You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 EA has big plans for UFC on 6/8/2012, 4:09 am

Source

Looks like EA Tiburon, EA Canada, and the MMA team who made EA MMA will be working on this on. Idk how I feel about Tiburon being in on it, but EA Canada is big (Fight Night Fans will agree)

Thoughts??

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Psalms 144:1  Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle;
View user profile

2 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/9/2012, 4:42 pm

I like the fact that Tiburon is involved and they are adding new people to the mix. I mean the 2 big issues with EA MMA was how effective and easy it was to drain stamina and the parry spam/takedown. Considering that was their very first MMA game, they did a fantastic job in other areas like fight cards and auto-training in career, not to mention the most satisfying counter system in a fighting game (hit a guy when he's doing a big move and it was lights out).

Supposedly EA was working on EA MMA2 probably up until UFC3 was released. So I'm assuming the Devs were tweaking things and noticing what the community was saying so I'm fairly confident that those 2 issues will be tweaked.

As for EA Canada, I'm hoping we get the blood effects and knockout animations from FN:Champions cause they were some of the most realistic I've seen in a game and very dynamic.

I'm guessing that EA Canada is going to handle tweaking the engine for a proper MMA game while Tiburon works on design decisions.

One thing that I expect to see is Fight Cards, stats before the fight load, balanced insta-cafs with career cafs. All of that was in EA MMA so it would be a step backwards not to include them.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
MMA Video Reviews and Stupid Stuff = http://geekintomma.blogspot.com/
View user profile http://geekintomma.blogspot.com/

3 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/9/2012, 8:43 pm

I guess my thinking with Tiburon was due to the flub ups of games like Tiger Woods, Madden etc. But when you put it that way; Tiburon making decisions and Canada inserting more FN elements, I actually think that would be an awesome idea.

Tiburon usually implements nice Dynasty modes into NCAA and Madden, which would be impressive in an MMA game since you can cater some of the items towards MMA instead.

If they were tweaking before UFC 3, I have a feeling they'd probably not remove the things we loved most. That's basically why all EA MMA purists hated the things that were missing in UFC 3. Fight Cards catered directly to leagues. I know a few times we'd finish fight cards here and continue to throw fights together just to have fun. That was one of the most sought after features that separated MMA from UFC and THQ failed to include it. Hopefully they're taking really good notes. With the foundation they've already built, the skies the limit. Let's just hope they don't mess it up.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Psalms 144:1  Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle;
View user profile

4 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/10/2012, 2:13 am

As long as they listen to us I dont care who makes it.
View user profile

5 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/10/2012, 2:28 am

K!LLA B33 wrote:As long as they listen to us I dont care who makes it.

lol yea I agree, just adds extra incentive knowing it's in capable hands.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Psalms 144:1  Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle;
View user profile

6 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/10/2012, 10:46 pm

Some the news a couple of days ago and the first thing I thought of was a OnlineMMA.org revival!

With EA's incentive to make sports games more realistic, I am very excited and was really impressed with EA MMA. Hopefully they will bring in a lot more fans as well.

You guys plan on having a revamp and intend on making a league that is CAF? I enjoy Undisputed Online but I feel like you guys have always been better despite not being too productive with UFC Undisputed 3 (don't blame you lol, game was awful).

Anyways, good to see you guys again. Wink
View user profile

7 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/10/2012, 11:15 pm

^ ^
Definately revamping man and yes it will be for CAFs.
View user profile

8 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/10/2012, 11:24 pm

Acoustic wrote:Some the news a couple of days ago and the first thing I thought of was a OnlineMMA.org revival!

With EA's incentive to make sports games more realistic, I am very excited and was really impressed with EA MMA. Hopefully they will bring in a lot more fans as well.

You guys plan on having a revamp and intend on making a league that is CAF? I enjoy Undisputed Online but I feel like you guys have always been better despite not being too productive with UFC Undisputed 3 (don't blame you lol, game was awful).

Anyways, good to see you guys again. Wink

Haven't saw you in a while Acoustic!

But as K!lla said, we're definitely revamping. This release will not catch us off guard like UFC 3, but it will be CAF Wink

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Psalms 144:1  Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle;
View user profile

9 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/10/2012, 11:33 pm

Think the almighty heavens! Razz

Only thing I can ask for (and quite frankly, if the game is good enough I wouldn't care) is:

Stat cap (for fighter diversity)

Less Leagues (quality over quantity)

View user profile

10 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/11/2012, 5:58 pm

ea mma2 is the best news.. better then gears4.

I am very pumped about this!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
OMMA Journalist
  
Fighters:
Rex Payne FF HW
Devin Payne-kickboxer (LHW)
Greg Martin-freestyle (WW)

TSC
 
View user profile

11 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/11/2012, 7:21 pm

Droges wrote:ea mma2 is the best news.. better then gears4.

I am very pumped about this!

Glad to see ya back Mr. Droges Wink Haven't seen you in a while

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Psalms 144:1  Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle;
View user profile

12 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/12/2012, 10:27 am

thanks Charles, although I never really left, I certainly haven't kept up with saying i would remain active.

No one got back to me about writing something for ufc3.
Hook me up with a next fight card vid(s) and I will write it up.



cheers

______________________________________________________________________________________________
OMMA Journalist
  
Fighters:
Rex Payne FF HW
Devin Payne-kickboxer (LHW)
Greg Martin-freestyle (WW)

TSC
 
View user profile

13 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/12/2012, 3:51 pm

Droges wrote:thanks Charles, although I never really left, I certainly haven't kept up with saying i would remain active.

No one got back to me about writing something for ufc3.
Hook me up with a next fight card vid(s) and I will write it up.



cheers

We didn't have anything to write about lol we didn't do anything with UFC 3. We'd started prepping, but so many issues forced us to step back until either a patch surfaced or a new game was detailed. The patch hasn't came and EA MMA 2 was announced lol the rest is history I guess.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Psalms 144:1  Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle;
View user profile

14 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/12/2012, 8:14 pm

Charles wrote:
Droges wrote:thanks Charles, although I never really left, I certainly haven't kept up with saying i would remain active.

No one got back to me about writing something for ufc3.
Hook me up with a next fight card vid(s) and I will write it up.



cheers

We didn't have anything to write about lol we didn't do anything with UFC 3. We'd started prepping, but so many issues forced us to step back until either a patch surfaced or a new game was detailed. The patch hasn't came and EA MMA 2 was announced lol the rest is history I guess.

Not to mention that a lot of people didn't want to go through the trouble of taking pictures and uploading them before a fight to prove they used a legit CAF. It was just too much a pain in the ass to police and with no fight cards, odds are nobody would see your fight except the 2 people involved. Kinda killed everything that was unique to this league.


Acoustic wrote:Think the almighty heavens! Razz

Stat cap (for fighter diversity)


Yeah, that was one of the best things about EA MMA was the specialties (player classes). I hope they add a perk system to help diversify characters even more. In EA MMA1 there was basically maybe 3 optimal builds for each specialty which meant most boxers specialties had the same stats and most wrestlers were the same in terms of stats. If EA adds "perks" or skill boosters like in Fight Night Champions it would allow people to customize their character even more and make them more distinctive.

EX:
It would be cool if you could select 5 "perks" per character and the perks would be stuff like

Deadly Jab - 5% chance of stunning opponent with jab

Safe Submission - 5% chance of not losing position after a failed sub attempt

Knockout Artist (hands)- 5% of Flash KOing opponent with heavy hand strikes

Jumping Takedown - 5% chance of ending up in side control after a takedown.

Adrenaline Rush -5% health recovery when you rock your opponent

Iron Jaw- 5% chance of instant recovery when rocked

ect.....

Then imagine if each perk had 5 levels. So you could select 5 lvl1 perks or max out one perk or have 2lvl1 perks and 1 lvl3 perk, ect...

EX: Deadly jab at lvl5 gives a 25% of stunning oppenent


As system similar to that along with more special moves and stats would give players a lot of options when building a fighter and diversify.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
MMA Video Reviews and Stupid Stuff = http://geekintomma.blogspot.com/
View user profile http://geekintomma.blogspot.com/

15 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/12/2012, 9:03 pm

I am so pumped about EA coming out with a new MMA game, and it is about damn time Dana got off the sinking ship known as THQ. I thought every league would be pumped about this but I think this Is the only place excited already (like me Very Happy)

Sorry I have not been around, but I tried to enjoy UFC 3 and get into it for league play, but I hated every part of the game compared to EA MMA, so I got out of all leagues. However with EA MMA 2 I am coming back here because this was and will be the spot for EA MMA.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
A Skillful Fighter Paralyzes His Opponent, Leaving Them Vulnerable To Attack
7th Star

GT:BlazedGonz


View user profile

16 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/13/2012, 1:46 am

I didn't play FN: Champion Ultra, wasn't that interested, but I heard it had a bunch of things going for it. What you detailed sounds interesting though, I'll have to look more into it and see if I can find out How FN implemented it and how it's ins and outs worked, but sounds good to say the least.

BlazedGonzo wrote:I am so pumped about EA coming out with a new MMA game, and it is about damn time Dana got off the sinking ship known as THQ. I thought every league would be pumped about this but I think this Is the only place excited already (like me Very Happy)

Sorry I have not been around, but I tried to enjoy UFC 3 and get into it for league play, but I hated every part of the game compared to EA MMA, so I got out of all leagues. However with EA MMA 2 I am coming back here because this was and will be the spot for EA MMA.

Nice to see ya back Gonzo. I think the reason we're probably the only league excited about it as of now is because we got way ahead of the curve with implementing it into the league. We were readying for UFC 2010 and after that provided to many bugs, we focused all of our attention to EA MMA. I mean we had one heck of a run for a while with cards and exciting fights. It just fit for some reason. I'll definitely be glad to see this place up and full throttle with new members with old making tons of history within these borders.

But yea, as much as I wanted UFC 3 to work, it just didn't. So many things wrong with it. I'll admit it's fun, and I have a blast playing single player at times, but for league purposes THQ did everything in their power to screw up leagues.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Psalms 144:1  Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle;
View user profile

17 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/13/2012, 8:11 am

Im just happy they can save on some of the marketing now that its officially UFC. So more money for developement.
View user profile

18 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/16/2012, 1:47 am

Yep more money to invest means a MMA game on the level of FN. Twisted Evil
View user profile

19 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/20/2012, 11:43 am

Yo gonzo quote. lol.. Ya I am pumped. I wish I was more part of omma when we were rocking because you guys(everyone) had some great fights in mma.

I want to be here to help OMMA start mma2 off with a bang.
home and work is still hectic as (moving,etc) but I will try and commit to a schedule. Better manage my time to report on what I say I am going to do. (whether my guys fight or not)

I was actually looking forward to writting and watching a few in ufc3 to bad it has issues but good for EA to land UFC.

Anyway can't say or express enough how excited I am of this news.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
OMMA Journalist
  
Fighters:
Rex Payne FF HW
Devin Payne-kickboxer (LHW)
Greg Martin-freestyle (WW)

TSC
 
View user profile

20 Re: EA has big plans for UFC on 6/21/2012, 11:56 am

K!LLA B33 wrote:Yep more money to invest means a MMA game on the level of FN. Twisted Evil

Yep.
View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum