You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Josh Kosheck Empty Josh Kosheck 11/11/2010, 1:03 am

ele25

ele25

Everyone hates Josh Kosheck why? Easy he is a dick. He has even admitted to being one. For his upcoming fight against GSP. Kos has been played out to be the Bad Boy, so we have a good vs. evil fight, right? But do you really understand why he is the way he is?

Probably not.

Here is an in sight of the World of PA wrestling. Wrestling is almost the most popular High School sport in PA. Especially in the Area I am in. Wrestlers are breed from a young age, basically they start at 5 years of age. There parents tend to also be Wrestlers, as well as there grandparents maybe. Wrestling in there home life is god, almost. Now there kids are taught to be the best. The of course give them all of the confidence in the world. When you have a wrestler like Kos on your team, he is well treated differently in a way. No he isn't the most popular guy in school, near it though.

Wrestlers that come from PA can leave the state and move almost any were and become a instant starter for a HS. For example, my brother was watching the State Championship for RI for wrestling. He was just amazed at how bad they really are, he was like, this is an exact quote, "They are doing moves that I learned in Knee High." Not saying he doesn't either but you could clearly tell these kids where not at the same level as he was or his team is. Even I was offered a starting spot on my HS wrestling team in NC just because I was from PA, and I havent wrestled since 2nd grade.

PA wrestling training even at a young age, is just well amazing. They are taught from an early age how to maintain weight. There cardio training is just purely crazy, I almost pass out from watching. Up downs, sprints, 10 min wrestling rounds, and more are just some of things I have saw from them. When they reach Middle School usually they join the team in 7th grade. They begin weight lifting, sometimes earlier if you are lucky enough in a wrestling family. This kids are strong as fuck when the leave HS.

The Team atmosphere is total insane and this is where Kos attitude is from. They constantly play meaningless pranks on each other, even on the Coach. This is accepted especially when the teams are on sleep over toruneys. One example I have heard of a prank was my brother and his friend took everyone's pillows from there rooms, don't ask how he got in there because I don't know, and placed them in his room and made a fort. Very simple pranks. Nothing harmful. Trash talking to each other is normal and little nuisance picking is more than common.

So when you here Kos the guy who seems like a an asshole. Or a dick. Reality is all wreslters that I know are like Josh in many ways. Josh maybe a little worse than them. That is how they are. I am not here to say you have to like or not like Josh. I tried my best to explain how and why Josh is the way he is.

Also my predicition to win TUF. Nam Pham. That's right that boy can fight. Black belt in BJJ and has amazing striking, I would fear him.

I hope this can strike and interesting conversation amongst us. Because really this forum bored is a little dull at the moment

2Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 11/11/2010, 3:08 am

xxXXLights outXXxx

xxXXLights outXXxx
thank it was a fun to read it and nam pham is going to lose by mmm let me think mmm its a hard 1 let me thing mmmmmm mybe a sub tongue

3Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 11/11/2010, 5:25 am

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

Good read and I agree this forum is kinda dull. Its bcuz ppl register then never post. I understand that not everyone is a blogger but damn say something. lol when we start getting more events rolling I think it'll pick up tho. Just promote whenever you get the chance. The more ppl the better. Eventually we'll get some ppl who will be active.

4Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 11/11/2010, 10:34 am

ele25

ele25

xxXXLights outXXxx wrote:thank it was a fun to read it and nam pham is going to lose by mmm let me think mmm its a hard 1 let me thing mmmmmm mybe a sub tongue

5 of his loses are buy decision two came from top quality Josh Thompson and Bill Evanlegista. And two losses by TKO. This kid is also a black belt in BJJ and has pretty damn good stand up. I don't seen anyone as good as him in those areas. Who is really better than him? Micheal Johnson, yea right the boy has talent but he his like Brock Lesnar IMO. And well Bruce LeRoy is just a douche and he is just a slacker. Honestly out of all the Guys there Nam Pham and Brookins (GSP Team) are probably guys that I would consider professionals. Who can be one day top fighters in the UFC.

5Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 11/13/2010, 7:48 pm

ele25

ele25

Lets get this Convo more intense come on.

OO and BUMP!!!

6Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 11/14/2010, 11:03 am

Droges

Droges

I don't hate Josh just because he is overly confident and arogant. You have to be in some way to practice MMA.

I think he is quite the character and he brings some interesting fights to mma because he is a true heel.

I saw one tuf show where he said if we hung out with him, we would love him to. I think thats far from the truth. I don't hate him but I defintely don't want to hang out with him listening about how great he is.

GSP has his number.

7Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 11/14/2010, 3:18 pm

ele25

ele25

Droges wrote:I don't hate Josh just because he is overly confident and arogant. You have to be in some way to practice MMA.

I think he is quite the character and he brings some interesting fights to mma because he is a true heel.

I saw one tuf show where he said if we hung out with him, we would love him to. I think thats far from the truth. I don't hate him but I defintely don't want to hang out with him listening about how great he is.

GSP has his number.

I don't know GSP caught off guard and didnt finish him either. Like most of GSP's fights, GSP doesn't finish them. That is not a respectable champion or Fighter IMO. Also in most opinions, Kos did it against Daley, which I was a little downer, but can GSP handle a punch?? He doesn't strike anymore since the Matt Serra fight were he got finished. He is afraid in to get hit GSP is. GSP is not a Champion he only holds a belt. A champion risk everything to win fights and end them. Whens last time we have seen GSP finish a fight?

8Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 11/14/2010, 5:55 pm

Droges

Droges

ele25 wrote:

I don't know GSP caught off guard and didnt finish him either. Like most of GSP's fights, GSP doesn't finish them. That is not a respectable champion or Fighter IMO. Also in most opinions, Kos did it against Daley, which I was a little downer, but can GSP handle a punch?? He doesn't strike anymore since the Matt Serra fight were he got finished. He is afraid in to get hit GSP is. GSP is not a Champion he only holds a belt. A champion risk everything to win fights and end them. Whens last time we have seen GSP finish a fight?

Well GSP did try to finish off Dan Hardy was the most recent attempt, he just didn't have the tecnique, it wasn't from not trying.
Other fights would be he stopped mat Hughes and BJ couldn't even continue when they fought.

But I agree he fights way more carefull and Kos can easily catch him and drop him for sure.

As for GSP not being a champion, I wouldn't really agree with that. He brings the fight and tries to finish every time unlike someone like Rashad Evans that plays into the judges by going to the cards.

GSP has the skills to keep the belt, KOS also has the skills to take the belt.
GSP is not my favorite fighter by any means but I see him doing the same to KOS as the first fight.

9Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 11/14/2010, 6:06 pm

ele25

ele25

GSP could have finish the Hardy fight. Snap his arm simple. He had that Kimura locked and even Rogan and everyone else stated that. He just didnt have the heart to hurt him, put Hughes or BJ in that Position and guess what Hardy wouldn't have had his last fight.

He hardly tries to finish fights, the Greg Jackson gym method is Lay and pray, which works. That is just making the fight boring for the fans who spend "Hard" earn money to watch him fight. GSP is not a real champion, he is just a belt holder until he proves it.

Sorry GSP you sob stories of being bullied don't play on me.

GO KOS!!!!

10Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 11/14/2010, 8:54 pm

Cesar Cyborg

Cesar Cyborg

I been wrestling since 4 my dad went to college for it. I suck though its not my most favorite sport mainly because im husky(Fat). I love to do it though the work outs are intense try running for 40 minutes in an 80 degree room with no fan or water breaks and 70 other kids breathing. That is why you never see wrestlers gas out. We dont practice for 6 minute matches we practice for 20 minutes str8 up wrestling and then cardio at the end.

My HS team:

20-40 minute run.
1 hour- coach teaches use our mistakes and we drill.
30 minute- live wrestling
30 minutes of cardio

And on a good day we get a water break.

11Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 11/14/2010, 9:25 pm

ele25

ele25

Cesar Cyborg wrote:

My HS team:

20-40 minute run.
1 hour- coach teaches use our mistakes and we drill.
30 minute- live wrestling
30 minutes of cardio

And on a good day we get a water break.

Thats like a dream day for my brother lol. They throw in Weight Lifting, Cardio at the start and end of practice as well. I swear I have never smelt as anything as bad as him when he is done wrestling.

But your right that room is ridiculous and wrestler never gas out, especially the lighter guys.

12Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 11/15/2010, 2:05 pm

Droges

Droges

ele25 wrote:GSP could have finish the Hardy fight. Snap his arm simple. He had that Kimura locked and even Rogan and everyone else stated that. He just didnt have the heart to hurt him, put Hughes or BJ in that Position and guess what Hardy wouldn't have had his last fight.
.....-cut-

You think he didn't want to finish him? he kept trying different positions to lock it in deeper. He is a good actor then.

I understand what you're saying but I think you are peggy GSP wrong. He is forsure more careful and definitely takes it to the ground now but I don't agree thats its the lay-n-pray stradegy. If that is truely the case, then yes get the belt away from him and give it to someone that is going to give 100% and not try and take it to the cards on purpose.

Not a fan of the Jackson camp either.

Being Canadian, I have to go with GSP. I doubt this fight will go to the cards and believe it will be GSP with his hand raised. If it does go to the cards and its a dan hardy remake then you do have more weight to what your saying. I still find it hard to consider when he made BJ quit and destroyed Mat Hughes twice.

13Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 12/2/2010, 12:03 pm

Droges

Droges

Man, I watched another eposiode of tuf where bruce leroy faught his campmate. Koscheck was really trying to get in under gsp skin... pretty funny how he handled it.

whispering and smiling to each other as they left the room of dana's
gsp: "u a funny guy"

this upcoming fight is going to be a war!

14Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 12/2/2010, 4:33 pm

ele25

ele25

GSP is not a Champ. A role model yes, but not a Champ. Sorry give all the numbers you want for him. But since the Matt Serra TKO, he has never been the same. GSP is now a boring ass fighter, and only scoring points to win. Jackson can say o my guys win these bonus and so on. But when your most Popular fighter fights like that it says something about your camp.

GSP will hopefully lose to Kos. Belt will brought back to America. And GSP can cry and say I wasn't mentally prepared for this fight or What ever he wants. Point GSP is not a Champ. Is Kos, no. But he will be a better Champ for the time being.

15Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 12/2/2010, 4:45 pm

ovfd55

ovfd55
Most fighter lose after TUF blame it for messing up there training

16Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 12/2/2010, 4:46 pm

ovfd55

ovfd55
I also think that GSP wins this one but lose to Shields by sub

17Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 12/2/2010, 5:30 pm

Cesar Cyborg

Cesar Cyborg

ovfd55 wrote:I also think that GSP wins this one but lose to Shields by sub
Is this a Joke? GSP will T(ko) Kos and T(ko) sheilds

18Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 12/2/2010, 5:59 pm

K!LLA B33

K!LLA B33

ovfd55 wrote:I also think that GSP wins this one but lose to Shields by sub
I think Josh pulls out the upset and then destroys shields as well.

19Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 12/2/2010, 7:51 pm

Droges

Droges

Josh can easily perform a serra with his strong overhand right but as ele complains about, gsp is aware of that and may not keep the fight standing for long.

I think this fight will go down the almost excact same way as before however I will be surprised if it will go to the cards.

I think gsp stops him and ele will be happy that he has proven to be a champ, right ele?

20Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 12/3/2010, 1:11 am

ele25

ele25

Nope not really.

I really began to hare him over the TUF season. He is like a robot, and always cries when Josh plays a simple prank. That is just my thoughts.

21Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 12/12/2010, 12:34 pm

Droges

Droges

what did you think of that fight ele?

little frustrating becuause I think if GSP doubled up on his combos he could have finished KOS.

Still a dominate performance with KOS having nothing for gsp. Love him or hate him, gsp has that weight class pretty locked right now.

22Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 12/13/2010, 8:06 am

ele25

ele25

In the first round one of GSPs jabs either fractured or broke Kos's orbital bone. Once that happens it is near impossible to fight. Your eye instantly swells shut, even with the cold press it was near impossible to see. Kos didn't quit though. GSP still could finish a guy that could only see with one eye. Not saying GSP performance was terrible it was good, and he used the jab perfectly, still he didn't finish the fight and you will only get at least a good fight.

Let me fracture or break your orbital bone and lets see how effective you are at fighting. Depth perception is gone. If your eye doesn't swell shut you see double. Kos is out for at least 6-12months, not including medical suspension.

23Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 12/13/2010, 10:38 am

Droges

Droges

I am not sure if you are reading me wrong or not. I am not trying to take anything away from Koscheck, he was tough to continue.. that eye was brutal.

I am agreeing with you that with someone fighting with one eye, GSP could have mixed it up even more, some super man punches or what not and probably finished it.
I was hoping for more.

But maybe for a champion trait, you can throw in fighting smart?
1 punch can end your career in mma.

24Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 12/13/2010, 2:25 pm

I have to say that this fight was a more or less what I thought it was gonna be. GSP grinding Kos away. I did figure on more ground work but Kos was able to scramble really well and so did GSP when the other fighter took them down.

The jabbing from GSP was superb, and obviously is something he worked heavily on. I agree with Droges that he could have mixed it up more and probably, if not finished, bot knocked Kos down.

Still not a fan of either guy really, Kos showed some toughness though with only having one eye to fight with for 4+ rounds. GSP though, didn't show me anything to sway me over to his bandwagon, yet again. In all the fights I've seen GSP (minus the Serra fight) in he's always the same. Can't really fault him, he's just boring to watch in my eyes.

25Josh Kosheck Empty Re: Josh Kosheck 12/13/2010, 4:38 pm

ele25

ele25

Droges wrote:I am not sure if you are reading me wrong or not. I am not trying to take anything away from Koscheck, he was tough to continue.. that eye was brutal.

I am agreeing with you that with someone fighting with one eye, GSP could have mixed it up even more, some super man punches or what not and probably finished it.
I was hoping for more.

But maybe for a champion trait, you can throw in fighting smart?
1 punch can end your career in mma.

You know the difference between a good athlete and a great one?

They great one take risk to win it all. They are the ones who become legends, ones who do whatever it takes to win. Even if it cost them.

GSP is good. He will never be great.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]