You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BlazedGonzo

BlazedGonzo
OMMA IN EA's LEAGUE-A-PALOOZA! Battle of the Leagues!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello MMA fans, what a night it has been.
Moments ago was the end of EA Sports MMA Live Broadcast of League-A-Palooza, where 4 online leagues including the OMMA put their best fighters into the cage for a chance to have an event hosted by EA Sports in a Live Broadcast.

It all began at 6PM with the PS3's stepping into the cage. Fighters from the UOC, UFF, WEFL, and OMMA put on one hell of a show, but WEFL walked away with 2 Wins, including one win over OMMA's Ryan Carroll. Carroll, put on one hell of a show, but got caught with a counter which caused the end of the fight. UOC also walked away with a win as well as the UFF in the PS3 division.

The 360's began their war at 10PM with some big names walking into the cage, like current EA Middleweight Champion Jordan Pruitt. OMMA was represented by Taz, and Caesar, who both brought their A game to the cage. Taz was the second fight on the card and pulled off a nice victory over Eddie Stone of the UFF. Stone had the first round, but Taz switched up his style, and took the second and third round. Taz won by unanimous decision.
Caesar, or "Van Dur Duh" was up against UOC veteran Mark "Widow" Squeeks. Caesar started off with a full head of steam, but got caught in a Triangle Choke late in the first.

At the end of League-A-Palooza the score for the leagues was; UOC with 3 wins, followed by the UFF and WEFL with 2 victories and OMMA with 1. However This Could Change, With The Next League-A-Palooza Coming Up On The 19th!

After a great night of events, OMMA unfortunately only walks away with 1 victory at League-A-Palooza with Taz's decision. Hats off though, to all OMMA fighters, both that competed and those that were alternatives, you guys took time out of your schedule to represent your league, OMMA, and we at OMMA (including it Media department) thank you for what you did, win or lose, competing or being and alternative.

This is the Black House Welterweight and OMMA reporter,
the One And Only,
Gonzo "Ecko" Miller.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEDIA NOTICE!
If you are a top contender, or on the main card, and want an interview (Pre-Fight or Post Fight), please PM me, or another member of the Media Section (Droges)

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

Good write up Gonzo. As for the results. We only had 3 fights this round. The UOC had 5 and the UFF and WEFL each had 4. Each league lost 2 fights so we really shouldnt feel bad. Next round we'll have 5 fights. That gives us a good chance to make up ground. Good fights tho fellas and thanks for reppin OMMA.

primobigmoney

great read sir

BlazedGonzo

BlazedGonzo
thank you both. Good to know B33. Thanks for the info.

Droges

Droges

Thanks for the write Gonzo, I was going to do something too, so thats nice to see.
I watched Blake Thomas(Taz) VS Eddie Stone(Evil97) and it was a great match.

Fist round was a close stand up war with both guys dodging and parrying almost all shots from each other. Near midway though Evil97 started to find range and rattle Thomas. Even though the repeated attempts for take downs, Thomas still didn't want anything to do with the ground and just pushed Stone away and stood back up.

Round2 was near the same except this time however Thomas started to throw some high kicks and then found his range. At the end of round 2, Thomas was clearly wining this round by rocking Stone near the end.

Round3 kept the momentum with Thomas still keeping the fight standing. He continued to find a better homes for his punch and kicks. Stone was a tough competitor and was landing some good shots to put Thomas(taz) on the defense but once Thomas rocked Evil97 twice, it was pretty much done deal. Thomas had to much experience, he took full mount and then back mount, he continued to pound on Eddie Stone until it went to the cards with A UD in his favor.

Great fight for both but Blake Thomas' stock just rose and shows where is white masters comes from.

primobigmoney

gonna be great card on 19th i havea good chance im the only ommaguy on 2.2 lloll the 11 oclock card

taz19

taz19
Well written both man, Well observed. Before the fight, I had fought Jordan Pruitt which is in the league as Eddie. We had did our UOC fight. I was winning that fight too, till I got flashed K.O. They have many vids of me fighting and I knew they were telling every move I do. I had to come in with a new strategy. I noticed Eddie kept parrying my strong side. I was playing safe in the 1st round just to see Eddie's game plan. Once he took me down and almost got me to full mount, I knew I had to come strong in the 2nd and so on. I let my self loose, but didn't get carried away. Not to be cocky, but my stand up is one of the best, I've proven that, but I was a nervous wreck when Eddie got me to mount, but no matter what, I had to do my best and win for my league, and I did. SmileSmile
https://www.youtube.com/flames19

BlazedGonzo

BlazedGonzo
taz19 wrote:Well written both man, Well observed. Before the fight, I had fought Jordan Pruitt which is in the league as Eddie. We had did our UOC fight. I was winning that fight too, till I got flashed K.O. They have many vids of me fighting and I knew they were telling every move I do. I had to come in with a new strategy. I noticed Eddie kept parrying my strong side. I was playing safe in the 1st round just to see Eddie's game plan. Once he took me down and almost got me to full mount, I knew I had to come strong in the 2nd and so on. I let my self loose, but didn't get carried away. Not to be cocky, but my stand up is one of the best, I've proven that, but I was a nervous wreck when Eddie got me to mount, but no matter what, I had to do my best and win for my league, and I did. SmileSmile

Your standup is great Taz, I would not call that cockyness. When he had you in mount I thought it was going to be over, but you got out, and remained aggressive and took the win. It was great to watch.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum