You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Falcao released! Empty Falcao released! 5/13/2011, 9:02 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

apparently he was released due to an assault charge dating all the way back to 2002... I personally think this is a huge mistake on the UFC's part. The guy was just establishing himself as a force to be reckoned with and he gets kicked out... What do you guys think?

SOURCE: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Maiquel-Falcao-Released-by-UFC-Will-Not-Compete-at-Rio-32255

2Falcao released! Empty Re: Falcao released! 5/14/2011, 6:52 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

Wow

3Falcao released! Empty Re: Falcao released! 5/14/2011, 7:55 pm

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

K!LLA B33 wrote:Wow

I know? Right when he was establishing himself as a great prospect, too.

4Falcao released! Empty Re: Falcao released! 5/14/2011, 9:47 pm

ele25

ele25

Was he finally convicted? or was it a past conviction?

5Falcao released! Empty Re: Falcao released! 5/15/2011, 12:33 am

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

ele25 wrote:Was he finally convicted? or was it a past conviction?

I'm fairly sure it was a past conviction that he lied about. Convicted felons aren't allowed to fight in the UFC, ala Chael Sonnen

6Falcao released! Empty Re: Falcao released! 5/15/2011, 12:39 am

ele25

ele25

But if he seems remorse for his actions I can not see why this man can not fight...o well. UFC playing Favorites. again. THey will never kick Sonnen out.

7Falcao released! Empty Re: Falcao released! 5/15/2011, 12:45 am

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

ele25 wrote:But if he seems remorse for his actions I can not see why this man can not fight...o well. UFC playing Favorites. again. THey will never kick Sonnen out.

true, first he roids against Marquardt, and then Silva, then he gets convicted of a felony and all he has is "Suspended indefinitely" whereas Falcao got chopped like, immediately.

8Falcao released! Empty Re: Falcao released! 5/15/2011, 12:59 am

ele25

ele25

Because Sonnen brings in Money with his oversized mouth.

9Falcao released! Empty Re: Falcao released! 5/15/2011, 1:01 am

Rainboi21

Rainboi21

ele25 wrote:Because Sonnen brings in Money with his oversized mouth.

Remember, he's "gonna retire Silva"? ... lol.

10Falcao released! Empty Re: Falcao released! 5/18/2011, 3:30 pm

ultranova5000

ultranova5000

I can see this cause that last fight he had against Gerald Harris was a snooze fest. Not only did he not engage at all in round3 but it was just terrible with no excitement what so ever.

It can be argued that it wasn't Falcao's fault since he was winning the fight and Harris needed to pick it up a bit but there's already way too many fighters in the UFC that play it safe. It can also be argued that a fighter's job is to win his fight not to entertain however Dana will try to work with a fighter that the casual fans remember cause it means money in PPVs. Look how long he kept Kieth Jardine in cause of his draw (he was cheered in the strikeforce bout even though he never stood a chance against mousashi) or kept Kimbo due to his appeal. Dana doesn't care how good a fighter is, he only cares about how many PPVs he can sell with them which is another reason I don't like the PPV model of the sport.

IF the sport wasn't on PPV and was all about sponsors, we wouldn't need all these cuts and other crap that has been going on but it's unlikely it will stop being PPV cause Zuffa makes bank off of the current model. Since the PPV buys fluctuates, Dana has to worry about every individual card and how much money it makes, so boring unknown fighters get cut, I don't care what Falcao did in other leagues, he screwed up his debut with that performance and it cost him the UFC.

http://geekintomma.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum