You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nyrico2007

Nyrico2007
Saturday's Strikeforce show countered by UFC Ommanewzlogo

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Another Strikeforce event. Another counter-programming special from Spike TV and the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

While Strikeforce hosts a Showtime-televised "St. Louis: Heavy Artillery" card on Saturday from the Scottrade Center, Spike TV airs seven of 2010's best UFC fights as part of a two-and-a-half hour "UFC Ultimate Fights" special that begins at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

Featured bouts includes the already-legendary WEC 48 fight between Leonard Garcia and Chan Sung Jung, as well a UFC 111 interim heavyweight title fight between Shane Carwin and Frank Mir.

Other bouts slated for the special include Mark Munoz vs. Kendall Grove (UFC 112), Terry Etim vs. Rafael Dos Anjos (UFC 112), Matt Serra vs Frank Trigg (UFC 109), Nate Diaz vs Rory Markham (UFC 111) and Paulo Thiago vs Mike Swick (UFC 109).

"Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery," which also airs at 10 p.m. ET/PT, features five main-card bouts, including headliners of heavyweight champ Alistair Overeem vs. Brett Rogers and ex-UFC champ Andrei Arlovski vs. former EliteXC champ Antonio Silva.

Other bouts include Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza vs. Joey Villasenor, Roger Gracie vs. Kevin Randleman and Antwain Britt vs. Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante.

Spike TV, the UFC's cable home since 2005, began counter-programming in 2008 when UFC Fight Night 14 went head-to-head with "Affliction: Banned." Since striking deal with CBS and Showtime, though, Strikeforce has since been a frequent target of the UFC's counter-programming. For example, Strikeforce's first CBS-televised event, "Fedor vs. Rogers" in November, went against a "UFC Main Events" two-hour special that featured four major bouts from the UFC's 2009 calendar.

funny, last time i heard UFCs counter showing beat or got close to Strikesforces Live events and they showed RERUNS!
LOL

Nyrico2007

Nyrico2007
I missed the UFC 112 so this is gonna get recorded for sure god bless the dvr !!!!

Strikeforce are gonna get put out of business sooner or later. May aswell just give up now...

Nyrico2007

Nyrico2007
I sure hope not ! I'm hopeing we can get even more Leagues UFC can't have a lock on things thats just bad for everone.

I don't mind UFC being number one or the only big show in town. As long as they still put on amazing fights and dont become to ridiculous im cool with it. I don't know which one i will watch, But i would like to see WEC 48 i missed it when it was on tv.

Nyrico2007

Nyrico2007
I would not mind but I think for the fighters sake the more competition the better. Not to mention if ufc was the only broardcast out there who would up and comeing fighters get exposure ?

Houston Gator

Houston Gator
I'll be watching strikeforce Smile

Geek

Geek

yea i think imma watch strikeforce

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum