You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

Since striker's challenge is kickboxing and it wasn't built into the game, it has to be regulated more by community members so I figured we should discuss what can be done and what can't be done.

first off everything here is set in stone
http://www.onlinemma.org/t2458-rules-please-read-1st

I'm going to primarily use K1 rules as a basis.

Clinching:
The double under hooks can be used but no strikes are allowed, if this is spammed or abused(referee's discretion) then a point is deducted. When the double underhooks are put on it's up to the defending fighter to push off and the fighter who initiated the double underhooks can't block the escape. If the escape is blocked by any fighter, then there is a point deduction to the person who blocked the escape.

Muay Thai clinch can be used but only 3 blows are allowed by the attacker (modified from K1's 1 knee rule). The defender can land as many attacks as he wants or transition to the over/under which no blows can be delivered and the fighters must separate with the same rules as underhooks (it's the defenders responsibility to escape). The Muay Thai clinch is the only clinch position where you aren't allowed a free escape unless the attacker uses all his 3 blows or 10 seconds pass.

When in any clinch position you cannot use it to alter ring position. In other words no pushing people up to the ropes unless they were already near by. No pushing them from the center of the ring or out of a corner.

You cannot transition from underhooks or over/under to Muay Thai clinch, if you do then a point is deducted. You can transition from Muay Thai to over/under to disengage the clinch.

Trips from the clinch are illegal and if done a point is deducted.

Takedowns:
Any takedown attempt is a point deduction. I know it's unforgiving but if we use warnings then it could be abused and the judges in the game count a takedown towards the player's score so it affects the decision.

Knockdowns:
When a knockdown occurs the fighter who is standing must back up to the other side of the ring until the in-game ref automatically stands it up. The fighter who was knockdown is allowed a standing 8 count to recover. Fighters must then touch gloves to signal the fight is back on. Failure to do any of this could lead to a point deduction (referee's discretion).

Players can only fall down to recover if they are rocked. If a player falls to the ground backwards and isn't rocked a point is deducted. This also counts as a knockdown.

TKOs are awarded in K1 for 3 successful knockdowns. However since the rounds in K1 are 3 minutes and rounds in SC are 5, I figure a 5 knockdown rule should be the TKO rule (1 knockdown per minute). So if a fighter suffers 5 total knockdowns in 1 round then it's a TKO. This resets every round so if you got knockdown 3 times in round 1, you will be allowed 5 knockdowns in round 2.

The Catch kick is allowed but doesn't count as a knockdown even if the fighter is rocked. Since it's not a knockdown it doesn't count towards the TKO rule and the fighter doesn't get a standing 8 count to recover. The fighter still standing must walk away to allow the ref in-game to auto standup but can immediately continue the attack without a glove touch (since it's not a knockdown).

Following someone after a knockdown is a automatic point deduction for the round, regardless of it was accidental (we can't have this abused). If you pound someone out or if the person can't recover when you are on top, the fight is issued a "No contest" or a "Disqualification" (referee's discretion).

Point Deductions:
When a point is deducted you will be notified either via voice or txt message and given a yellow card. It's 2 yellow cards then a red card. If given a red card then you are disqualified (3 strikes you're out rule).

Disqualifications can be challenged but only after the fight and at best a disqualification that is over-ruled will turn into a "No Contest".

Point Deductions can be challenged as well but only after the fight and the scoring will change accordingly.

Feel free to discuss and modify the rules till everyone at OMMA can agree on them.
http://geekintomma.blogspot.com/

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
There are 2 things I disagree with. 1) allowing transitions in the clinch. If you can transition you can push off. 2) 5 knockdown rule. I'm almost positive the game wont allow that many knockdowns in one round. I think after 3 the next will be a flash knockout. Other than that this is baically how it already is. The clinch has not been clarified in the rules though so I updated it but you're basically on the same track. Thanks.

Kingdaddydesmin

Kingdaddydesmin
What about if someone is throwing over 385 hooks and in 2 rounds without a single other strike of any sort including other types of punches should this be allowed ?

Goes down as spam in my book, If its a striking league should we not have to mix it up ?, even if it is the occasional jab or straight.

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

Kingdaddydesmin wrote:What about if someone is throwing over 385 hooks and in 2 rounds without a single other strike of any sort including other types of punches should this be allowed ?

Goes down as spam in my book, If its a striking league should we not have to mix it up ?, even if it is the occasional jab or straight.

I don' t think that's needed cause hook spamming isn't that effective if you're going up against someone who likes to jab or throw the push kick. Hooks to the body are also extremely vulnerable to head kicks. Unlike in the MMA leagues I'm sure everyone in SC has a push kick and their kicks maxed out since there's no need to have a ground game (or takedown defence or offense for that matter).

The best way to stop spammers isn't with rules but to show them their spam doesn't work, you knockout a body hook spammer with a head kick and odds are they won't be doing that again.

We might have to tweak our clinch rules a bit to help counter body spam though since the clinch is one of the most powerful tools to stop the spam.

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

I had a talk with Killa Bee and we both agree that strikes from the Mauy Thai clinch is now banned.

It's simply too hard to regulate since the current rules only allow a certain amount of strikes however the defender can just hold block to completely negate those strikes making the clinch worthless under current rules.

The alternative was to make the clinch a "throw move" where a fighter was allowed a free knee if they got the clinch but this would be too confusing to new comers.

We could have made the clinch unlimited like in Muay Thai Kick boxing but since the event takes place in England, I figured we should model it after European kickboxing rules which don't allow the muay thai clinch.

I'm sure most people in SC just want to stand and bang anyways so I don't think this will effect it too much.

Just to keep the rules simple and easy to understand

-you can't defend the push off from a clinch position, it's the defender's responsibility to push off
-You can initiate any clinch position you want, you just can't throw any strikes or change ring position

This makes the clinch similar to Fight Night, only used when in trouble or to stop the other person from counter attacking.

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
Sounds good.

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

Yeah the clinch is basically reduced to a survival tool. In other words you can clinch to buy some time to clear your head like in real life but you cant strike or deny the pushoff. Nobody has really used the clinch so far anyway so it shouldnt be a problem.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum