You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ele25

ele25

Alright we all want those super fights and the one we want to see now is GSP vs Anderson Sliva. Everyone but me. Not because I am worried about Anderson losing to GSP or vise versa. It is because it will be so hyped up and be a let down. Here is why:

GSP is a smart fighter. Anderson is a Smart fighter. Both guys have dominated there W/C for a long time now. But this fight here between them is destined to fail. Why? Because both guys are smart. Anderson we all know loves to catch people when the make a mistake, I always have considered him a Passive Counter Striker. He moves great to avoid punches and kicks. Do you think honestly for one second GSP will enter a fight like that with Anderson know. GSP will go to his wrestling which he is great at, but once it gets to the ground I see each other cancel each others skills there. Anderson a BLack belt in BJJ, GSP if am right also has a Black belt in BJJ and a great wrestler. But Anderson ground game has always been underrated because of his TDD, yes that is apart of it but yet he also can fight off his back very well.

This is how theory 1 will play out because of this:

GSP will score a TD and lay on Anderson. Anderson will do well enough to hold GSP from causing damage or moving to a more dominate position. This will happen the entire fight. GSP wins via decision. And the fight is a major let down and also will hurt the reputation of the UFC and MMA.

Now if Anderson surprises and comes it with TDD. The fight is standing. Anderson hardly engages his opponents he wants them to engages him. THen he catches them. Anderson wants that but GSP wont let that happen he is to smart. We see a fight with very little action on the stand up. This how theroy 2 will play out then:

Anderson, who is imo the better striker, will do enough to win by decision if the fight is standing. But we get another Damian Mia vs Anderson Silva showing. Except without the showboating. Anderson wins via Decision. The fight is a major let down. And will hurt both the UFC and MMA reputation.

Now for the best theory of them all. And has very little chance of happening.

The fight does not happen. lol JK. Because it will. Both fighters go out there and lay it on the line. And fight to fight.The result who knows. Either one can win. By decision, TKO, KO, Sub, w/e. The fight will be exciting and will live up to all the hype. I can dream can't I?

This no way attempting to say either fighter is great or not. I am just saying that each others styles does not match up and will not live up to the hype the UFC will market it for. Sorry This fight should only remain a dream for us to we can speculate how it could happen. So we will never be let down. We can at least hope it could have been a great fight.

Cesar Cyborg

Cesar Cyborg

GSP is a good striker. I think GSP's downfall would be strenght of a bigger guy and AS reach.

ele25

ele25

I wasnt saying the GSP isnt a good striker. A.Silva is just a better striker.

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

This will happen if both GSP and Anderson win their next bouts. Dana already said it. It could very well play out like you stated but I'm leaning towards Anderson owning GSP like GSP has never been owned. Its a super fight which is what Anderson wants so I dont see him fighting with out the classic killer instinct he's showed us in the past.

ele25

ele25

If the Anderson of Old comes out..I fear for GSP life. We saw what he did to Rich twice. If that guy shows up. GSP will need to find a new career.

I forgot about that. But Who is GSP fighting next?

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

ele25 wrote:If the Anderson of Old comes out..I fear for GSP life. We saw what he did to Rich twice. If that guy shows up. GSP will need to find a new career.

I forgot about that. But Who is GSP fighting next?

Jake Shields

ele25

ele25

Ooo that fight for sure is destined for boredom

Mr LeEo

Mr LeEo
silva could fight at light heavy if he wanted and GSP would stuggle at middle....if they could find a good catch weight very good fight but not gonna happen

ele25

ele25

GSP has to come to Middleweight. Silva is already to lean as it is. No way can he drop 5lbs and be healthy..

Mr LeEo

Mr LeEo
that the very reason they should'nt fight...maybe gsp drop down and fight edgar. and silva go up and fight rue

ele25

ele25

This fight is happen if both fighters win there next fight. If not it wont.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum