You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
It has been brought to my attention that there are some moves that should be banned from league play. Apparently these moves have been test extensively and found exploitable, overpowered, etc. As you know, we pride ourselves on fairness so without question the following moves are banned.

~ Rolling Sabbot kick (both legs)
~ Karate Back Spin Kick to the body (both legs)
~ Lead Hand Stepping Body Hook
~ Buckling Short Takedown Striking
~ Outside Leg Trip Short Takedown
~ If you fail an arm triangle you must stand up

If you have given your fighter any of these moves you have 2 options.

~ 1. Redo career. Since you cant use these moves it will be beneficial to replace them with legal moves.
~ 2. Dont redo career and simply avoid using these moves during your league fights.

If you have any questions post them here.

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Wilson90 wrote:It has been brought to my attention that there are some moves that should be banned from league play. Apparently these moves have been test extensively and found exploitable, overpowered, etc. As you know, we pride ourselves on fairness so without question the following moves are banned.

~ If you fail an arm triangle you must stand up

If you have given your fighter any of these moves you have 2 options.

~ 1. Redo career. Since you cant use these moves it will be beneficial to replace them with legal moves.
~ 2. Dont redo career and simply avoid using these moves during your league fights.

If you have any questions post them here.

I strongly disagree with this

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

^ ^
Why?

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
Rainboi21 wrote:I strongly disagree with this
I learned about these moves after being directed to the UOC site. From my understanding they have a specific group of guys who test the game and have found these moves unfit for fair play. I'm not sure myself why they should be banned. I just took their word for it. Their choices may be opinionated so please let us know why you disagree. You may have a valid point and if so we will definately reconsider our decision.

gregstuna

gregstuna
if you fail an arm triangle you must stand up

i know that if you fail a arm triangle you are given half guard posture up

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
Thanks greg stuna. If any of you other guys know about the flaw in these moves please explain them so I as well as anyone else who isnt aware will know? Thanks

Geek

Geek

Wilson90 wrote:

Rolling Sabbot kicks interrupt any strike, strong or quick; It cannot be interrupted for sure, I've had it happen once or twice.

The Lead hand Stepping body hook plays the same roll as the Rolling Sabbots, it interrupts strikes paralyzing the opponent, and giving a free head shot almost 100% of the time, not blockable.

Karate Back Spin Kick to the body, I believe so don't quote me on this one, can't be interrupted or countered with any strike and cause tons of damage. It's a really fast move that causes mayhem.

The Takedowns are "Machida" Takedowns. You pretty much have to do whatever it takes to outshine your opponent to push off, anything else results in either you being in over/under, back clinch, or half guard. I've seen the Buckling short takedown in action full on and can vouch if you don't outshine you'll end up in one of those three positions, moreso the Halfguard but i haven't really seen the Outside leg trip.

Only one I haven't seen in action is the Karate Back Spin kick, but I've seen the others first hand. 1st two in alpha i believe and the Takedowns in Career of the finished game.

ele25

ele25

Charles Scott wrote:
Wilson90 wrote:

Rolling Sabbot kicks interrupt any strike, strong or quick; It cannot be interrupted for sure, I've had it happen once or twice.

The Lead hand Stepping body hook plays the same roll as the Rolling Sabbots, it interrupts strikes paralyzing the opponent, and giving a free head shot almost 100% of the time, not blockable.

Karate Back Spin Kick to the body, I believe so don't quote me on this one, can't be interrupted or countered with any strike and cause tons of damage. It's a really fast move that causes mayhem.

The Takedowns are "Machida" Takedowns. You pretty much have to do whatever it takes to outshine your opponent to push off, anything else results in either you being in over/under, back clinch, or half guard. I've seen the Buckling short takedown in action full on and can vouch if you don't outshine you'll end up in one of those three positions, moreso the Halfguard but i haven't really seen the Outside leg trip.

Only one I haven't seen in action is the Karate Back Spin kick, but I've seen the others first hand. 1st two in alpha i believe and the Takedowns in Career of the finished game.

scratch

You would think THQ would have that fix. Thank god. I havent purchased it yet. I'm going to wait quite sometime before even considering buying it.

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

^ ^
Dont wait. Get it now its worth it. The only bad part about these things is not being able to get fair ranked matches but I dont give a crap about ranked so it doesnt bother me. Just dont care so much about ranked and play primarily player matches or league fights where none of the cheese exists.

ele25

ele25

Sorry I will not spend 60 bucks on this game. Especially with the GOY the just right around the corner. Maybe in a few months when it drops in price.

Geek

Geek

ele25 wrote:Sorry I will not spend 60 bucks on this game. Especially with the GOY the just right around the corner. Maybe in a few months when it drops in price.

Whats the GOY right around the corner homie?

Charles Scott wrote:
ele25 wrote:Sorry I will not spend 60 bucks on this game. Especially with the GOY the just right around the corner. Maybe in a few months when it drops in price.

Game of year i guess. He should of put GOTY

ele25

ele25

Charles Scott wrote:

Mass Effect 3.

Does UFC still have that stupid code to play online?

Geek

Geek

ele25 wrote:
Charles Scott wrote:

Mass Effect 3.

Does UFC still have that stupid code to play online?

Ah forgot about that, I played the online Demo, looks solid, I never beat the 1st.

And yes, but it's something everybody gotta get use too. Almost all games are going to an online pass to make a profit from Gamestop and resells, the way it will be until the industry goes digital.

Mass Effect 3 will have it too Source

Geek

Geek

Source

Any xbox players looking to get UFC 3, Amazon has a temporary price drop on the 360 to 39

ele25

ele25

i might get it for xbox with my little bro.

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

Wilson90 wrote:
Rainboi21 wrote:I strongly disagree with this
I learned about these moves after being directed to the UOC site. From my understanding they have a specific group of guys who test the game and have found these moves unfit for fair play. I'm not sure myself why they should be banned. I just took their word for it. Their choices may be opinionated so please let us know why you disagree. You may have a valid point and if so we will definately reconsider our decision.

The short leg trip is a tool of Judo praticioners like Sexyama and quite frankly, it's easy to reverse if you're not gassed. It's a very useful weapon of guys like those.

I thought failing a mount arm-triangle put you in side control. Most fighters have an LB+Major Sweep that puts them in top side control. They have a small window where they can use that transition and it's not reversible coming off of a submission, putting them in EITHER Half guard top down or side control top depending on the move level and stamina of the other fighter.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum