You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RobiVio

RobiVio

Gotta say that i'm definately feeling privelidge to say that i'm being joined right now by the FIGHT FORCE president, and he has given us a grand opportunity to interview him and pretty much give a "State of the FIGHT FORCE" address....

First things first how does it feel to be the head of FIGHT FORCE?The pressure, The expectations from everyone, and not to mention being in charge of all of those fighters futures, I'm sure it is a trying experience?

-It is an honor to be the president of Fight Force. I get to play Dana White and Joe Silva at the same time. So I get to be a hard ass, with a big mouth. And Set up cards. How awesome.

Speaking of experiences,I would be amiss as a reporter to not mention one of the first things that happened with you at the helm of FIGHT FORCE. The Tournament that was scheduled was as you said yourself a nightmare.Now it's easy to say things on the outside looking in,and we never know how things go between management and camps,but is there anything that you feel could have been handled differently?

-The Grand Prix Tournaments were a fail. I honestly do not know what else I could have done. I went out of my way to let fighters know who they were fighting and give them due dates. Even extending the due dates. Fighters did not fight. It is not my fault then. If there is going to be a tourney again it will not be for awhile.

Now you are coming off of one of the most highly rated FIGHT FORCE cards ever, how important was it for FIGHT FORCE 7 "the returns"to be a success?

- It had to be. That was the return of Fight Force. I told each fighter that they better fight there damn hearts out for this card and every card I put them on. I want each card to be better than the last.

How much did that Card mean to you in particular? as a president it has to mean alot to see your company succeed on such a grand scale.

-Meant a lot. Those fighters out there gave it there all. They put on a amazing show for the fans. That is what the sport is for the Fans. Without them we have nothing.

On the card there were some debuts and some awaited returns to the cage, how important do you feel it is for there to be new faces mixed in with the faces of the veterans?

-New Faces were trying become the future legends of MMA. Veterans were trying to make there spot in history.

We also said goodbye to a longtime fan favorite in Brandon Silkowski,What kind of blow is the loss of Brandon Silkowski to the Roster of FIGHT FORCE and have you spoke to him since he left the company?

-I think it is a huge blow to us. Actually losing both Silkowski Brothers really hurts us. The offically announce their retirement from MMA. They are done. It was sad to see such young fighters go. They felt that they have more to offer has trainers than as fighters though. They will be greatly missed.

we all know you've been close to both brothers throughout their careers, is there any chance of possible return matchups for either? alot of people have spoke about a Cyborg vs Dan Silkowski rematch for a while, and there are a plethora of reasons for a guy like Brandon to come back for another run. do you really think this is the end of the road for these two?

-Dan vs Ceasar. If you saw that fight it was pretty much one sided. There would be no rematch. Cesar is the better fighter. Brandan and Dan are done. Will they make a comeback. Maybe. But honestly Dan and Brandan are kinda fed up with all the drama this sport brings. People call thing them out for no reason. Saying one fighter is ducking, when he openly admits that the fighter who is call calling him out is better and won't let it go. It seems like everyone has a hard on for these guys and all they are are great down to earth guys who love this sport. They rather just be Trainers and coaches. That was there dream from the start anyways.

We have seen the heavyweight division here in FIGHT FORCE struggle recently, is this a contract matter or more of different management teams trying to pick their spots maybe?

-HW has always been a thin division for the entire OMMA community. Just like LW. We just don't have enough fighters there.

The FIGHT FORCE Heavyweight division will be on display on this card when Massimo Nakamura faces Hector Martinez, how important do you feel it is that these two heavyweights make an impression on the FIGHT FORCE fans?

-We need these Heavyweights to make it a good fight. Show that we need more heavyweights to come here and fight. That we want the best Heavyweights we can get to come compete in Fight Force.

With FIGHT FORCE 8 on the horizon, who are you particularly waiting to see?

-I really want to see Hector Castro fight. That boy has some huge heart. Taking a beating from a physical freak like Brandan and being able to walk away from it. That takes some heart. Not many guys can make it that far with him. I also want to see the Greg Martin vs. Scott Crawford fight, both Vets OMMA and Fight Force. I really like the entire Fight Force 8 card though some great match ups there.

Greg Martin is another subject I wanted to touch for a moment, he just scored a hell of a win over Thiago Alves at FIGHT FORCE 7. factor in the Silkowski brothers departure and Do you feel that it is finally his "time" as they say?

-No. Not yet. He has a losing record. He is going to have to put a string of wins on before he gets a shot at the title.

When our original press releases came out , the matchups were a rematch between Greg Martin and Thiago Alves with Hector Castro Facing Scott Crawford. What led to the changes on the card?

-Greg Martin finished Thiago with a Americana. Thiago Tapped. Greg was the better fighter that night. Scott Crawford only loss came from Ryan Murray, who is 2-1 in Bushido. I feel like that can be a better match up. Castro facing Alves gives both fighters a chance to redeem themselves after a tough loss. In my opinion these match up make it a better card.

I would also be neglecting my duties as a reporter if I didn't mention the recent discussions amongst the OMMA community regarding the deep talent pool of FIGHT FORCE and about the possible crowning of champions in FIGHT FORCE. Are there any plans in the works now or is this something that fans may have to wait for later on down the road?

-Champion ship bouts will happen down the road yes. It is going to take a few cards before we can establish a few contenders for the belt.

Are you ready expecting this show to be as big of a hit as the last event?

- It better be better than Fight Force 7. That is what is has to be. I tell the fighters to end there fights. End them due your best to not go to decision. Make it a fight the Fans will remember for a long time.

What do you have to say to the critics of FIGHT FORCE?

-What do I have to say? Nothing. Let them talk all they want. The fighters here fight. That is what matter to me.

BlazedGonzo

BlazedGonzo
Good read. I hope you guys talk to the Bushido president yo.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum