Geek

Geek

BUSHIDO 9
"Day of Reckining"

Signup period: Sunday Feb 20 to Saturday Feb 26
Last day to fight: Saturday Feb 26
Live Broadcast date: Saturday Feb 26 @ 7pm est
Fight Card: View

Description: The title says it all. Its judgement day for the LW divison as Dan Murphy looks to defend his title against top contender Yoshihiro Sato who is coming of of a stunning upset over Cesar Azevedo. Also on the card we Kip Johnson who is coming off of an upset win himself over prevously undefeated Eduardo Filho. He takes on jiu jitsu artist Marcelo Gracie. The card also contains Eduardo Filho as he looks to rebound from his disappointing loss to Kip Johnson.

If you are interested in particapating in one of these events simply register and click the "About Us" button in the navbar for all the neccessary info.

BlazedGonzo

BlazedGonzo
Sounds intense yo

Geek

Geek

**** Media Day****

*Bushido President, Charles Scott, takes the podium*

1st and foremost thank you for being here today, we got a lot of news to go through including a Championship belt on the line so i hope you guys are as excited as i am. So without much hesitation, I present the MAIN CARD

Lightweight Title Matchup (Main Event)

Dan Murphy vs. Yoshihiro Sato

Dan Murphy captured the belt After defeating WW sensation Cesar Azevedo, who dropped weight to take this fight. This 2 Round war was hailed as one of the best fights of 2011.

Yoshihiro Sato proved his true grit after defeating Cesar Azevedo via 1st rnd KO and establishing himself as the new title contender at 155lbs.

Geek

Geek

Light Heavyweight Matchup

Kip Johnson vs. Marcelo Gracie
Kip Johnson is on a tear in the LHW division, defeating both Charles Carter & #2 P4P fighter in th world, Eduardo Filho at Bushido 8. His body of work needs no enhancing, he's coming to fight.

Marcelo Gracie is making his return to the Ring after a disappointing KO to Eduardo Filho at Bushido 2. He's looking to make a ripple in the deep LHW division and place his name among the contenders.

Geek

Geek

Light Heavyweight Matchup

Eduardo Filho vs. Quentin Hornbuckle
Eduardo Filho, coming off his only loss, is primed and ready to start collecting more victims. With an impressive 6 fight win streak, The only setback came via submission but you can bet he's ready to show the world once again why he is 205 elite.

Quentin Hornbuckle makes his Bushido debut this Saturday against a OMMA Veteran. But if styles make matches, I can already see a standup block party going down.

Geek

Geek

Welterweight Matchup

Gonzo Miller vs. Cesar Azevedo
Since Miller lost his first match vs Joshua Montgomery, all of his last opponents have tapped under his will. Domination looks to be his focus and i doubt that shall change come Saturday.

Shout the Name Cesar Azevedo down any hallway of the sold out arena and everyone will start naming different war stories. Defeat of Silkowski, Knockout of Jay, war with the Wasp Nest, and the only man to take the Demolition Man Murphy to his limits. Saturday is a defining moment in his career. Lets see how this one plays out

Geek

Geek

****Undercard****

I know alot of you press guys have been wondering about the Bushido 9 undercard. Currently our matchmakers are determining the best matchups and trying to comply with matchup requests, so at this time i will have to take a leave from this press conference and update you guys win the official Bushido Undercard has been ticketed. Thank You

Droges

Droges

great card summary, this is the shiat that fans come to see.
I shouldn't post here should I? please delete if thats the case.

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
^ ^
No you're good. Wink

Good work with the updates Charles. I was expecting a simple update on the new matchups but the additional summarys is that much better. Props.

Geek

Geek

****Breaking Media Event****

**Bushido President Charles Scott enters room bearing a smile along with his planner/folder possibly holding matchup updates.**

What's up guys, know I kept you on edge, hopefully you're sweating like our guys and board members were sweating to get these matchups set in stone. So here ya go.

Heavyweight Matchup

Chuck Larson vs. Zhane Hamilton
Chuck Larson is a Bushido HW newcomer. Looking over tape of his amateur/pro career before being signed to Bushido shows Larson i a No joke Fellow. Even among all disciplines, this Minneapolis Minnesota native is looking to give Zhane Hamilton all he can handle.

Zhane Hamilton comes into this bout after a crushing submission defeat to Masaru Maeda. That is nothing to hold his head down for as the matchup was tensely awaited and Maeda isn't a Pushover sporting a 3-1 record in an Up and coming division. Training with Team Wasp Nest, Expectations are High for Mr. Hamilton but he's shown he has what it takes to battle with the best.

Geek

Geek

Heavyweight Matchup

Antonio Dorsey vs. Terrence Silva
Antonio Dorsey entered his Bushido career at Bushido 5 with a blazing KO of Roy Nelson, but suffered defeat to Zhane Hamilton, fellow Wasp Nest member. He enters the ring solid across all boards though and personally, looks scary coming into this fight. Silva isn't a pushover, but he better be ready for this test.

Now Enters Mr. Silva, the only man to defeat Masaru Maeda. That speaks volumes in a division Maeda has all but torn up. Silva, Canada native, looks to use his wrestling to stop Dorsey's brawling style. Time will tell if Silva's upside is what we all expect and his firs step starts Saturday.

Geek

Geek

Welterweight Matchup

Ryan Murray vs. Lethal Clown
Ryan Murray suffered his first hearbreaking defeat at Bushido 8 against Gonzo Miller. His stock took a minor hit but he still has huge upside. He put away his firs two opponents in impressive fashion and has shown implications of greatness. Being a generalist, he looks to confuse Clown with all of his disciplines.

Lethal Clown hasn't fought since defeating Rickson Rojas at Bushido 2, but looks to quickly restate hi claim in the WW division. His brawling style matches up great with Murray's general style and looks to give us one heck of a match.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum