazil it's not an official MMA team Gym but they have some old timers there who have no problem beating the fight game into you.

well speaking of your fighting, tonight you certainly fought a fight worthy of getting some press, now as I understand you are a standup fighter? but your groundwork was put on display as you defended one of the most persistent ground onslaughts I've ever seen. Are you proud that you were able to hang on like you did for such a long period of time?

That's kinda like asking someone how they feel about being good enough to own a home but not good enough to defend it from an intruder...

I didn't mean to imply....

No, it's ok. I know you didn't mean anything by it, but lets be realistic. When you fight , you fight to win. You don't fight so everyone can marvel at the beating you were able to take.

Absolutely, I agree with that 100% but you have to atleast feel you made your mark in some form.

I think i definately got some people's attention, but that's the point. If i couldn't then i had no business in this business. I was scouted by Dan Murphy after an amateur fight and he was kind enough to get me set up with Fight Force and President Ele has been nothing but good to me since our first meeting,but i don't think i was able to show the people out there tonight what Dan Murphy saw in me before. I am going to make sure that my next fight is one that shows everyone why I'm here.

So you aren't discouraged at all?

Not at all, I am a fighter and fighters fight. Michael Jordan wasn't undefeated, neither was Pele....Hell, Fedor isn't even undefeated anymore! (chuckling) .....I will find my place, and I will make my name in Fight Force.

ok, last question sir....are you and Jorge Castro any relation?

What?!? Are you serious!?!? (erupting in laughter)

Don't you hate it when they do that? Hector Castro is a Welterweight fighter out of Brazil

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum