You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
What’s up EA SPORTS MMA Community! Since the games release, we’ve been monitoring the forums looking for your feedback and opinions. We have compiled this information and have been investigating ways to address some of the concerns that had been brought to our attention and are happy to report that a tuning pass has gone live for Heavy, Middle, and Light weight classes. Some things you can expect from the new tuning pass include:

-Blocking now takes priority over parrying. The block effectiveness has been raised so players will be able to block more strikes than before. A missed parry will result in a higher likelihood of stun so use your parries carefully.

-Stamina System has received a major overhaul. Strikes will now drain more stamina than before, however stamina regeneration has also increased. This is done to discourage spamming and encourage more realistic striking combinations.

-Health will regenerate slower than before, especially while blocking. This in combination with the adjusted blocking will require you to be more methodical and plan for a longer fight where you slowly chip away at your opponent.

-A few windows and timers have been adjusted on the ground. You will now have more success knocking people out from positions other than mount and backmount. You will also have to carefully balance when you decide to block, parry, and pass.

-The power of knees and the stamina loss in the clinch upon failed takedowns has been adjusted. We have more accurately captured the devastating power of a knee to the face, but you have to be very careful about when you use this because it requires a lot of stamina.

-We have updated all of the fighter records and adjusted a few fighters that we thought needed to be more balanced.

These are significant changes to gameplay and they will take some time to adjust to. I am sure many of you will appreciate the changes that have been made and find that fights feel more balanced. I encourage you all to play as much as possible and give feedback on the forums. We will continue to take your feedback and improve things to give you the most balanced gameplay possible.

Thank You,

Victor Lugo, Gameplay Designer

Preston Dollinger, QA Test Lead

EA SPORTS MMA Live Team

Source

BronzyCoder

BronzyCoder

"Encourage more realistic striking combinations?" All that's happened so far is that I've been hook spammed again and again, and because whenever I kick I lose so much stamina, it benefits spamming to the body. As for balancing, Fedor is still incredibly overpowered. On the ground especially, just constantly spamming punches= win. I don't see any way in which this update has benefitted anyone except the spammers.

Freddie Karnes

Freddie Karnes
thats because spammers are the ones getting mad because then dont know how to play without spaming so they bitch to get it to were they can so they can win more instead of getting caught all the time by getting perryed maby im wrong but i hate getting spamed so i always go to the ground Smile

BronzyCoder

BronzyCoder

Whenever I get taken down, people just ground and pound CONSTANTLY. It's made the game more drawn out and boring and not as exciting as it used to be, IMO. However, this is just my take on it.

ele25

ele25

I hardly play anymore tbh. I should though. But I am just going to spar with my camp and have them get me better.

Freddie Karnes

Freddie Karnes
well im pretty good on the ground i think im not the greates i know but im ok i guess id say but my stand up sucks but add my GT:RedDragon525 and im more then happy to spar also if anybody needs it im usely on here or there or atleast around somewhere lol

Droges

Droges

well I like the patch in some ways better because I do find standup has taken it bit more technical approach.

the ground as well for the most part adds a bit more presure to it(risk\rewardS). I do like it.

The other night I got schooled hardcore though. Guy with 95ground, got me there and there was no way for me to recover or parry good\fast enought.

but it was my fault for letting it get there in the first place.

BlazedGonzo

BlazedGonzo
Only thing I don't like about the current patch is how blocking is so powerful on the ground.

ele25

ele25

BlazedGonzo wrote:Only thing I don't like about the current patch is how blocking is so powerful on the ground.

I realized that in Bushido. Jones was pound away a Tony and he didnt get KTFO'd for at least a minute.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum