You are not connected.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cloud

Cloud
"This guy is scared of me" - Maeda talks Bushido 4 opponent Roy Nelson

As iOMMA News (indepentend Online MMA News) has learned, there is some controversy going on about the anticipated Heavyweight fight between Masaru Maeda, who recentely could celebrate his first win in Bushido with a brutal first round KO over Reggie Ray, and Roy Nelson who is looking to make his debut under the Bushido banner.

While the matchup is official already, there seems to be some dispute between the two fighters about how things should go down for this heavyweight spectacle. Fortunaly, we was able to sit down with the big Japanese wrestler Maeda, to hear his side of the story.

Q: Maeda, please tell us what's going on. Is this fight in jeopardy?

A: I can't tell you at this point. It's all weird. All I know is; We were ready to fight. He was ready to fight. Though, he refused to do so, you know.

Q: What happened?

A: My manager, Cloud (Cloud Cyborg), was going to these guys, bman (Roy's manager) and Roy, and asked what's up and why they refuse to fight now. They didn't gave us an decent answer at all, I tell you. After some time, he (bman) was saying that they still had time and that they don't want to fight now, for no apparent reasons. I mean he was ready, he was in the arena already. Why you wait then? But I have no problem if they still want to prepare and fight later, but at least they should talk honestly with us. Maybe he wants to play mind games, I don't know. Usually I show respect to my opponents, but if they don't show respects to me, I'm not going to show them respect either.

Q: So you think the fight will still happen later this week?

A: I don't know. To me it seems that he might try to duck me. Don't get me wrong, he is a good fighter. He has a good record and he is a good submission guy. I was watching a few fights of him in my preparation. But is he good enough for Bushido? Is he good enough for someone like me? I think he has doubts. This guy is scared of me.

Q: We heard rumours that you wasn't happy with this opponent to begin with. Is that true?

A: It is. Don't get me wrong, I will fight anybody they put in front of me, but I went to OMMA and asked for Mike Bernardo, but Mr. Fisk didn't wanted that fight it seems. One thing is for sure, the same thing wouldn't have happened with Mike. This guy is a real warrior. I used to watch him in K-1 when I was a kid and he was one of the reason I became passionated about Kakutougi and wanted to become a real fighter myself. This fight was actually in the making since some time, but couldn't materalize yet. I hope to fight him on the next Bushido card. It would be a honor to fight with this legend. I also hope he will get a fight on this card, because he deserves a fight.

After these shocking statements of Maeda, we just can hope that the fight will still happen on Bushido 4.

We tryed but couldn't reach Roy Nelson for a statement of his own yet. Stay tuned to see what the American fighter has to say about Maeda's bold statements.

SMOKECOMBS

SMOKECOMBS
Thanks mate, hey if this guy keeps ducking you I'm always here and willing to take the fight. I've had respect for your (Mr. Maeda's) skills for years. I know it would be a tall order for me to pull out a win over you, but true warriors only care about the challenge. Hopefully when you get done with this guy, if he bothers to show up for the fight, you and I can test our skills against one another. Good luck!
http://www.doghouseboxing.com

OnlineMMA

OnlineMMA
If he keeps ducking you SMOKE will get to fill in. That goes for anyone who sign up and is the odd man out. If someone doesnt show you get the spot.

I apologize for not matching you guys up at 1st. I forgot Maeda requested it in a pm. I simply looked at the signups when making the matchup and everyone put "anyone" as the answer to who they would like to fight. Please answer that quetion next time guys as thats what I pay attention to when makeing the matchups.

SMOKECOMBS

SMOKECOMBS
Thanks Wilson, I never know who to call out in those fight cards but I will fight anyone, Bernardo doesn't duck fights.
http://www.doghouseboxing.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum