You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ultimate Combat idea --- Empty Ultimate Combat idea --- 5/18/2011, 4:32 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

4 well established fighter grand prix (prixs? prixi? whatever) to determine belt holders.

for each division in UC. The thing is, you can start the heavies and start the tourney, and have 1 fight headline a card - 3 other fights. Then next week start the light heavy and let the 2nd heavy fight go - 2 other fights. then start the mw, 3rd hw fight, and 2nd lhw - 1 other fight. then the 3rd LH, the 2nd MW and the first WW.

etc.

If you're a visual person, just imagine it like this.

So it'd go like this

UC 3: Heavyweight GP starts - 1st fight, winner advances to final.
UC 4: Heavyweight GP continues, LHW starts.
UC 5: Heavyweight GP closes out and champ is crowned, LHW 2nd fight and MW 1st fight
UC 6: Light Heavy closes out, MW 2nd fight and WW 1st fight.
UC 7: MW final, WW 2nd fight, LW 1st fight
UC 8: WW final, LW 2nd fight
UC 9: LW final.

and it doesn't have to be in that order. it can be any division order. I did it in a way no two GP had the final on the same event. I think it would be a big draw and it would never completely fill a fight card.

I know I don't run the league, so It's just an idea. But it doesn't have to be just this... it could be some variation and it would still make watching the UC much more fun.

2Ultimate Combat idea --- Empty Re: Ultimate Combat idea --- 5/18/2011, 5:51 pm

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
Sounds like a pretty good idea but I think its somthing to see further down the road. The UC doesnt have enough active people in it yet so right now we're just matching up who we can so we can at least have a card. Right now the only thing that would make the UC more fun is more signups. Laughing

3Ultimate Combat idea --- Empty Re: Ultimate Combat idea --- 5/18/2011, 5:59 pm

ele25

ele25

We tried a grand prix before and ended in utter failure..if you want to run i will give you a site that makes Tourney brackets for yea.

Challonge.com is the site...its free too..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum