You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Marcus Savalas Interview Empty Marcus Savalas Interview 5/13/2011, 3:00 am

russianboy7

russianboy7
Middleweight Bout: Marcus Savalas 0-0 vs Jason Dunn 0-0
Marcus Savalas Interview 772a0011 Marcus Savalas Interview 772a0012
Reporter: Hello OMMA world!!! We have Marcus "The Sensation" Savalas joining us here today.

Marcus: Yep. It's true. The one and only. (laughs)

Reporter: Haha! First of all, welcome to OMMA and welcome to Bushido. What are your thoughts and comments on this league and on OMMA so far? How do you feel about getting a chance to fight and prove yourself here.

Marcus: It's a little overwhelming to be perfectly honest. I was just taking on my first amatuer fight 3 years ago. It's amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it man. So far, they guys at OMMA have been nothing but respectful and accomodating. This is it. This is the day I've been waiting for. I'm very excited to have finally made it to the big leagues and plan on leaving it all in the cage Saturday night.

Reporter: Before we go off talking about your first fight tell us a little about yourself and what inspired you to become the MMA fighter?

Marcus: Well, I didn't exactly have the perfect, or ideal, upbringing. I was always getting into trouble and was constantly in and out of juvenile facilities. When I was 23 I stumbled across a local gym and they just so happened to train MMA. At this point in my life, I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. I needed money. Two months after joining I took my first fight and won. I was hooked. Nine amatuer fights later...I'm here.

Reporter: In a few days you make your debut against middleweight fighter Jason Dunn. How do you feel about that fight?

Marcus: Jason Dunn is an awesome fighter and, although this will be his first Professional Debut, he has already made his name well known in this sport. You can YouTube him and will get a night's worth of Highlight reels to watch. I know he wants to keep the fight standing - that's his strong spot. With all that said, I feel I'm better on the feet. I think my kicks and kick range will be the edge for me. He's a great boxer and hits very hard, but lacks the technical skill my Kickboxing career has granted me. Win or Lose, it's going to be a war. I'm hungry. He's hungry. Someone is going to sleep.

Reporter: Yeah that's right Jason Dunn also happens to make his debut on May 14th against you. And I yes I've heard of Jason Dunn's awesome fights before and I'd say he's pretty good. How do you feel about that?

Marcus: I'm very excited. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. After all, this is a huge day for me and has the potential to catapult my career. I've trained long and hard. This is my time.

Reporter: Any words to your opponent

Marcus: I respect you now. I'll resepct you after the fight. But Saturday night, you're just some guy trying to take away my dream and my paycheck. (Brief pause) You know I can't let that happen.

Reporter: Alright! Well, it's been a privilege having you here. I wish you best of luck on your fight. Thank you for your time Marcus.

Marcus: Thanks for having me.

Reporter: That's it for now folks! Have a good day and don't forget to watch the Big Fight Night this Saturday!

2Marcus Savalas Interview Empty Re: Marcus Savalas Interview 5/13/2011, 6:31 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

Nice article. I'm looking forward to seeing this matchup.

3Marcus Savalas Interview Empty Re: Marcus Savalas Interview 5/13/2011, 8:53 pm

russianboy7

russianboy7
Thanks me too

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum